Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are so many sore losers here. Face the facts. The Azzurri got knocked out in the quarterfinals of France 98. Only 1 Serie A team (Lazio) made it to the quarterfinals of the Champions League in the last 3 years. And now Italy gets knocked out World Cup 2002 in the 2nd round. Italian results from the world's top international competition and the world's top club competition have not been good. The results don't lie. Italian football is in crisis. Catenaccio is outdated and dead. Just because someone provides a comment that you don't want to hear, then you accuse them of being anti-Italian. Quit providing excuses and all the blaming on outside sources. The problem is from within.

FACE THE FACTS ! It will do you good.

After the shameful exit from France 98, a 0-3 loss to Croatia and its worst ever showing in a World Cup game. As well as an absolutely disasterous campaign in Euro 2000, Germany has had a good long look in the mirror. And he didn't like what he saw. Gone is the arrogance from the Nationalmannschaft's past. Gone is the overconfidence. Gone are the feelings of superiority. And honest, truthfull reality was finally faced. No more bullsh*tting ourselves with making excuses for painfull failures. Only then did things change. Perhaps you should do the same. Then maybe you can learn a thing or two from your neighbour up north.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bitterness won't get you anywhere. Look in the mirror.

·
Registered
655 Posts
'The Champ' I agree with what you have said. If that is what it takes to become winners, then ITALIA should and will have to try it. Because I want them to win again, hint: major cups'

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
The Champ said:
...Catenaccio is outdated and dead. Just because someone provides a comment that you don't want to hear, then you accuse them of being anti-Italian...
It's not that we don't want to hear it. But when someone like you keeps bringing up the same tired old s hit, like catenaccio which hasn't been employed in nearly thirty years, you got to expect someone to call you on the carpet for your abysmal ignorance...

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
Yea Germany really killed Paraguay offensively, huh?
You can only kill a cow once. Your criticisms are not constructive, they are vindictive and immature. Here you are in our forum criticizing us - who is the bitter one here. Concentrate on your own team - root for them instead of childishly tearing others down.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Primo said:
You better hope you win tomorrow fool.
So who's laughing now?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: You Italians Can Learn From German Football.

fangul said:

It's not that we don't want to hear it. But when someone like you keeps bringing up the same tired old s hit, like catenaccio which hasn't been employed in nearly thirty years, you got to expect someone to call you on the carpet for your abysmal ignorance...
What do you mean someone like me? I just got here and have made 2 posts at the most regarding this topic of catenaccio.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
King Italy said:
Who the **** loses 5-1 at home to England? :D Damn they must be sad :D
Joining the English chorus are you? It's the only redeeming game they've had to compliment their otherwise dismal performances against Germany. Why wouldn't they keep mentioning it?

If I had a choice between losing to England in a World Cup qualifier and beating them in 1990 and 1996 to win the World Cup and European Championship, I think I'd rather choose the latter. Germany did not lose to the English from England66 till Euro 2000. Talk about domination.

And Germany get the last word again when it counts. England are out against Brazil and Germany are through to the semis in World Cup 2002.

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
Wow, those masters of attacking soccer, Germany & England really went out there and showed their creativity, vision and attacking football today? :D Not.
England scores one goal on a pure defensive error, then crawls in a shell and a bog of worthless long balls. Minutes to play in their WCup and they showed nothing. They had no offense. Scholes and the midfield were really weak and Backham was way off. The team sucked, frankly, and anyone that says they play "attractive" football is delusional. The only reason they made it to the next round was a gift call from an Italian ref, a favor they kindly returned by screwing us over with their ref vs. Croatia. That ref is now sitting home.
Anyone that would brag about today's 1-0 barnburner :D of a show that Germany put on is either severely demented or just in denial.
You got outplayed by an inexperienced but rising soccer nation. You had no attack. You did nothing on offense. Read your critiques about Italian soccer and replace German soccer in every sentence. How can you be proud or barely holding on vs. little ole US? I thought you were a soccer giant. Good thing that handball saved your goal. Try to use more possession. Don't cling to 1-0 leads....after shameful exits from the quarterfinals the last two years, you squeak into the second round against inferior opponents and manage willy-nilly 1-0 victories vs. minnows. Yet you come here and howl. Think about how pathetic that is. :howler:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ya think he's right.. Learn from the Germans'

1. Toppmoller's hair.
2. Jancker's Robotics.
3. Schummy's arrogance.
4. Play with heads only.

They are good at that...only i think..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Primo said:

A)Wow, those masters of attacking soccer, Germany & England really went out there and showed their creativity, vision and attacking football today? :D Not.

B)Anyone that would brag about today's 1-0 barnburner :D of a show that Germany put on is either severely demented or just in denial.
A)What an oxymoronic statement coming from an Italian football fan.

B)Who's bragging? I merely stated that Germany got through to the semis.

But judging by the content of your posts, you strike me as a crude plebian who has descended from the lower classes...who also happens to be a sore loser.

Get over and look in the mirror. It'll do you good.

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
Wow, what an air game you have! :howler:
You guys foul so good :howler:
Bring on those defenders in the 60th minute. God, German footy is so beautiful. :howler:
You needed another Marshall Plan today. You had nothing. Booooooooorrrrrrrrrrrriiinnnngggggggggggggg. :howler:
Boring. Boring. Boring. Boring. snooooooooooooooze. Germany. :howler: Guard that 1-0 lead against the US, Paraguay. Defense is all you got. So stop putting down other's for their defense. Hypocrite.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
HEy kraut boy

look at the facts the germans had one half decent cahcne and they scored it. the rest of the game u guys put 11 men behinf th eball and parryed to god KHAN can still play like a GOD.

the germans packed it in and gave up.

HERE'S ONE FAN WHO GAVE UP THE MANNSCHAFT FOR THE AMERICAN BOYS WHO OUTCLASSD U

Lav

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
One thing Italy should never and I stress NEVER EVER do is learn anything from the Germans.... that's not going downhill, that's taking a great dive from a cliff to hell. Learn from Germany after today's sheer luck when such an unattractive unprofessional team like the US dominates the game for 90 minutes and 11 or 10 germans never pass the half..... if I was a german, I'd be ashamed. disgusting team and their disgusting game never changed, not when they stole the 90 world cup, and not when they were finally showed what they were worth by Stoichcov, Letchcov and Bulgaria (who can forget) in 94 and of course, the beautiful crushing of 98. Same thing will happen here - either by a hat trick by Raul and (hopefully) by the same South Corea, which will terrify the germans with 60000 supporters. You have one good player and he's between the posts. Much like Paraguay come to think of it (oh yes they almost beat you). If you win the world cup, it'll definitely be the worst cup ever......

Forza Italia.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There is absolutley nothing to learn from German football. Whether a German team in a WC is a good one or bad one, Germany always seems to have lady luck by there side. This Germany is definately not a good one.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
the champ

Well the arrogance seemed to be back in the game against usa, Ballack...and i thought Totti was a big primadonna:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have no defense against such statements regarding Nationalmannschaft 2002. You guys are absolutely correct. Like Voeller said, Germany were lucky to advance. If it wasn't for the heroics of Oliver Kahn (the world's greatest stopper), we would have been sent packing after the 1st round. But at least I am a realist.

Note the tone and content of my posts. We Germans have come to terms with our shortcomings, realizing that we are no longer a football superpower. Perhaps that is why we have not arrogantly underestimated this tournament and gone on to the semis, while you guys have returned to Italy.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
UV said:
There is absolutley nothing to learn from German football. Whether a German team in a WC is a good one or bad one, Germany always seems to have lady luck by there side. This Germany is definately not a good one.
The only truth to your statements is the last sentence. But good teams create their luck.

Let's look at the record:

Germany:
World Cups - 3
Runners Up - 3
Euros - 3
Runners Up - 2

Italy:

World Cups - 3
Runners Up - 1
Euros - 1
Runners Up - 0

Yet 2 of Italy's World Cups were in antiquity, before the war. In modern times, Germany have by far been the better team.
A quarterfinal appearance in every tournament since the war. And 10 semifinal apperances overall. You call that luck? Italy hasn't even come close to matching such consistency.

Even when we field a team that is absolutely lacking in talent, we manage to find a way to get through. Perhaps that is due to our system. A system that works and proven itself time and again.+ You can learn a lot from us.

People like to compare Germany and Italy, but your glory years were in the ancient times when football hadn't even fully evolved yet. You guys have bullsh*tted yourselves into believing in your ability and results when in reality, the early years skewed the truth. Italy have been nothing more than pretenders in recent times. You guys deserved to lose to the Koreans.

+Note: exclude Euro 2000. That was a mutinous, infighting faction that ripped the team apart.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts