Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nasty Nick is arranging a Scandinavian prediction league starting in April, that league will last throughout the season, involving pain and joy, strong feelings, and a lot of courage(it will be difficult to beat Cracker). The winner of that ALL IMPORTANT league will in the end if we are all still around qualify for the Xtratime Champions Cup 2002-2003!!

This is why we are now arranging a cup, so that the winner of the cup will be qualified for the Xtratime Champions Cup 2001-2002 :happy:

The league will have the rules of the mm forum whereas the cup will have the rules of the XCC.

MM = Milanmania

XCC = Xtratime Champions Cup

In the league we will most likely focus on Norwegian and Swedish matches, and in the cup we will have a strong presence of danish matches.

First prediction round;

Sun. 11. March
Brøndby - OB
HFK Sønderjylland - Lyngby
Silkeborg - FC Midtjylland
Viborg - Herfølge
FC København - AaB

Predictions will be pm'd to me, and in case I am on vacation etc.. they will be sent to Cracker.

The league has already many interested competitors, but to join the cup you have to sign up for it as a separate competition.

The following xtratime members have signed up so far Cracker, Nasty Nick, Andreas Speck, Trip Fontaine, and Orange.

We will be divided into groups, where we will face eachother and eventually progress on to play offs.

If anyone is interested in joining the cup, please give notice as soon as possible, and I will set up the groups.

Mon. 12. March
AB - AGF

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
well actually i think mostly of the scandi forum's regular posters will join both the cup and the league.now when we'll use the danish matches in the cup i believe also glen should join,he's danish and would probably have some kind of advantage in this here.about the league,yes it was my idea but im so bad at counting points and post standings so i think it will be better if you(orange)will handle that one also,but it's in april so it's along way before it wil start.Im looking forward to march the 11 atleast but first we must make the groups:)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We need some members in the cup, but we also need to finish it by the end of may, so I will try to make it in a way so that it doesn't drag out and in the end we will finished in july or something. So of course if 20 members joined it would be a problem. I would also like for all who joins to actually play every round and not just be a silent part of the competition, this is why I thought it best if the competitors state their interest in here themselves.

As for the league Nick, I am not sure how the milanmania rules work and if I agree on them, I can be a part of the competition, but will only supervise a competition with rules I agree fully on.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
the MM rules are pretty easy.you just predict the results of the weekly games with the and then post it in the forum.

exempel:milan-inter 2-1
if the game finnish with a milan victory like i predicted than i will get 1 point for that,but if the game finnish exactly 2-1 to milan than i will get 2 points for that.
then we post the league standings each week in a separeate thread.easy like that:)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if you predicted 4 games correct, but with the wrong score, like this; 2-1, 2-0, 2-2 and 3-1, and the matches ended 3-0, 1-0, 1-1 and 4-1. You would get 4 points.

In the same week with same matches I predicted; 3-0, 2-2, 2-0, and 4-1, I would also get 4 points for 2 correctly predicted matches with the score.

I think correctly predicting the match's winner is more important than the score.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
....to predict the exact score is an bonus;)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A bonus is nice, but in this case it counts as much as predicting the correct winner. Shouldn't there be more points for correectly predicting the winner than the score?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
let's give you and example once again why i believe that this MM rule with 2 points for the exact score is good.

ex: milan VS bari,milan is suppost to be the better team in this match and bari are last,everyone will predict 1,so if we also predict results it will really make a diffrence in the end.if someone can predict the exact result ofcourse they shall get some credit for it cause it's alot more difficult to do that then just predict with the classic system 1X2.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
ONE point for a correct win and one for the correct score,that was what i meant.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I understand what you meant, and with only Milan matches that seems to be working fine, but here we will have a lot more matches, and I think we should award 2 points for a win and one for a correct score.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
okey then,but YOU will be the one who count the points after each week:)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The summer is so long...with vacation and stuff...anyone got any spare time? Maybe we could take it in turns? Anyways some help setting it up would be beneficial. And do we predict in the open room like in the scottish forum or do we send secret pm's like in the XCC?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
we will post it in the prediction threads each week,no PM's are allowed in it.

a agree on the other,if you aren't here to post the matches/handle the standings etc someone else will do it,someone who is at home,isn't that obvious?.personally i will not be around much in the summer so i will probably lose alot of predictions when im gone cause the swe/nor league are being played the whole summer,but that's my fault and i don't see any reason why the the prediction league shall be cancelled in the period when ppl are on vacancy or something like that,but it the end it will probably make a diffrence:(

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok seems fair to me it has worked in a lot of forums, it is just that Dan/Taco has used pm's for the matches in the XCC, and since the cup also will be based on one on one matches I will do the same there.

League; a prediction thread for each week,

Cup; PM me your predictions and I will post them after the deadline.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
AGREED.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well i'm in for certain......i'll post the results of the Danish league and the fixtures.
Let me see if i got this right :confused: 2 points for the result example: 1,X,2 and 1 bonus point for the exact scoreline?
By the way guys don't worry about your chances in the cup.
The Danish league is very tight this year with 3 points seperating the teams 1-6 and with the exception of HFK Sønderjyll. who are officially the worst club in Europe( according to a BBC study) no result is given. :)

So what do i do now? :confused: should i PM my predictions or not?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
trip,you should PM them to orange so we know that you don't cheet or something;)

orange,how many gruops shall we have.4 groups with 4 in each would be perfect,or is it too much?let's say that we make 4 gruops and then the winner of each would quailify to the playoff-group,wouldn't it be perfect?

but for the moment we have the current members in the CUP:
nasty nick,orange,cracker,solehri,trip,jimmy,andreas,marie
that's 8!2 groups.wouldn't it be a shame if not ane and glen joined this they are both danes i mean,and wakky shall join also i think.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts