Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yossi Rozen might be heading to Metrostars?!?!?!

Anyone know about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,429 Posts
Rumours say he will fly to sign with Metrostars next week, and don't forget Guy Melamed who was drafted by Colorado, so we might see 2 Israelis in the MLS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raanan said:
Rumours say he will fly to sign with Metrostars next week, and don't forget Guy Melamed who was drafted by Colorado, so we might see 2 Israelis in the MLS.
How good can this be?
I mean, were talking about a leauge that goes like the NBA, MLB, NHL which there is no relegation :)

If your team sucks, it still stays on top!!

But, im worried about the level of play they will have, plus the 12 hour flight from JFK to Ben Gurion will harm them if they are called up to the NT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,429 Posts
Kappa21 said:
How good can this be?
I mean, were talking about a leauge that goes like the NBA, MLB, NHL which there is no relegation :)

If your team sucks, it still stays on top!!

But, im worried about the level of play they will have, plus the 12 hour flight from JFK to Ben Gurion will harm them if they are called up to the NT
Melamed didn't really find his place back then. A Maccabi Haifa youth academy senior who moved between several teams (Rishon Lezion, Zafririm) and decided to try his luck abroad. He's improved a lot apparently. He's a defensive midfielder but can play in defense as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raanan said:
Melamed didn't really find his place back then. A Maccabi Haifa youth academy senior who moved between several teams (Rishon Lezion, Zafririm) and decided to try his luck abroad. He's improved a lot apparently. He's a defensive midfielder but can play in defense as well.
He was at Boston College.....
Nothing like the NCAA soccer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,429 Posts
Kappa21 said:
He was at Boston College.....
Nothing like the NCAA soccer
He was voted one of the best NCAA players from what I've heard. So it wasn't a surprise he was drafted, but still impressive since the majority were American players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raanan said:
He was voted one of the best NCAA players from what I've heard. So it wasn't a surprise he was drafted, but still impressive since the majority were American players.

Indeed...
I know a couple of Canadians who play in NCAA soccer as well as in the MLS and the A-Leauge.


But com' on people!
The U.S Soccer is a joke. No Relegation, no promotion....
And yet, they consider this, and this is from a Canadian perspective:

MLS = PREMIER LEAUGE
A-Leauge = 1st Division
CPSL (not in the US) = 2nd Division
AAA = 2nd/3rd divison
AA = 4th division (region)
A = 5th Division (region)
Rep = 6th Division (house leauge)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,429 Posts
I'm pretty sure the MLS is better then Ligat Ha'al at least, it's not really hard to find a better league then ours...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raanan said:
I'm pretty sure the MLS is better then Ligat Ha'al at least, it's not really hard to find a better league then ours...

The Micronesian leauge ? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Kappa21 said:
Indeed...
I know a couple of Canadians who play in NCAA soccer as well as in the MLS and the A-Leauge.


But com' on people!
The U.S Soccer is a joke. No Relegation, no promotion....
And yet, they consider this, and this is from a Canadian perspective:

MLS = PREMIER LEAUGE
A-Leauge = 1st Division
CPSL (not in the US) = 2nd Division
AAA = 2nd/3rd divison
AA = 4th division (region)
A = 5th Division (region)
Rep = 6th Division (house leauge)

actually the A-League is now defunct and a new dawn is on the way!!

it is called:"USL" which stands for UNITED SOCCER LEAGUE a division split

this site is not official but it concludes all the Info on the new born form of Division II soccer level in the mighty US of A: http://www.uslfans.com


the lack of Promotion/relegation in the US Soccer scene is a result of a false attitude towards the game and i've already been giving my piece of my mind at the Big-Soccer boards and got insulted heavily by the fanatic hord

BTW:i believe the "AAA" etc represents a NCAA(college)soccer

below the USL there's the PDL(premier developement league) and then the USASA(amateur)


for me personally the US Soccer highlights are the US OPEN CUP matches which involved MLS clubs alongside teams from lower division
the tournament is unique amongst the American sports scene and hopefully Melamed and Rosen will play on these ties


P.S: how r u Raanan? just saw yer name mentioned on the Tapuz forum and i've decided to bile in for a while :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,429 Posts
Y&B POWER said:
P.S: how r u Raanan? just saw yer name mentioned on the Tapuz forum and i've decided to bile in for a while :)
Good to see you around, you should visit us more often :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
i'll try to contribute more often indeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Y&B POWER said:
actually the A-League is now defunct and a new dawn is on the way!!

it is called:"USL" which stands for UNITED SOCCER LEAGUE a division split

this site is not official but it concludes all the Info on the new born form of Division II soccer level in the mighty US of A: http://www.uslfans.com


the lack of Promotion/relegation in the US Soccer scene is a result of a false attitude towards the game and i've already been giving my piece of my mind at the Big-Soccer boards and got insulted heavily by the fanatic hord

BTW:i believe the "AAA" etc represents a NCAA(college)soccer

below the USL there's the PDL(premier developement league) and then the USASA(amateur)


for me personally the US Soccer highlights are the US OPEN CUP matches which involved MLS clubs alongside teams from lower division
the tournament is unique amongst the American sports scene and hopefully Melamed and Rosen will play on these ties


P.S: how r u Raanan? just saw yer name mentioned on the Tapuz forum and i've decided to bile in for a while :)

A leauge was something...

Yes, i have been around Bigsoccer, they insult you so bad..
When i picked out a team, i chose Chicago Fire..... Galaxy and Metro fans PM me and threatened me.... this is not the way for sports.

But in the U.S thers no market for soccer. Unless both baseball and hockey go on strike at the same time.

Cricket is getting a litlte better since there is a leauge and a fan base. The MLS has issues with drawing fans and having the tint of World Soccer where u relegate a team.

Its hard for a team to think that if they don't compete well, they might be relegated in the u.s.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a tapuz forum and i wasn't invited :mad:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top