Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma take 18-year-old Norwegian on trial

Mohammed Keita, an 18-year-old Norwegian forward, from Norwegian club Stromsgodest, will undergo a trial at Parma in January.

The Serie B side have watched Keita at least four times and are believed to be very interested in signing the youngster.

Jostein Flo, the director of football at Stromsgodest, said that it will take “large sums of money” to sign Keita. The youngster has three-and-a-half years left on his contract.

The player himself, who has made just nine appearances for his club, said “it’s very exciting that they are interested.”

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=822

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He's 6 months younger than me, scored 4 in 12 this season.. not ****ing bad!
But i need to see him play though!
With Angeleri, Guberti, Brienza, Boguski and this kid being linked with us, it shows we're not taking Serie B as a joke, we want out and we want out fast, we want to be a serious team in Serie A this time next year, and we're doing the right things here and it's a very good sign!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Angeleri, Guberti, Brienza, Boguski . If We could just get two of these great players i can see us now in seria A and maybe next year already competing for an euro spot :)

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Worthless players. Sorry but 4 goals in 12 games??? That would be good for a midfielder but for a forward it's not good at all. At LEAST 6 goals is what's supposed to be expected by a forward.

·
Registered
210 Posts
He's just 18 years old and he's not Rooney. 4 goals in 12 games is good enough for a rookie at this time. You could not expect too much on this kid. What I am concerned about is how much he will cost us. Next season, if we could go back to Serie A, I think we'd better put this money on buying some SERIE A players, not investing for future.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, 4 in 12 is better than 70 percent of Serie A forwards goal ratios.. fact

13,358 Posts
yes my friends parma do have some good scouts, i just watched the UEFA Cup final of 1994 with Arsenal. my friends its been a long time since i watch this game, but i thought Parma was incredible, they played an attacking game for 90 minutes while arsenal played some of the worst anti football i see.
also parma should have at least 3 penalties [well in today's standards] and i like the formation, two flying wingers/full backs in di chiara and benarrivo, brolin and zola playing off Asprillia [who should have scored 2 goals in this game] and the back three of minotti, apolloni, sensini were camped on the half way line from the 35th minute. how parma didnt win this game i dont understand

but that was some excellent scouting to build a team like this:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Guys, 4 in 12 is better than 70 percent of Serie A forwards goal ratios.. fact
Only problem is that he's not playing in Serie A. He's playing in Norway.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's only 18 though, so he has plenty of time to adapt to Italian football, i don't know if we'll sign him, but he could be one for the future definitely.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Don't know exactly how talented he is, as I've only watched him in a couple of matches, and he did not get much playing time, but he played more of a winger/forward than a true forward type (in Strømsgodset's 4-3-3). In addition, three of his goals came against lower league team Pors Grenland in the cup.

But he is talented by Norwegian standards. Although he did not start more than a handful of matches in the 2008 Norwegian Premier Division season, he has represented Norway at the U-18 level, so the talent is definitely there. He could be one for the future, but it is hard to say at this point in time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts