Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have spoken tones about what went wrong and why we are in this shit right now. In these circumstances one wonders how it was possible to win 5-1 at home against Samp who till that game were on a very good run?!

Were we really that good or only lucky that Samp didn't utilize their chances and maybe had a day-off? Is it possible to replicate a game like that against any kind of opposition till the end of the season?

If yes, who would be your favourite victim?
If yes, when would be the perfect timing for it?
If yes, would you believe your eyes when you see it? hehe

so, can we?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Nope.

Enough false hopes, lets just get 4th place and at least the semis of the Europa league and I'll be a happy man.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no false hopes, mind you. It's all about the (lack of) possibility of a one game where we look really dominant. Out of sheer curiousity - is it possible once more in this season or is this team totally wrecked?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
no false hopes, mind you. It's all about the (lack of) possibility of a one game where we look really dominant. Out of sheer curiousity - is it possible once more in this season or is this team totally wrecked?
We played a starting 11 on that day that - when on form - is very competent with having possession for long periods, can attack with pace and has enough individuals who can shake a marker to create odd-man situations.

What we have seen recently is a very different proposition in that regard than what we had against Samp:

--------Amauri
Giovinco Diego Camoranesi
-----Sissoko--Melo

This is kinda Barca-Light (OK, ultra-light), and just like Barca it is pretty undersized. In that game against Samp it all worked because the intensity and pressure on Samp was constant and everyone did the work required when not in possession. Admittedly Samp also stunk, but much of it was because Juve played a tremendous game. Most the time we have tried something like this afterwards, the work ethic hasn't been there to the same extend, and as a consequence our defensive solidity has been... well... baaad. The first to be booted was of course Giovinco, because he is the only one you certainly cannot count on to win his 'contrasti'. Of course I think that was part of the reason for our downward spiral, but that's my malaise perhaps.

Point is however, that if you want to dominate possession, and play attacking football with that, you need players with certain characteristics to pull it off. Del Piero and Trez are dangerous in the area. DP occasionally still brings it from further out also (like against Genoa), but in the main he is too slow to be effective there any more. Trez is worthless outside the area now as anything but a head to punt at. Our midfielders don't beat their markers unless Camo is there (OK, Diego can, but that man is in a serious funk), and he seemingly gets injured as soon as he enters the pitch.

Is it possible that we have another match like the Samp one? Surely we can have a loop-sided scoreline, but I don't see how we have a performance like that, because right now there's so much pressure for getting points, that our coach (same with Ferrara before, after things had spiralled) will not dare to pick the same kind of side again.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glen, where do you find the motivation and words to write those posts? :eek ;)

In the light of the last game against Fulham, the answer is now most definitely "no" and is self-explanatory.

Just to say that I find it amusing how the coach got scared and didn't use things that proved to work. Of course, injuries played a great deal for it. However, it shows that the team was a very unstable unit lacking basic things as confidence (in eacht other) and grinta and the cards tower collapsed facing the first problems/uncertainties.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I am not sure whether we are able of putting exactly the same type of performance that we had against Sampdoria earlier this season, but we definitely can be dominant and win without leaving them a single chance. Admittedly, the injuries have been a major headache for us this season, but in light of cowardly and childish mistakes both of our coaches have committed, these injuries seem to serve as an excuse rather than a reason.
The Fulham game, along with many others, was quite illustrative. Say what you say about all the problems we have, but we did have the players who had to suffice to leave the opponent not a single chance. And yet we gave them more opportunities than they had ever dreamed of.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Why even bother discussing this. We have 9 rounds left to play. I care about results more then performance at this stage.

Maybe we can play like this next season when we get a new medical team, or new camo.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Why even bother discussing this. We have 9 rounds left to play. I care about results more then performance at this stage.

Maybe we can play like this next season when we get a new medical team, or new camo.

+ good defenders, strikers, and a classy coach.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
There is something wrong with Juve. We don't have bad players......we DO have an unprecedented injury crisis......something is fishy there because it can't just be bad luck.

But despite the injuries....losing 4-1 to Fulham when we had a 3-1 advantage and were 1-0 up after 10 minutes is NOT Juve material...and you wouldn't expect that from a team like Siena! Oh yes, that bottom of the table side that came back from 3-0 down against Juve.

Something isn't right here. I don't know what it is. Its not just the board because presumably the board doesn't coach the team....and its probably not the coach either because he is not such a bad coach. Its like the team has no Soul at all.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Catenaccio

We lost to Fulham because of defense. We cant deny that.

Yes, Chimenti, Grygera, Zebina are THAT bad.

In terms on psycho, i would say, that maybe the players felt this one was in the bag, after we scored the away goal?

Credit to Fulham for fighting on. Sackeroni should have done some tactical changes after HT, when the game was 1-1. But he didnt, and Fulham scored in the first 5 minutes, to make it 2-1. That made them believe even more, besides the fact that they saw how vulnerable Juve defence was.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
our two best matches this season featured this:

Gio - Diego - Camo

And those 2 were the only games where we saw that. Actually the first Napoli game started with that lineup and we were playing really well until Camo got injured in the 1st half and was substituted by Tiago. All hell broke loose after that.

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so, do you think that IF/when we get Gio-Diego-Camo back in action together, we could possibly put in a nice performance? Or, as I asked at the beginning, this team is totally wrecked?

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
i think we could put in a nice performance, but not a 5-1 nice one. at this point of this season, the team is too psychologically disturbed to reach that milestone, but something like a 3-0 maybe a possibility.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Are we still trying to figure out problems? Okay, let me tell you briefly so we don't have to open anymore of these threads :D

1) Our coach is incompetent
2) A lot of our players are incompetent (or passed it, or being misused see 1.)
3) Our management is completely useless in the football side of the game (Blanks can stay for his financial results, once we get a new footie guy and Sicko can go back to handing the players their jackets when they're subbed off)
4) Injuries (can be blamed, but it wouldn't be as big a deal for clubs without the problems of 1-3. There has to be an evaluation of the problem and changes made for next season)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, problems are (or supposed to be) known variables... thing is, if we are in the same "technical" situation like the one when we first faced Samp... if we are gonna play the same way more or less.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
No, if we have better players available we might get stuff done a bit better on a individual level (and possibly a better result). But as a team, shit won't change much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts