Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 5529 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Salut Young07 and everybody else!:)

For those few eunichs that do not know me (how is that even possible??:stress: :lala: :tongue: ), I am French living in Canada but my heart, soul and mind are 10000000% Brasilian!:heart::proud: :shades: :stuckup:

Needless to say, that I'm intensely into Brasilian music, aka as the most varied and beautiful music on this planet!:stuckup::shades:

Which book are you guys/girls currently reading?
I'm currently reading a great book (Why is this country dancing? A one-man Samba to the beat of Brazil, by John Krich). This is an exceptional book which goes in detail about analysing Brasil through its vast musical composition. It's a phenomenal book, very entertaining, funny at times and simply a joy to read. One of those books you can't put down once you've started!. Oh and just to give you an idea of Brasilian music's wealth of diversity, did you know that there exists at least 13 different types of samba? :eekani: :shades: Incredible!:dazed:

As to the weather right now in Toronto, for the past week or so, it's been unusually warm (between 6 to a high of 10C yesterday and today!:eekani: ). This is normally the type of weather for late fall, early spring. Normally, in this time of the year, temperatures are about -20 to -30C. :skull: But I'm not complaining! It's not Rio despite the fact that in Rio the weather changes as fast and as frequently as a cameleon. :stress: :D

As usual and always, day dreaming of Brasil and of the glorious day I'll be back there (where I truly belong!:heart: :shades: ).

Cheers com MUITISSIMAS saudades do Brasil :(

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
My friends here call me "Mr. Brasil". Don't know if I should laugh or cry about it...:lala::stress: :D

But has anyone in here been so intensively in love about a country that is not yours? I'm not talking about just mere interest. It's gotten to the point of an obsession for me!:googly: I think/drink/eat/dream...etc...10000% Brasil and about Brasil non-stop all the time!:googly:

Comme dirait l'autre, "dites, c'est grave ça?" :nervous: :stress: :lala:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
mali said:
do you have enough money for return to brasil soon?
:depress:

Unfortunately not for now. :(
I was planning to go in June for the WC, but not sure if that plan would go through.:nervous: If not, I'll go for sure later this year!:stuckup:
But I want to go there for the World Cup, it mus be something to be there during the games!:shades:
To tell you the truth, I want to be there right now!:lala: My decision is made and it's final and irrevocable: once I graduate from school, I'm off to Brasil for ever!:stuckup::happy:

Your brother went twice? :thmbup: He has great taste!:cool:
Where in Brasil did he go? And when was it?

Tell him to come to Xtratime!:lala: :D

Ciao.;)

·
Registered
56,080 Posts
he went to brasil 5 years ago. first for one week. but when he came back to lyon he had the "bourdon" he returned one week later for one month:D
he was in rio. but he said he just know the 300 meters of beach, the 3 beaches. he is a "fêtard". so he lived the night, meeting girls, never slept alone:D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I see. I can already see where he went and which beaches he was at and which clubs he partied!:lala:

Has any plans of going back any time soon?:D

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
56,080 Posts
the beach he prefered was "ipanéma".

well, he has actually less money than he used to have. he has to wait for return there. but it's in his head:)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Ipanema is nice indeed. However, if he wants even better beaches, he should go out of Rio either south or north up the coast and he'll be blown away. However, the absolute best beaches in Brasil and some of the best in the world, are in the north of Brasil. It's like in PARADISE!:shades:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Il y a "faire la fête" et faire la fête, si tu vois ce que je veux dire...;)

In Brasil, people do not party. Parties are an integral and important part and aspect of every day life!:shades:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
mali said:
that's also the philosophy of my brother:howler:
he is so different than me:angel:
:stress: :lala:

Really? Come on now lili! You're not going to make us believe that you don't like parties? :stress:

But believe me, the type of parties they have in Brasil is totally different than the ones you may be used in France/Europe and North America! It's a totally different thing!:shades::stuckup:

Everybody parties and goes to parties there, regardless of age!:)

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
To Brasil?:happy:
Believe me, you won't be dissapointed at all. :stuckup::star:
However, one little piece of friendly advice, do not take your husband with you as the risks of him not coming back are real and serious! NO jokes!:stuckup: :lala:

:D

Cheers.;)

21 - 40 of 5529 Posts