Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Beast of a player. Sad to see him go and I suppose I talk for all Barca fans. Not very often that we feel this way about a departing player, so congrats to Citeh.

From the old days of Shaun Goater, Foe, Haaland, Sun Ji Hai and Eyal Berkovic to today. You guys have come a long way!
Goater is one of our record goalscorers. Berkovic was an ace player, and Foe would probably still get into this squad as backup, when he died there was a massive hole in our midfield.

But anyway, our midfield is shaping up to be world class. De Jong will perform the most defencive role but then Yaya will join with him and share his responsibilities when we don't have the ball. I can see us absolutely beasting teams. It'll be interesting to see how Mancini lines us up now. If its anything like last season it'll probably be this:

----------De Jong
------Yaya-----Barry
-----------Silva
--------Tevez--Adebayor

Ideally I'd see Barry dropped with Johnson coming in and going to a flat 4-4-2, but Mancini can make some questionable selections. He'll probably drop de Jong so he can play Vieira :rollani:

Now we just need to add a pair of full-backs.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Goater is one of our record goalscorers. Berkovic was an ace player, and Foe would probably still get into this squad as backup, when he died there was a massive hole in our midfield.

But anyway, our midfield is shaping up to be world class. De Jong will perform the most defencive role but then Yaya will join with him and share his responsibilities when we don't have the ball. I can see us absolutely beasting teams. It'll be interesting to see how Mancini lines us up now. If its anything like last season it'll probably be this:

----------De Jong
------Yaya-----Barry
-----------Silva
--------Tevez--Adebayor

Ideally I'd see Barry dropped with Johnson coming in and going to a flat 4-4-2, but Mancini can make some questionable selections. He'll probably drop de Jong so he can play Vieira :rollani:

Now we just need to add a pair of full-backs.

Of course they were very important players for you guys, but just the shift in quality from players that couldnt stop the yo-yoing between the Championship and the PL to now is insane. Never looked or felt this way even in the heydays of Roman at Stamford Bridge.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
-------De Jong--Yaya-------
A.Johnson---Tevez---Silva
---------Adebayor-----------

Barry to the bench, all you need to do is to make sure Silva does his share of tracking back and get a target men who moves with more purpose then Adebayor and you're all set to take the Europa League by storm :D

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
His wages are just unbelievable, he can buy Ivory Coast at the end of his 5 year deal. He must have one hell of an agent.
You mean the fellow who orchestrated the move and pocketed, oh, about 6M€ on the way from the deal

Fvcking agent prick:D

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Agent are doing their job, it is the club owners who fall for that they are stupid!

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Agent are doing their job, it is the club owners who fall for that they are stupid!
Well they are still cvnts...this particular Seluk cvnt kept crying to the media for the past 2 seasons about Toure´s bad treatment and making threats(which incidentally resulted in Guardiola benching Toure for a period:D).

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Player/Agent power is everywhere now. Football has gone mad.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
You don't wanna know whats going on in the NBA just about now then :D

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Yaya wanted to leave.

IMO he should have played more at Barça, though not at the expense of Busquets. He should have played more instead of Keita.

THRILLED to see him doing well with City and have enjoyed what I've seen from him so far. CM role along with playing that league will see the best of him. Glad for him that he's been unleashed.

·
Banned
3,642 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
:thumbsup:

Beast
Legend

Greatest midfield to ever don the sky blue.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Best overall player at Man City.. what a gun has it all!

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
Very directly said, for EPL Barry is a class above Toure!
Repent ye sinner. Another one falling for the hype of EPL. Barry has never been or will ever be better than Toure.

A beast of midfielder , and one of the most important parts of the treble winning Barcelona team. A shame his agent is a prick. But good for Toure , earning Messi money. Well done big man. Will always have the memories of Toure crushing everyone in his path when going on his runs. GODZILLA.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts