Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that we already gave to you a lesson of football:tongue:

O.G of 84. remember?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it's good to see you here, lili. What did we tell you about, then? Did we mention the Great French Choking of 2002? :lala:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :shades:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Looks like you learned your lesson from 1958 quite well. :D

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure, we didn't have to face the great china in our group;)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Garrincha said:
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it's good to see you here, lili. What did we tell you about, then? Did we mention the Great French Choking of 2002? :lala:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :shades:
She is talking about the 1984 olympic games.

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OAnimal said:
Looks like you learned your lesson from 1958 quite well. :D
yes, but since, you must admit we fought well;)

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the silvinho who was in this brazilian squad, was it the one i heard in the thread of the most famous brazilian players?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
mali said:
sure, we didn't have to face the great china in our group;)
But you couldn't score a single goal in 270 minutes against the mights of Denmark, Uruguay and Senegal... I'll stop here, it's too embarassing... :howler: :D

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OAnimal said:
But you couldn't score a single goal in 270 minutes against the mights of Denmark, Uruguay and Senegal... I'll stop here, it's too embarassing... :howler: :D
senegal it was fair, we lost 1.0 and it was deserved. the senegalaise were more physical than us.

but for the uruguay's one. let me laugh. we played at 10, we lost henry since. we didn't have zizou. and more... we scored, trézéguet scored, but the goal hasn't been allowed, does that have to do with referee? a mexican one...

for danemark, we had to win by 2 goals, we had a semi-zizou, we tryed. the second goal of danemark wasn't a right one, ask to glen if you don't believe me. it was a clear fault on desailly.

i don't think our squad was that bad. this squad was the best one of the moment. everybody saw us win this wc. but it was too much stuffs against us. and i repeat here that the match against uruguay wasn't a fair one. it changed the cards.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
mali said:
senegal it was fair, we lost 1.0 and it was deserved. the senegalaise were more physical than us.

but for the uruguay's one. let me laugh. we played at 10, we lost henry since. we didn't have zizou. and more... we scored, trézéguet scored, but the goal hasn't been allowed, does that have to do with referee? a mexican one...
OK, you scored one goal then in 270 minutes, hardly something to be proud of. ;)

for danemark, we had to win by 2 goals, we had a semi-zizou, we tryed. the second goal of danemark wasn't a right one, ask to glen if you don't believe me. it was a clear fault on desailly.
Even if that goal was ruled out, you'd still lose by 1:0. ;)

Injustices happen. Brazil had their key player Ronaldinho sent off against England unfairly as well, but they still won their matches.

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
england?
anytime we can beat them:D

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
What about Greece, Switzerland and mighty Israel then? :howler: :D

And just for the record. England made Denmark look like Malta in the last 16 round in WC 2002. :stuckup:

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
only greece beat us. and they are european champion;)

but it was not the subject of my thread. i was talking about this match of the olympic games. what a match! what a lesson our unknown frenchies gave to your best players!!!

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I don't think Brazil played with its best players in the 84 Olympics... :googly:

Because frankly I don't remember Zico, Socrates, Falcao, Careca, etc. playing there...

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you know what?
i reconized the name of brazilian players, but not the french ones:eek:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
mali said:
you know what?
i reconized the name of brazilian players, but not the french ones:eek:
Probably because many Brazilian players had one of those common Brazilian nicknames worn by many players... :confused:

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
but i think Papin played this game. I see, Mali(li) wants my lessons about french footbal also ? ;)

Silvinho in 1984 was a International player, right middlefield, something like this. Had not a great carrer after it, so he is most likely not a famous brazilian player...However, Mali(li)...I do not think there is really a big famous brazilian named Silvinho, not that my memory covers.
The 1984 team was basically formated by Internacional-RS players. It was not a single national team. One of your teams by then, and not even in the top 5 at that time, was enough to get the silver medal.
May I help with anything else, my dear Mali(li) ? ;)

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, it's difficult with this brazilian names, they is too many ronaldos and silvinho and so on "nho";)
i heard the name of "dunga" also.

papin wasn't in this french squad, neither platini, giresse and consor...

the guys who scored were :
françois brisson (do you know him?)
and xuereb (i already heard this name i think)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I heard the second name as well, I think he was part of French senior NT later, but didn't play a major role... :confused:

And BTW, Dunga was hardly among the best Brazilian players back in 1984...

·
Registered
56,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, i remember only of the squad which won euro 84. platini, giresse, fernandez, and the ex manager of fulham (i can't remember his name right now).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts