Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xtratime's Most Charming context: Round 2

Phoenix, ma grande,
When will round 2 of this fascinating context begin? And how will you determine groups? Are they determined randomly or by using the same way that UEFA uses for the Champions League, that is by using a sort of coefficient based on the results obtained before? (in our case, in the 1st round). So please enlighten us. :)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Since no one else has replied yet I've taken the liberty to sum up the results of Round 1 here. :)
I heard that Phoenix was going to be away for the early part of the 2nd round and that she would delegate the task to Prince-O (after giving the instructions). I hope she has done that.
But to make his job easier, here are those who have qualified from Round 1:

FEMALE

Gp A
Shevagirl (29)
monte(29)
ALBERTINI4ever(28)
luba(26)

Gp B
Phoenix(42)
RIO(34)
Arianna(28)
Esperar(23)

Gp C
Alive & Kicking(40)
Bonita(19)
senorita(18)
menul(13)

MALE

Gp A
barca(23)
Vampire Lestat(20)
Pila(20)
Fred Elliot(18)
Lav(18)

Gp B
Glen(26)
numerodix(24)
AMOROSO!(22)
Hakan(20)
mutu1875(17)

Gp C
Orange(32)
bono(23)
Jose luis pirri(19)
dyertribe(18)
Teddy Bear(18)

Gp D
gOD(28)
Tim(24)
Laudrup(22)
Russell(17)
CUG(16)

Gp E
Balis-of-Steel(24)
Steph!(22)
Dae(21)
ToniSamp(20)
----> tied: Prince-O; Ze da Fiel (18) ---> how to decide??

Gp F
Garrincha(33)
JKris(24)
Bastin(21)
Kafka(16)
Kampschwein(14)

Gp G
Wally(21)
Boyo(19)
Alexx(17)
GaGa(15)
JCamillo(15)

Gp H
San Siro(23)
Biancoceleste(20)
Michel(20)
Loco(18)
aca(17)

Sorry for any special letter that I didnt type correctly coz my keyboard is a normal one and I am too lazy now to check what the alt+ combinations are for those letters :tongue:

Let's start round 2 :)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Nedved! said:

Gp E
Balis-of-Steel(24)
Steph!(22)
Dae(21)
ToniSamp(20)
----> tied: Prince-O; Ze da Fiel (18) ---> how to decide??
In case of a tie I think both participants should go through in the same position. So in this case Prince-O and Ze da Fiel should go through in 5th place.

I believe this should also apply to Female group A and Male groups A, C, G and H. In all those groups there are two participants who got an equal number of votes and are thus tied for the same position.

So imo that would mean that in Female group A Humbird should also go through, in male group A Raanan, in male group C Tinto, in male group G Luigi Vampa and in male group H Nero.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Unfortunately, from what I understant it's the number of contestants through to the next round from each round that is fixed. Having extra number from a group due to a tie will be messy because the FMs already drafted the draw or something.

Why can't we have things like away-goal rule or the like here? :(

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well, Im out, thats all i know :) :eek: :sob: :finger:

:)

·
38,110 Posts
Nedved! said:
Unfortunately, from what I understant it's the number of contestants through to the next round from each round that is fixed. Having extra number from a group due to a tie will be messy because the FMs already drafted the draw or something.

Why can't we have things like away-goal rule or the like here? :(
Ah ok. Yes I can see why that would cause problems in the male groups. But in the female group A there was one less participant when kat pulled out of the poll, so in that case there could be an extra one going through. Especially considering two ended on the same level of votes.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Sorry, all! I guess Prince was away this weekend as well!

I can make a run-off poll for the groups with draws before creating the second round. Does that sound good?
For the females group, I had originally planned on having another three-group round, but this time with only four contestants each. The males would be divvied up into four groups of ten each (more guys, more rounds).

Thanks for gathering that info for me, Neddie! :cool:

Congratulations to everyone who advanced! :strong:

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
But wait, that doesn't answer my question about the tie, hey! :)

Boyo! Argh! It's not relevant that a contestant withdrew coz it's the NUMBER OF PEOPLE GOING THROUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND that is fixed from a group ;)

That is
For every group there are 4 females through, regardless of whether that group has 6 people, 7, 8...

BTW that female Gp A proved to be the toughest I suppose...neither Ane nor Humbird made it :( despite them garnering 19 and 25 votes respectively :frownani:

·
38,110 Posts
Nedved! said:

Boyo! Argh! It's not relevant that a contestant withdrew coz it's the NUMBER OF PEOPLE GOING THROUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND that is fixed from a group ;)

That is
For every group there are 4 females through, regardless of whether that group has 6 people, 7, 8...

I know the number is fixed, but I gather it was fixed in relation to the number of participants. So if there is one less name in the poll, automatically the percentage goes up and so an extra one could go through. After all 9 (orginal number) - 1 (kat) and devided by the number of contestants originally set to through in the poll (4), again minus 1 to relate it to the current situation with kat pulling out and two others tied at the same place = 1 (9-1=8 8/4=2 2-1=1) so would be mathematically correct to have Humbird go through as well. :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Now I know why I'd never be an accountant :dazed:

Anyways, what I gather is, the fixed slot is a la WC. That is, once it's determined that X people will qualify from a group, despite even when you have 6 people tied at #1 position you'll somehow need to have a way to decide which 4 of these 6 will go through. You can't let all 6 go through. If you do that, there'll be 2 extra (or more) qualifiers for the next round and how will they fit?

Actually I was quite confident that Humbird would go through :( That group was really Group of Death...

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Boyo said:
I know the number is fixed, but I gather it was fixed in relation to the number of participants. So if there is one less name in the poll, automatically the percentage goes up and so an extra one could go through. After all 9 (orginal number) - 1 (kat) and devided by the number of contestants originally set to through in the poll (4), again minus 1 to relate it to the current situation with kat pulling out and two others tied at the same place = 1 (9-1=8 8/4=2 2-1=1) so would be mathematically correct to have Humbird go through as well. :)
And I always thought I was good at math...thank you Boyo :rollani:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Boyo said:
I get where you're coming from, Boyo, but it is, as Sita has said, a fixed number. As there were definitely 4 qualifiers and no one tied for fourth, the 12 semi-finalists for the female group have been decided by the voters.

As for Group E, I'll set up a poll to decide between Prince and Ze, and then when that's been decided (how does Friday sound--it'll give people time to decide), I'll set up round two across the board.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts