Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beasley to Wolfsburg/Espanyol/Osasuna
Boswell to ??
Buddle to Rosenborg
Cannon to Norway
Convey to Scandinavia
Cooper to England/Germany
Donovan on loan to Munich
Hahnemann to Tottenham
Hill to Norway (BodoGlimt)
Kljestan to Twente
Marshall to Germany/Aalborg
Onyewu to Marseille/Monchengladbach
Parkhurst to Nordsjælland
Pearce to ???
Davies to ajax
Wynne to Grongen/Torino/Belgium/France/Germany

*Added Aalborg to Marshall
*Confirmed continued Twente interest in Kljestan
*Specified Dutch interest in Wynne, and added Torin

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Beasley and Edu both need to get out of Scotland. Convey will probably come back to America. I really hope Cooper goes to Germany and not England.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on that sports sawker channel

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
We've got Yanks anchoring down the center of defense at Norswhatever now. Califf and Parkhurst.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
The U.S. star, who runs out contract at season's end, reportedly rejected a last ditch extension offer from the Belgian champs this past weekend.

"There are a couple of tabled offers, but he has a lot of interest from all over Europe right now" Onyewu agent Lyle Yorks revealed to Soccer365 on Tuesday afternoon. "He has one from France and one from Germany, and then there are also (interested) teams from Spain and Italy."

http://www.noshortcorners.com/2008/1...-as-first.html

Quote:
Plot #2 - My Gooch article is now also up at S365. Basically, it seems like the summer, only with a more heated and faster starting auction. Boy, we've all said this before... but it really seems like he may soon finally be gone from Standard forever.

For my money, the French offer came one of Lyon/Marseille/PSG and the German bid came from 'Gladbach. The Italian and Spanish suitors are anybody's guess, with several plausible possibilities in each league

·
Registered
666 Posts
Kljestan will definitely leaving the MLS before the season starts. He's quite talented, so here's hoping he goes to Holland. I'm hoping Marshall lands a Bundesliga club.

Parkhurst's move was pretty decent one. If he does well in enough in Denmark, he'll move to a bigger league.

Edu should have never signed for Rangers. IMO, he should have signed for a Dutch club. He's got the type of skill to do well in Holland.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Kjestan has been linked for awhile with Twente and I don't that that'd be a bad move. Marshall is on trial right now with Mainz.

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
Kljestan is starting to get some interest from Germany, the names being mentioned are Schalke, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen

Jeff Parke is supposedly going to attempt to play in Europe next season, most likely some league in Scandanavia. I think he has some potential, solid defender who was one of Red Bull's best players in the past few seasons. He is currently suspended by the MLS long term and he is now at Seattle so I feel he will do everything he can to play in Europe

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To meet Eric Gerets who wishes the presence of potential recruits as soon resumed training on 29 December, Olympique de Marseille active networks to strengthen as soon as possible. "If they are not there to begin with, one wonders if this is something to take them," said Belgian technician, Monday, at a press conference, stating that he wanted players with "some experience" . For the latest news, Phocéens would also forcing the defender to recover the central Oguchi Onyewu (26 years), currently at Standard Liege.

An agreement has already been reached with the former Messin on the outline of a three and a half years, and negotiations are underway with the Belgian leaders for a transfer of more than three million. Fulham, the Borussia Mönchengladbach and Paris Saint-Germain were also on the coup, but "Gooch" favors a transfer to the Canebière. His representative was still a few days ago to advance the negotiations while Marseille, meanwhile, attended the victory at FC Liege face Bruges (3-1), last weekend. Luisão, Vassilios Torosidis Servet Cetin and would explore other avenues, but now other alternatives.

In addition, the club Marseille have a flashback for Caen striker Steve Savidan (30 years). Vagner Love, Liedson, Aruna Dindane and Milan Jovanovic also have the required profile, but these records would prove all more complicated than expected. Under contract until June 2010 with the Standard, including the Serbian appear in small papers by Eric Gerets, the coach Olympian, but Rouche would be more greedy for release. The Belgian would always do double blow with Oguchi Onyewu, but nothing is decidedly simple this time of year.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I don't want to be a pessamist about all this unexpected "potential movement", but, IMHO, it's all trash.

All the fellas moving or potentially moving to Norway, Sweden, Denmark is schite. These are potential short sighted money moves to yield very little in the end, IMHO.

Next year will be monumental year for US(A). If by the end of 2009 WE are unable to select OUR best 23, WE will have no success in 2010. If at the end of the year WE are still groping in the dark for a consistant striker, a stable midfield and steady and firm defensive core, 2010 will be another disapointment.

It's time for the players to step up their game, I can't see how Norway, Denmark or Sweden will change that ... PUT UP OR SHUT UP TIME fellas, again !!!!!

·
Registered
69,372 Posts
well, honestly leagues like Denmark, Norway are good for the young players, it's just they have to step up in those leagues. If you do well in these leagues, surely you will be able to gain some attention from clubs in bigger leagues. What I don't understand is some young guys going to second division clubs in these countries, but they are desperate to play in Europe

Heath Pearce, Brad Friedel are some players who early in their career played in Scandanavia. I don't mind it too much really, but it's only got to be a 2-3 season stay and they have to find clubs in stronger leagues, but again, the players need to step up as well

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
23 year old Chivas USA attacking midfielder Sacha Kljestan could be set to sign for Celtic - beating interest from a host of European clubs, including FC Twente of Holland, in the highly-rated youngster.

A fee has yet to be agreed for the 11-times-capped youngster, who is a regular choice in central midfield for the US International team.

Source, I hear you ask? A certain forummers uncle plays football with Sacha's uncle.

Strachan has made no secret of his desire to sign another midfielder, and could the rumours of Szabolcs Huszti be just a smokescreen?

Voice your opinions at celticforum.net NOW!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
IMHO, another trash move ...Scotland ???

He will be playing 10 meaningful game per year, MAX !!!
What a way to step up the competition.

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
IMHO, another trash move ...Scotland ???

He will be playing 10 meaningful game per year, MAX !!!
What a way to step up the competition.
I agree. Scotland would not be good for Sacha. Just ask DeMarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu how they're doing at Rangers.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts