Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yannick already deserved a thread but it's never too late to celebrate the dazzling black pearl of Sporting!

Yannick Djaló
(Yannick dos Santos Djaló)

He was born on May 5th, 1986 in Bissau (Guinea Bissau). At the age of seven he left his native country to arrive in Portuguese soil where his future followed the path of football in a decisive way. First he started playing futsal at the club Forte da Casa and soon after he joined Associacão Desportiva da Estacão (ADE), one of the "factories of talents" with more prestige in Portugal, that gave the chance to Djaló to be the target of the top clubs of the Portuguese football. He was offered to Benfica through one of the responsible persons at ADE, who supported that club, but the proposal was rejected and he ended up signing later with Sporting Clube de Portugal, that as all of us know is one of the clubs that takes better care of its "cantera" in that country.

Sporting paid 2.500 € to have him and little by little he started progressing. Between 2001 and 2004 he was shining in the youth squads of Sporting, from U-17 to U-19 and from there to the B-team. In 2004/05 he was U-19 champion in the team then lead by Paulo Bento and soon he was loaned to Casa Pia, a team where for which he managed to score 16 goals in 26 matches.

His progression has been very positive, even getting to the point of being called to the U-21 NT, with which he scored a decisive goal in the qualifiers that gave the passage to Portugal for the final stage of the Euro that will take place in Holland in 2007.

Aurélio Pereira, co-ordinator of the youth levels have said about him that, he is the fastest footballer that he has ever seen. Laszlo Bölöni launched the careers of Quaresma, Hugo Viana, Custódio, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lourenço, and the next one on the list was Djaló.

Djaló is another one of the young promises of Sporting Lisbon, and although he still needs to polish a few technical aspects of his game, there is no doubt that physically he is powerful, a real bullet. A forward or right footed inside midfielder (1,70m and 60kg), explosive and electric this kid can still give very much of himself so it is better not to lose track of him.

Undoubtedly the arrival of Paulo Bento to the first team of Sporting, was beneficial for him as well as for the rest of his young colleagues, as the above mentioned coach is demonstrating in practice that he trusts on his "cantera". Not in vain the fans of the Lisbon club can witness the positive evaluations on the first squad of kids like Djaló, Nani, João Moutinho, Custódio or Miguel Veloso. This group of young men that has been fighting for the Portuguese League is already know with the nickname of "The Feeding Bottle Farm".

His great displays with the main team have provoked that several teams are following him closely, as it is the case with Barcelona and Manchester United.

Translated from Futbol factory

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yannick Djaló renovated on 22 December 2006 his contract with Sporting. He will stay linked with the club until 2013.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Djaló now dreams with titles with the Lion on his chest
Translated from O Jogo

Yannick Djaló talked, yesterday, on an interview to the newspaper "Sporting", about the recent signing of a new contract with the club. "It will be six years of a great deal of dedication and I hope also of many glories. My wish is that those can be years where I will conquer many titles", said the young forward, before leaving a promise: "I will do everything to be a good professional."

The number 20 was satisfied with the conclusion of the negotiations and has the notion of his added responsibility. "I think that this renovation is a proof of the recognition of my work. To serve Sporting is something that I am proud of, but it is also a great responsibility. Therefore, I can not fail on the expectations that people have on me. I have to give as much as I can for the club", assured the athlete who, now, will enjoy better financial conditions: "In this way I'll be able to manage better my new house and I managed to fulfill my dream of bringing back my mother and siblings, who were living in Ireland, close to me."

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Quieroz hints Yannick Djalo next on Man Utd shopping list
tribalfooball.com - September 20, 2007

Manchester United assistant boss Carlos Queiroz has hinted Yannick Djalo could be the next top Sporting Lisbon prospect to move to Old Trafford.

After last night's victory in Lisbon, Queiroz was pumped for information by Portuguese reporters over who next could be swapping Sporting for United.

"Today wasn't a game to analyse potential reinforcements," insisted Queiroz. "But Sporting played very well. All the players are dangerous with the ball at their feet and practice positive football.

"Yannick was energetic, dominated his immediate opponent and deserves our attention and congratulations for the way he played."
---------------

I personally wasn't that impressed...

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vidic15 said:
Quieroz hints Yannick Djalo next on Man Utd shopping list
tribalfooball.com - September 20, 2007

Manchester United assistant boss Carlos Queiroz has hinted Yannick Djalo could be the next top Sporting Lisbon prospect to move to Old Trafford.

After last night's victory in Lisbon, Queiroz was pumped for information by Portuguese reporters over who next could be swapping Sporting for United.

"Today wasn't a game to analyse potential reinforcements," insisted Queiroz. "But Sporting played very well. All the players are dangerous with the ball at their feet and practice positive football.

"Yannick was energetic, dominated his immediate opponent and deserves our attention and congratulations for the way he played."
---------------

I personally wasn't that impressed...

As I've said it before in the match thread I think Djaló was by far our worst player. I think Queiroz was just cleverly taking away the attention from people like Moutinho and Veloso who are obviously the main targets of United's interest in our squad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
filipe.. why did you deleted the rest of the posts? ...

Can´t I have a diferent opinion of yours? Or do I have to say that Djaló is a great player, when he is not?

Djaló is just a average player, and almost everyone in Sporting dislike him as player.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rest44 said:
filipe.. why did you deleted the rest of the posts? ...

Can´t I have a diferent opinion of yours? Or do I have to say that Djaló is a great player, when he is not?

Djaló is just a average player, and almost everyone in Sporting dislike him as player.
As I've explained you on my PM, I didn't delete anything (why should I?) but simply transferred our conversation to the thread about Sporting in the 2007-08 league. Calm down... :smileani:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Always calm! ahahahah

but Djaló sucks big time :x

:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts