Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 4 matches of the group stage and one of the round of the last 16 in my hometown Nuernberg. Has anyone of you a ticket for one of those games? I think many English fans will come to the game against Trinidad & Tobago. Croatia isn´t far away, too.

So, is anyone already planning to visit my lovely city?

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
i got 1 ticket for the 2nd round matchup between runners up in GroupC (hopefully Serbia) vs winners of groupD(portugal/mexico)

if Serbia ends up winning the group then i will do everything within my power to sell the ticket and goto the other game instead.

my mom actually has friends in Nuremberg but i only met them once when they were visiting Toronto. what is the city like? nightlife? people? i speak no german, will that be a problem?

·
Registered
27,298 Posts
Red_Bandit said:
i got 1 ticket for the 2nd round matchup between runners up in GroupC (hopefully Serbia) vs winners of groupD(portugal/mexico)

if Serbia ends up winning the group then i will do everything within my power to sell the ticket and goto the other game instead.

my mom actually has friends in Nuremberg but i only met them once when they were visiting Toronto. what is the city like? nightlife? people? i speak no german, will that be a problem?
So, you would rather that Serbia And Montenegro finish second, than first? :howler:

·
Registered
27,298 Posts
audiollama said:
There are 4 matches of the group stage and one of the round of the last 16 in my hometown Nuernberg. Has anyone of you a ticket for one of those games? I think many English fans will come to the game against Trinidad & Tobago. Croatia isn´t far away, too.

So, is anyone already planning to visit my lovely city?
Is that in East or West Germany?

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It´s in West Germany. To be more precisely it´s in the south, in Bavaria.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Red_Bandit said:
Well, it´s not like Berlin or Hamburg for example, but it´s got a decent nightlife. There are nice locations for everything you´d like to do... drinking, dancing... and I don´t think that it will be a problem that you don´t speak German. We´re friendly people, we will help you if you don´t know where to go. ;)
And the city itself is really pretty, too. The Old Town with the castle is beautiful, that´s the area where you´ve got the most bars, clubs, beer gardens, etc. The stadium is surrounded by a great park with two lakes... good to lie in the sun before the game ;)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
I tried getting a ticket for the second roudn game, but it was next to impossible. So i will not be going to Nuremberg.

I'm going to munchen, frankfurt, colgone, berlin & dortmund. :)

how are these places like?

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ze da Fiel said:
I'm going to munchen, frankfurt, colgone, berlin & dortmund. :)

how are these places like?
Well, I have heard many positive things about Berlin, but I don´t think that München is that bad in contrast to Berlin. I´ve only been once to Frankfurt. They have a nice bar/restaurant area called Sachsenhausen.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
audiollama said:
Well, I have heard many positive things about Berlin, but I don´t think that München is that bad in contrast to Berlin. I´ve only been once to Frankfurt. They have a nice bar/restaurant area called Sachsenhausen.
I have lived in Berlin for 6 1/2 years. Trust me, it's absoloutely amazing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sanyi said:
maybe I am a bit biased :lala:
however, nürnberg is much nicer than münchen.
Absolutely! ;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm gonna be visiting Germany for the world cup...
Frankfort,Leipzig,Berlin,Gelsenkirchen and maybe Munich would like to get some info's about those places ...
If anyone's going those citys advise me about cheap hotel/motel & how u guys are planning...tnx

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, a few days before the World Cup, are there some Xtratimers that will visit our beautiful city? :)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aha... thought the political forum´s dead.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
germany is the cleanest place in the world, nicest people as well. i envy germany. The girls are not that good look but the ones who are define the word gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts