·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chalkias

vd Wiel - S. Ward - Sivok - Mathijsen - Holebas / Boenisch

Van Bommel - J. Poulsen

Robben - Kerzhakov - Ronaldo​

Ronaldo has a chance to redeem himself against (for the last 6 months) non footballer vd Wiel :proud:

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Chalkias

vd Wiel - S. Ward - Sivok - Mathijsen - Holebas / Boenisch

Van Bommel - J. Poulsen

Robben - Kerzhakov - Ronaldo​

Ronaldo has a chance to redeem himself against (for the last 6 months) non footballer vd Wiel :proud:
Almost the same as your but I would replace Chalkias with Cech, you dont expect such mistakes from a goalie of his calibre. Lucky for him it was not as costly as the mistake against Turkey in 2008.
As for the LB id definitly pick Holebas in front of Boenisch. Dont know about J. Poulsen though. Rommedahl could be in the list as well. He didnt do anything and his replacement yesterday did more in a few minutes than Dennis through the two games.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my friends, i'm an italian man and my english is very limitated. please help me in our forum!!!
my flop XI is: Szczesny - vd Wiel - Mathijsen - Heitinga - Papastatopoulos - Giaccherini - Van Bommel - Chamberlein - Afellay - Eriksen - Balotelli

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Kadlec on the left was far worse than Gebre Selassie in the first game against the Russians. No surprise he didn;t make it to the starting line-up for the Greece game.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,488 Posts
I think Kerzhakov has been great so far. Runs like a madman opening up spaces for himself and, more importantly, his teammates.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
His work rate has been great, but his finishing has been abysmal. It was mentioned that he broke the record for most attempts in a game without hitting the target :howler:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Hello my friends, i'm an italian man and my english is very limitated. please help me in our forum!!!
my flop XI is: Szczesny - vd Wiel - Mathijsen - Heitinga - Papastatopoulos - Giaccherini - Van Bommel - Chamberlein - Afellay - Eriksen - Balotelli
welcome to XT

·
Banned
570 Posts
Cech

van der Wiel - Vlaar - Dunne - Holebas

van Bommel - Whelan

Eriksen

Samaras - Kerzhakov - Ronaldo​

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Given has been quiet shite as well, especially when you consider the fact that he has built his reputation as a great shot stopper.

·
Registered
32,040 Posts
It's a bit harsh to say Eriksen flopped imo. There were expectations of course, and he hasn't been abble to stand out for Denmark, but it has as much to do with the system as anything, he's been more a cog in the machinery and as such hasn't done poorly. He would see a lot more of the ball if he played where Pirlo does for Italy, for example. Not saying he should.

·
Banned
570 Posts
Drito, Given would have been my second choice but to be fair, he isn't fully fit right now. He was desparate to be here but he's not even ready. And at least he hasn't done anything as bad as Cech's mistake or that Pavlyuchenko goal he conceded.

It's a bit harsh to say Eriksen flopped imo. There were expectations of course, and he hasn't been abble to stand out for Denmark, but it has as much to do with the system as anything, he's been more a cog in the machinery and as such hasn't done poorly. He would see a lot more of the ball if he played where Pirlo does for Italy, for example. Not saying he should.
Eriksen has done nothing despite all the hype around him at the moment and being the focal point of Denmark's midfield. I haven't seen him make any sort of impact so far. Disappointment for sure.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,488 Posts
Team selected based on perceived skill vs level of fail ratio.

Cech
Van Der Wiel - Dunne - Mathijsen - Coentrao
Van Bommel - Karagounis
Eriksen
Robben - Balotelli (Samaras) - Toivonen (Afellay/Ronaldo)​

·
Registered
32,040 Posts
Brutal, Eriksen has been holding up the ball, distributing it decently, etc., which is enough for a passing grade. Not that I wouldn't have liked to see him being more active.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts