Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almeyda on loan to Leeds?

there are some rumours that leeds maybe will loan Matias Almeyda from parma. Have any of you heard that?:rolleyes:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Yeah,like he´s needed anyway. :rolleyes:

He´s of course better than any other defensive midfielder we have,but how many do we have that is actually very good at that position already? We have a lot of players at that position and we definetely do not need another one,no matter who it is.Loaning him makes not much sense since it would mean that either Dacourt or Batty (most likely) would have to give up his place for him.That would mean that an experienced player in the EPL would be lost in this title campaign and lots of great midfielders would have to be benched,and some not even that.

Our depth when it comes to central midfielders is just way too big for needing another one,even though Almeyda might be better than those we have.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe leeds want to buy him after this season:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that England would fit almeyda perfectly...he likes to play hard ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've heard these rumours, and is it right that Almeyda is an attacking midfielder/ playmaker? Like Harry Kewell? May'be he would cover for injuries...sounds OK to me...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah, it might work. Depends how much he costs...

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I think that he could do well here, and he is a good player... but him coming here will probably mean Dacourt leaving:(

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Exactly, and I don't think any of us want to see Dacourt leave. He is too good, DO would never let him go! I'm 100% sure of that!:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
If Almeyda come, it mean we will lose Dacort. Juven have already make the offer at 13M Pounds.

Are you ready to losing him????

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
He wont come and Leeds Dont need him,Leeds have enough quality Midfielders to use and wasting money for him isnt they way to go for Leeds Management:).

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah, Daniel is right. We already have enough mid's, there would be no point to buying another. That would be like buying another striker! Just a waste of money.:)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well, with the injuries we've got at the moment...:D

And I think that DACOURT, VIDUKA and KEWELL will leave at the end of the season for definite if we don't qualify for the UEFA Champions League...which is looking doubtful. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Almeyda would be welcomed at any club in the world. He is an awesome player and would be better than Batty and Dacourt!!

Leeds would be stupid to give up a chance to get him. Even if its for next season.

And it wouldn't take too long for a player of his stature to get used to the EPL. and once he does get used to it, he would kill every game he plays!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i don't think he would go to leeds...he is still very good and no way parma would let him go...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Almeyda would be welcomed at any club in the world. He is an awesome player and would be better than Batty and Dacourt!!
Parma would not let him go, and there is no way that he is better than Dacourt! No way!;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well, that question is, if we don't get into the CL Dacourt will leave...so will Almeyda be his replacement?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Who knows, maybey... Only time will tell... (and resluts :tongue: )

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Matias Jesus Almeyda...he's not as good as Olivier Dacourt but he is a top player...I think if we play well now and win our last 9 games then we can get into the Champions League...if Newcastle United lose to Arsenal at St.James' Park tonight then we will be 7 points behind them with a game in hand...:)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts