Figo                             Nedved

Zidane

Henry
         Van Nistelrooy

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So there we have it, the team that we've all voted on.

Serie A - 6 players
EPL - 3 players
La Liga - 2 players

Italy - 4 players
France - 4 players
Czech Republic - 1 player
Portugal - 1 player
Holland - 1 player

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Juventus - 4 Players :proud::star:

Seems a pretty alright team, but Figo shouldn't be there, really. Like the guy above me says, King Ludo deserves it more.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Fred
the team was voted by teh XT audience. Its noone's fault there is no on ejohny block there. Becham was extremely close to get it ahead of Figo, but apart form that, can you tell me who and where?

May be Cambell for Nesta; or Owen for Henry???

Team looks great, IMO! I know ppl might have personal preferances fror one or two, but this team is a killer. Superb Defense, plus one dominant Viera! Figo-Zidane-Nedved shoudl be enough to guarantee the best midfield in ages - creativity, power, vision, bacll-control, passing, long shots, has it all. Henry-RVN could hardly be contested in Europe. One Sheva comes to mind, but of course Ukraine is not there.

Wil be interesting to see a all S.American 11 and compare ...

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
One other strong side of thsi team is teh link between the players.

Buffon-Nesta-Canna-Zambro know how to play at teh back with each other from teh Italian NT! Thuram and Zambrota too, besides Thuram plays in Italy for ages.

In fact I am sure, Thuram-Nesta-Canna can play 3 man D when needed.

Viera-Zidane-Herny come directly from teh reigning Euro Champs.

Figo-Zidane know each other quite well already in Real.

Same for the left side - Zambrotta and Nedved cover for each other for more than an year in Juve.

Its a killer, I am telling you!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Good team indeed. However, just like a few have pointed, I'd also put Ludo Giuly instead of Figo or even Pires instead of Figo. Other than that, nothing to add. Maybe I'd put Maldini instead of Canna but San Paolo is not (probably) going to the Euro and that's the only time and reason someone would pick Canna over San Paolo.

And VERY good point Bono about the players knowing each other as this guarantees better productivity on the field from these super-stars. However, we all know whom is the MEGA star of the team, don't we?:stuckup: ;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
San Siro said:
Good team indeed. However, just like a few have pointed, I'd also put Ludo Giuly instead of Figo or even Pires instead of Figo. Other than that, nothing to add. Maybe I'd put Maldini instead of Canna but San Paolo is not (probably) going to the Euro and that's the only time and reason someone would pick Canna over San Paolo.

And VERY good point Bono about the players knowing each other as this guarantees better productivity on the field from these super-stars. However, we all know whom is the MEGA star of the team, don't we?:stuckup: ;)

Cheers.;)
:stress: The moment I saw your name in teh thread I knew you will say sth like "Pires is better than Figo" thing ... I just knew it. And when i opened the thread and saw your post and strart laughing for 5 minutes. :D :D Payman, Payman ... if you have said "becham than Figo" you woudl have surprised me for teh 1st time in 1 year! :tongue:

As for teh real start of the team - YES :cool: We all know that - NESTA! :cool:

:tongue:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
bono said:
:As for teh real start of the team - YES :cool: We all know that - NESTA! :cool:
I always suspected you knew something about football, bono. :angel: :D

I'd be interested in seeing a South American team in comparison. I'm also curious to see how our prediction will hold up after the Euro. :)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fred Elliot said:
hmmm...rather a lot of Italians in that team Luigi. And, hang on, not one johnny english bloke. How strange:howler:

well like bono said, beckham came close. for the italians, most of them are unquestionable. buffon, nesta and zambro are all tops in their positions. canna is a questionable one but people voted for him and even if he didnt win, it was going to be stam.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
MY APPLUASES to Luigi Vampe here! :star: :stuckup:

Great gob ... he was critisied and will be for sure, but he went thru a complicated choice of formations, coaches and players and thru all the polls for each player to came up with an almost perfect team!! WELL DONE! Great job there and very good knowledge of your football. :cool:

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks bono. i tried my best to accomadate everybody. i was expecting criticism so thats no big deal. i hope everybody had fun with the polls because that was the hope!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
bono said:

May be Cambell for Nesta

Are you mad Campbell is HIT with an S on the front, Nesta is five times the defender.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Kiyan said:
Good work Luigi.

Team is awesome, and Figo DOES deserve to be there. He is still the best right winger in the world, despite how many people might hate him.
Ask a Barca fan...

M

·
0 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Are you mad Campbell is HIT with an S on the front, Nesta is five times the defender.

What the hell? Campbell shit? He's the best center back in the Premiership...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks kiyan. why do people hate figo so much. maybe ive been living under a rock but i dont know the reason. obviously i know barca fans have their opinions but why do others hate him?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Because he has become slow and lazy and the only thing he does is scoring some penalty kicks...

His attitude stinks and he always has to pull a long face whenever he plays. His NT performance sucks, too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts