Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll won't play two strikers

I'll play two strikers only when we are losing but i'll still play only Inzaghi because i like him.

Only when we are losing and we need a win willi play my best players because the media would then crucify me.

When i really need to do well i will play my good players because i can't afford to lose.

If i really believed the 4-4-1-1 formation was good and not just my system to bring ME glory i would have played it from the beginning of my tenure in charge of Italy and also played it when we HAD!!!! to win vs Mexico.

But i didn't I reverted to the tried and trusted formation and still in my idiacy had to bring on my bestplayers simply because if i didn't and we lost the media would have had a field day. I know they are the best playerson my team or i would not have brought them on to win the game when i needed them.

Just like Lippi at INTER with Baggio and Capello with Monetlla at ROma. When i need to win i bring on my bestplayers and shamefully use them only to p[ut themback on teh bench when we are winning.

"More or less....I suck....Kill me please letme die quickly with my neck slit bleeding to death in the gutter like the spinless swine i am" said Trapatoni

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Tazz u hit the nail on the head

montella came on and what did he do score and offsiede goal, combine with ADP for the best moment of the match from the itlaians

personally i think malkdini needed to be benched that game....he is playing as bad a maatheus in E2K...and i hate to say it but GATUSSO was needed....zanetti and tomassi won **** all in the middle

we needed heart on that field

ADP has saved us FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER

and it goes a way of repaying for his E2K dissplay in the final

trap though is a senile old man who cant change and face the facts

Montella needs to paly as does ADP, inzaghi is good but not at that level, he can come off the bench, but not start.......

all i wanna know is where is ambro when we needed him.....TRAP U ARE A TOTAL MORON!

RETIRE!!!!!!!

Anmd take DI Crappio and Madlini's "uh oh spaghettios" playing with u

Lav

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Naaaaah, Trap is just messing with Tazz's mind...he knows Tazz, he knows how he thinks and his likes and dislikes, so he just says "I'll p iss him off..."

What Tazz really needs is a good sprinkling of that Holy water...

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
Why is Trapp a coward? Because he refuses to play more than 1 creative player on the pitch at once! :fero:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Trap is a clown, and we are VERY fortunate to still be in the tournament

KEEP PIPPO OUT !!!!! Trap should start DP, and Vieri up front with Totti right behind them as the attacking midfielder. Montella should sub in, and if we get a 5-0 lead, flip a coin between Pippo and DelveccCHUMP as to who will go in !!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, I thought Trap was going to show us all how he was the master. Now it seems as if Italy will have to win in spite of Trap not because of him.

Nearly everything that people criticised him for has come true.

1. His team selections

the critics warned that he was taking overly defensive midfielders and we have been consistently outclassed in the midfield.

2. His formations and tactics

the critics said that Trap would lose his nerve and go with a defensive approach instead of the attack he promised. Now we are hearing that he will back off against S. Korea as well. During qualifications he had no problem playing DP and Totti together. Now the cup arrives and he is suddenly saying they can't play together? Huh?

3. His favortism

the critics warned that Trap would favor Inzaghi over the more talented Montella and DP. It has come true.

DiLivio instead of Ambrosini/Fiore has been a killer.

Panucci - Trap seems to think he is the team's most valuable player since he insists on playing him even out of position.

Trap still has a chance to redeem himself, but he better wake up soon. Stop praying and start coaching.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
You guys are a bit harsh. I am glad we have Trap and not Sacchi or Zoff.

I actually think Trap has his reasons but won't explain them.

Totti-DP-Vieri is a mouth watering trio with Montella and Doni on the bench. Agreed but....

Trap changes formation according to the tactics of the other teams. I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea.

I mean, while so many teams at the world cup have surprised, I doubt that they have the flexibility that Italy has. We have been very unlucky with referees. I actually don't think we are playing THAT bad. Its not pretty to watch but we never have been. We have low possession but we have so many shots on goal relative to shots conceded. Croatia and Mexico's goals were freaks. That is football.

If Trap plays 4-4-2 with Coco and Zambro on the wings, our counter attack against the aggressive Koreans will be very hard for them to deal with.

If those goals were not disallowed you would all be praising "Il Trap!".

Remember, Trapattoni will set the Trap!

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
The great irony of Italian-style catennacio is that it is anti-effective. Compare Bruce Arena's gameplan to Trapp's vs the Mexicans. Arena attacked to hold off Mexico, confused them with his counterattacks and took the game to them. Mexico didn't know what to do and collpsed. Compare that to our plan, which ultimately played it wayyy too cautious and defensive. The great irony, I repeat, is that offensive attacks provide a better defense than cautious catennacio because the best defense is a great offense. If Del Piero plays with Vieri and tOTTI is the correct thing to do because Korea will be forced to worry about defensive duties just as much as attacking. It makes so much sense to drop the conservative, BS appraoch. Forza Azzuri.
p.s. Arena is from Brooklyn. :cool:

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
In a way I agree Primo.

Italy always has played Catenaccio. In the past it worked against teams like Mexico. But the standard of defence around the world has improved so much now that hitting them on the break may not be so effective.

I think the key to a starting 11 is flexibility. That is, players in defence who can play in midfield, midfielders who can play in offence or defence and one striker who can play in midfield.

That is why I like the idea of Totti and Del Piero being in the same team and why I like players like Panucci, Coco and Zambrotta due to their versatility.

If Totti, DP and Vieri play along with those players...any formation is possible with those players.

I would have liked it if Fore was in the squad instead of Gattusso though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i agree trap is a coward, he's afraid to attack ,italians are cowards ,they can only defend and defend while they have some of the best strikers of the world

why play cattanaccio if you have totti del piero montella vieiri di vaio inzaghi ......

·
Registered
13,200 Posts
If today's match don't prove my point, I don't know what will. I can't even get upset because they are so pathetic. It's not worth my emotions. I need a new hobby.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
This is bulls hit...I'm too tired of this sophistry, so I'll just cu and paste a previous post ...we have three games in a row, where Italy on the pitch wins by a preponderance of goals. Enough of those goals are disallowed to produce a result that is the opposite of what has taken place on the field of play. I.e. Italy wins all its games, but the refs overrule these victories.

And people still blame Trap, as if he were responsible for the refs and linesmen's f uck ups...

Get a life, you cheap second guessing a-holes...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Originally posted by fangul

And people still blame Trap, as if he were responsible for the refs and linesmen's f uck ups...

Look fangul, forget about the first round, Italy got through and thats what mattered.
Now, lets look at S.Korea match. You said that ref conspired to disallow Tomassis goal, and gave Totti a red card. But do u realize when these incidents took place. Yes my friend, it took after S.Korea equalized. Now my question is, why did Italy let S.Korea equalize. Until S.Korea equalized, the ref made no obvious match threatening mistake. It was Trap who made the mistake of playing to defensively, and as a result Korea equalized.
So of course we will blame Trap
Either you are DiLivio in disguise or you get a hard on when you see Trap

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
I never said the refs "conspired" about anything - there is no evidence to that effect (suspicions at most) but plenty of recorded visual proof of their incompetence...Panucci f ucked up just like Cannavaro at Euro 2000, that s hit happens, and again I do not blame Trap, nor should you. But the game went on...the two sudden death periods count in your mind as part of the whole game, don't they?

Again, why is Trapattoni to blame if that Argentine d ickhead raises his flag on Tommasi who is totally and unequivocally onside?

Every game Italy has done what it takes to outscore the opponent, hence win...I.e. Trap put together a winning bunch, and it sticks in your craw that a team that doesn't play "attractive attacking football" can actually win

PS: You all betray your ignorance with these catenaccio claims

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
IMO, Italy looked like they were attempting to score through out most of the game. The problem was a miserable midfield that could not support that build up. I do question the players used as central midfielders, but I think Vieri had a number of chances to score. He just didn't.

This was not the old italian team that farted around with the ball and did nothing with it to milk a 1-0 lead or a 0-0 result. The problem was a midfield that could not win balls or control the flow of the game. Korea got a lot of fast break opportunities and it eventually got the best of Italy.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No matter what u people say about Zoff.

Dino Zoff's Euro 2000 team would have won every game coming out of that group. and have defeated Kore by 3 or 4 clear goals.

We all who are honest must admit it. Take DiNo Zoff's 2000 team and add C.Vieri to it and Totti in midfield with anyone even InSH!TTY partnering Vieri up front and u'll admit that kinda cohesion was missing.

Trap took Italy from being the concentrated team of Euro 2000 where no one could getthe better of Italy to being the EXACT SAME DISORGANIZED GOAL LEAKING TEAM OF Cesare Maldini of 1998.

No matter what u say people Italy that the that played the Euro 2000 final even with a totally disfunctional midfiled of DIBiagio and Albertini (basically the smae player) playing together in the middle was ten ttimes better than this nonsense

I have not seen Italy play this pathetic since C.Maldini days or Zoff's qualifying matches

Anyone who says the cannot see the regression is lying to themselves. Zoff would have hit Mexico for six and won the group and beat the Americans too

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Once again, the chances which Italy created CAME AFTER S.Korea equalized. What where they doing till then. Before the equalizer they had 1-2 half chances. Only Tommasi had a good chance to double the lead. Vieri, Gattuso missed in extra time. Tommasi offside in extra time. The problem i say again is our mentality, we should have gone forward to kill the game off.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Dae said:
...The problem was a miserable midfield...
'

And that's the truth...Italy has no world class midfielders in this current generation...It's a demographic problem, not a tactical one

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
When we choose to ignore players like Fiore, Ambrosini, Liverani and 1-2 Chievo players that were tried and pick DiLivio, than it does become tactical. It is true, that Italy didnt have the players like Albertini, Pessoto but than adding more and more midfielders during the game doesnt help too much.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
fangul said:
'

And that's the truth...Italy has no world class midfielders in this current generation...It's a demographic problem, not a tactical one

I would argue with that and say that teh inclusion of Ambrosini would have made a world of a difference. Even a three-quarters effective Albertini would have been better than Zanetti. Italy fielded bruisers in the midfield, but nobody with a sense of organization. I think Doni would have been better used in the middle, but he only got two games at the left side.

I have never rated Fiore too highly only because he has stunk in most games I've seen. However, I know he is better than what I have seen. Or so they tell me.

Liverani would have been a good choice, although risky due to little NT experience and Trap doesn't experiment much.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts