Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this picture in a Jordanian site for a Baq'a and Barca fan, dose the pichichi of Jordan looks like the pichichi of La Liga? :D

Baq'a is a Jordanian team where Mostafa Shehda plays right now. Mostafa is the top goal scorer in Jordan this season with 7 goals in 9 matches.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
from where did you get that pic? he is a good player he played for the Jordanian National Team and he is a proved quality.. the thing is players like him never make it to europe they only manage to get to the gulf area which i think is a big step in their football career. I hope some day barca would get a jordanian guy...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
OT: One of the things I like about these forums is on the title of this thread. Cules in Jordan, that has a nice ring to it, so many cules in so many different countries. Nice ;)

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
barça said:
OT: One of the things I like about these forums is on the title of this thread. Cules in Jordan, that has a nice ring to it, so many cules in so many different countries. Nice ;)
what does OT mean in the first place, and it is true that alot of people that i know support barcelona or even support barcelona as being the team they support in the spanish league or maybe it is their second most favoured team!!

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He scored yesterday but could not help his team to stanch the three points and jump into the second place.

Well, I think he has photos where he looks more like Eto'o. Wish if you could see him runing yesterday, he is fast as Eto :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Can anyone explain to me why we have so many fans in Arab countries? I realized that even in cities like Madrid or here in Alacant, most of the Arab immigrants wear Barça shirts or any kind of clothes related with Barça.

It was especially funny to see it in Madrid's subway, 2 or 3 arab immigrants with Barça shirts or caps among the people. It also happens here in Alacant, it's nice to walk through the quarter where they live and have their stores and to see so many Barça jerseys. :proud:

Of course, it's not all of them, but the majority for sure. If we had had an Arab player, I would have understood it, but I can't find any link between Barcelona and the Arab countries.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Can anyone explain to me why we have so many fans in Arab countries? I realized that even in cities like Madrid or here in Alacant, most of the Arab immigrants wear Barça shirts or any kind of clothes related with Barça.

It was especially funny to see it in Madrid's subway, 2 or 3 arab immigrants with Barça shirts or caps among the people. It also happens here in Alacant, it's nice to walk through the quarter where they live and have their stores and to see so many Barça jerseys. :proud:

Of course, it's not all of them, but the majority for sure. If we had had an Arab player, I would have understood it, but I can't find any link between Barcelona and the Arab countries.
HAHA, i think of it because arabs were oppressed all their lives, and Barcelona was the oppressed team in spain, during Franco's time!!

Actually there are many Real Madrid Fans in the arab world, and fans of the Serie A. In my school most pseudo football supporters are Real Madrid fans, golddiggers! There are only 3 diehard Barcelona fans in my school, and we are all in the forum!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Falastini said:
HAHA, i think of it because arabs were oppressed all their lives, and Barcelona was the oppressed team in spain, during Franco's time!!

Actually there are many Real Madrid Fans in the arab world, and fans of the Serie A. In my school most pseudo football supporters are Real Madrid fans, golddiggers! There are only 3 diehard Barcelona fans in my school, and we are all in the forum!!
I dont have any kind of statistics, maybe I'm just biased and I just pay attention to the immigrants that wear the Barça shirts. Whatever...

Maybe it's just Algeria and Morocco, I'd say that the 90% of the arab immigrants come from these 2 countries. I have no idea.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I dont have any kind of statistics, maybe I'm just biased and I just pay attention to the immigrants that wear the Barça shirts. Whatever...

Maybe it's just Algeria and Morocco, I'd say that the 90% of the arab immigrants come from these 2 countries. I have no idea.

I don't know which out of the 2 teams is more supported by Arabs all over the World, but I do know that quite a few followed Zidane to RM's side.

There ARE a lot of Arab Barça fans worldwide. Middle easterners in general appreciate the attacking style a lot, which leads to a lot of them supporting one of the 2 teams (another reason why so many Arab fans love watching Brazil)...

All I know for sure statistically is that my future kids, which will obviously be half-Arab, along with my young cousins, nephews and nieces, will all be brainwashed by me the Blaugrana way while they grow up, so you can count on a few more Arab/half-Arab Barça fans in the future here in Canada... I like to think of it as my own little Cantera!!! :pp

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
to be honest with you Koeman4, most arabs supports RM, and the most of them, are either Ronaldo, or Zidan fans, and its that real did won things in the past few years, and Barca been in the dark years, leaded to such things, and most people in work or around me whom supporters for RM, they just knew the team, after Figo or Zidan or Ronaldo, and some of them wouldn't know nothing about the history, and they just follow up the scores sometimes.
yet most diehard fans around me are Barca fans, and we just talk about one thing and one thing only and thats Barca, I've been to the city and I'm planing to come again, and maybe live for sometime, to study there.

for arabs you see with Barca shirts, most of them would be supporters of the attacking style, they love Barzil style and that what makes most of arabs go for Barca and RM, it used to Serie A around here, most still love too watch it, yet people are going for La Liga, and honestly, you can't talk with anyone about football, without sayin either Barca or Real Madrid name, and they support it.

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here in Jordan the majority are fans for Barca. They followed Diego and Romario after him. They are also fans of Brazil, Argentina and Germany when it comes to NT's, actually have not seen anybody who is a fan of the Spanish NT. Believe or not, in a uni here in Jordan a bunch of students established Argentina fans centre :D If you just can imagine the Arabic sites for clubs and NT's you will not believe it.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Pooh said:
Here in Jordan the majority are fans for Barca. They followed Diego and Romario after him. They are also fans of Brazil, Argentina and Germany when it comes to NT's, actually have not seen anybody who is a fan of the Spanish NT. Believe or not, in a uni here in Jordan a bunch of students established Argentina fans centre :D If you just can imagine the Arabic sites for clubs and NT's you will not believe it.
You are a Jordani Pooh?:eekani::eekani::eekani:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Well I can't judge except for Jordan, and in Jordan everybody is magically a fan of the last couple of teams that one the Champions League. You will find very few hardcore fans, but nowadays people are becoming fans of La Liga teams, as Aljazeera TV which is available on normal Satellite gets La Liga, so lots of fans of La Liga are developing.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Following Falastini's post, Brazil soccer fans are now following Sevilla and Argentina soccer fans are now following Villarreal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts