Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
International
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we should make a poll so that people could vote the Romanian Player of the Year here. So, first the nominalisations [please tell me if I forgot someone]. As soon as we settle the nominalisations will make the poll which will end on the 30th of December. ;)

Here are my nominalisations:
Marius Niculae [Dinamo Bucuresti & Sporting Lisbon]
Cosmin Contra [Deportivo Alaves & AC Milan]
Gheorghe Popescu [Galatasaray SK & Lecce]
Adrian Ilie [Valencia CF]
Adrian Mutu [Hellas Verona]
Mirel Radoi [Steaua Bucuresti]
Bogdan Lobont [Ajax Amsterdam & Dinamo Bucuresti]
Tiberiu Ghioane [Rapid Bucuresti & Dinamo Kiev]
Florin Cernat [Dinamo Kiev]
Gabi Popescu [National FC] -- by far the best domestic player
Cristian Chivu [Ajax Amsterdam]
Iulian Tames [Dinamo Bucuresti]
Dorinel Munteanu [Wfl Wolfsburg]
Ionel Ganea [Vfb Stuttgart]
Viorel Moldovan [Nantes Atlantique]
Daniel Pancu [Rapid Bucuresti]
Emilian Dolha [Rapid Bucuresti]

Please, in case I have forgotten someone [say thanks I've nominated Mutu :tongue:], then please nominate him.

HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
69,500 Posts
THE BEST ROMANIAN PLAYER THIS YEAR HAS BEEN
COSMIN CONTRA WITHOUT DISCUSSION.

ADI MUTU HASN´T BEEN THE BEST BECAUSE LAST SEASON WASN´T WELL FOR HIM.

MARIUS NICULAE IS ANOTHER FAVOURITE FOR ME BECAUSE HE WAS THE TOP SCORER IN ROMANIA AND HE IS DOING VERY WELL IN SPORTING LISBON.

CRISTI CHIVU HAS DONE A GOOD WORK IN AJAX BUT HIS TEAM HASN´T HAD A SUCCESFULL YEAR.

THIS IS MY OPINION:D :)

:( ;) :mad: HAI ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I've only seen Contra and Niculae, so i can only speak of this two.
They have made a very good impression in Milan or Sporting:)
Niculae has great talent and I hope he stays in lisbon for a couple more seasons.

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Teresa said:
I've only seen Contra and Niculae, so i can only speak of this two.
They have made a very good impression in Milan or Sporting:)
Niculae has great talent and I hope he stays in lisbon for a couple more seasons.

Niculae will surely be sold this spring. Many clubs want him already this January but he has given his word he'll stay and help Sporting until the end of the season and he is the type of personthat keeps his promises.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
All players you mentioned David, have made considerable progress over the years, but I feel that this poll should only be between CONTRA and NICULAIE. I've thought about it and it is hard to say....

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Nicu, Contra, Chivu, Moldovan.

I'd say Moldovan had a succesful year for both the NT and his club. Nates of course won the French 1st division, and he was a big part of it for half the season.

But without a doubt the Romanian player of the year should be Contra.

Afterall he is the most expensive Romanian player in history

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cosmin Contra.
The way he played for Alaves and the NT.
No doubt.

The come back of the year should go to Sabau.
He deserves more than just one WC and one EURO(
which he didi not play )

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think all the big names should be in for the vote. We shouldn't assume that everyone would either vote for Contra or Niculae. I myself havn't made up my mind yet and Chivu is most definetely still in the picture.

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
I Think Contra was the best this year, he was a key part of Alaves playing in the UEFA cup final, and was transfered to Milan. Not because he is expensive, but because he is one of the best in the world. Niculae is also a candidate, for his spectacular growth, but he isn´t as his peak yet. Chivu keeps his great level but he isn´t in a big league like Contra. Moldovan and Rosu( 8 goals in his first season in Spain in a relegated team) deserve a mention but they had trouble in the second part of the year.

It would be interesting to choose the best appearence or young player separately, in wich case my vote would go to Ghioane.

P.S: It´s remarcable how every year there are different candidates, it shows that a lot of players have the quality, but they fail to stay at their best level

·
Registered
407 Posts
Chivu unfortunately didn't progress really well the last 2 seasons like he did in his first season, but well what can u expect with Adriaanse as your coach...I am sure Koeman will get Chivu playing to his full potential.

·
Registered
590 Posts
In Prosport's similar pool there's also a certain player called Hagi as nominee :). Don't forget that he played the CL quarterfinals in 2001! Anyway, I also think Contra is the Romanian player of the year and Nicu has yet to grow a little.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I think I'd give the nod to Contra as well, he's made the most gains out of all our players although now it seems that he might be having a tough time with that Ancelotti coaching his team.

·
Registered
494 Posts
David said:
I should also add Patrascu from Litex and Stoca from Anderlecht, of course. ;)

What does other think? Should we make a poll with Niculae and Contra only? Or with Nicu, Contra and Chivu?
Alin isn't a big succes this season (I refer also to his National U21-team problems), but last season he was pretty successful, also during Anderlecht's wonderfull Champions League campaign !!

HAI ÎMPARAT ALIN !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts