Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
ok guys, so as announced we will start a FM league with members from the xtratime turkish forums. everyone who hasn't yet heard about this or just has read this is invited of course.

We have decided to start with the Serie A

The list looks like this for now. Starcraft and GS1905 are unsure if they can join, so Inter and Juve might be up for grabs. I mentioned earlier I might go with Juve if GS1905 is definitely out but for now I'm going with AS Roma. tva

• buzyb: AC Milan
  • tva: AS Roma
  • Starcraft: Inter
  • AslanErd: Palermo
  • Serhat09: Udinese
  • Scarfaces: Fiorentina

We have scheduled saturday nights and sunday nights as matchdays, but i believe there could be slight changes every now and then if for example somebody wants to go out or something. therefore i think that sundays will be the main matchdays. The time is 20:30 for both days.

tva will be hosting the game because untill now it seems like he has the fastest machine and internet connection. (AMD 4000+. 2GB Ram Memory, 12mbit/1mbit: up/down)

Requirements to join:
FM 2006 (with patch version: 6.0.2)
Internet Connection :)

Point System:
To make this game more challenging, we're implementing a point system. It basically means you get points for victories which get added up in a table consisting all participating users.

After 10 seasons a game is over. The season table gets refreshed every season starting from blank, but the overal table cumulates until the end of the tenth season. Who finishes on top, gets the Best Player award. If we get to that and we decide to continue everybody needs to change teams which adds to the challenge :shades:

Achievements you get points for:
  • Derby* Win = 3 points
  • Derby Draw = 1 point
  • Serie A Champion = 15 points
  • Coppa Italia Winner = 7 points
  • Champions League Winner = 12 points
  • UEFA Cup Winner = 8 points
*Derby = a match between participating users

At the end of every season there are several awards:

Awards:
  • Overall Season Champion (For a top of the table finish)
  • Serie A Champion or Best Performance in the Serie A
  • CL Winner or Best Performance in the CL
  • Best Performance or Best Performance in the UEFA-Cup
  • Derby Champion (User who won the most user-based derbies).

If anyone has any tips, feedback, feel free to adress us via PM or through this thread.

Links:
Need help configuring your router?

Skins
RULES!
  • If you can't make it, let us know on time, preferable a day before game time.
  • If you don't let us know on time, we will continue anyway. So set your holiday settings properly so your assistant manager does as you want.
  • Game time is game time. Schedule it properly. If you leave after half an hour, that's too bad. We will continue.
  • 15-20 Minutes start up time for each new game started to straighten out your tactics, staff, transfers etc.
  • We play games of 10 seasons each. The manager who ends up highest wins that competition.
---------------------------------------------
if anything is missing or if you don't like the title of the thread, feel free to change it hamza :pp

Let the games begin!! :jester: :D

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Maybe a few cosmetic changes down the line ;) :pp otherwise it's just fine, thx for opening.

I'm sorry I haven't been clear enough but I'm also working on the sundays so I was thinking the same time for sunday as for saturday, from 20.00'ish?

PS: I'm thinking about updating the first post of this topic with all kinds of links for things that might come in handy, like a small tutorial for joining networks, or just graphical additions to the game, like different skins and logo's. Also an update on the game and such things.

If we're going to make something out of this, let's do it good
:D

·
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tva said:
Maybe a few cosmetic changes down the line ;) :pp otherwise it's just fine, thx for opening.

I'm sorry I haven't been clear enough but I'm also working on the sundays so I was thinking the same time for sunday as for saturday, from 20.00'ish?

PS: I'm thinking about updating the first post of this topic with all kinds of links for things that might come in handy, like a small tutorial for joining networks, or just graphical additions to the game, like different skins and logo's. Also an update on the game and such things.

If we're going to make something out of this, let's do it good :sigarsmoking: :D
sounds good. :)

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I know I was going to test out the game today, but I have not gotten by my friend yet, so I will have to wait until tomorrow. And Emre, you could just copy/burn it...You dont have to buy it...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Starcraft said:
I know I was going to test out the game today, but I have not gotten by my friend yet, so I will have to wait until tomorrow. And Emre, you could just copy/burn it...You dont have to buy it...
No problem mate, you've got until saturday evening so no hurry.

·
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starcraft said:
copy/burn? :nono:

;)

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
I'll join, but never played a network game so take it easy :pp

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Do we pick what team we want to be?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Eddie said:
Do we pick what team we want to be?
Good to have you on board. You have to pick of what's remaining :) Read the earlier posts to see what teams are already chosen.

1 - 20 of 524 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.