Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name - Position - Team - Age - Appearances (Goals)

GIANLUIGI BUFFON - GK - JUVENTUS - 26 - 42
FRANCESCO TOLDO - Gk - INTER - 33 - 28
CARLO CUDICINI - Gk - CHELSEA - 30

FABIO CANNAVARO - Df - INTER - 30 - 76
MATTEO FERRARI - Df - PARMA - 24 - 7
NICOLA LEGROTTAGLIE - Df - JUVENTUS - 27 - 6(1)
ALESSANDRO NESTA - Df - MILAN - 28 - 57
MASSIMO ODDO - Df - LAZIO - 27 - 9
CHRISTIAN PANUCCI - Df - ROMA - 31 - 41(2)
GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA - Df - JUVENTUS - 27 - 35

MASSIMO AMBROSINI - DM - MILAN - 27 - 19
MAURO GERMAN CAMORANESI - AM - JUVENTUS - 27 - 6
STEFANO FIORE - AM - LAZIO - 29 - 29(2)
GENNARO GATTUSO - DM - MILAN - 26 - 23(1)
ENZO MARESCA - MF - JUVENTUS - 24
ANDREA PIRLO - MF - MILAN - 25 - 5
FRANCESCO TOTTI - AM - ROMA - 27 - 38(6)

ANTONIO CASSANO - ATT - ROMA - 21 - 2(1)
BERNARDO CORRADI - ATT - LAZIO - 28 - 7(2)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO - ATT - JUVENTUS - 29 - 61(24)
FILIPPO INZAGHI - ATT - MILAN - 30 - 48(21)
FABRIZIO MICCOLI - ATT - JUVENTUS - 24 - 5
CHRISTIAN VIERI - ATT - INTER - 30 - 36(19)

OK that is the squad we have chosen, now I will begin the process of what you think the first team should be

I will put players in all different positions so Miccoli will be voted in the 3rd striker position, 2nd striker position or the current Camoranesi position... but I want to say this is not a popularity poll just a poll of who you think should be in that position... e.g it would be silly of you to vote Miccoli twice... 1ce in Totti's position and 1ce in the second striker postion :rolleyes: see what I mean?

anyway i will make the GK poll right away... and make a new 1 every day...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Not a bad team, although I still don't want Cassano in there and Trap will have to switch to a three-man defense if Zambrotta is suspended or injured. I think it's probably close to what Trap will pick.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
You need Cassano there, for 2006 Corradi will be 30! Miccolli and Cassano are your only young quality strikers.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indeed you are right: Miccoli and Cassano are the only world class youngsters we seem to have

sure Gilardino, Boriello, Calaio and whatever else are hopefuls, but all of these aren't what I would call definitely gonna become real class strikers!!!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Trap sets squad deadline Wednesday 4 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has revealed that he will announce his squad for Euro 2004 between May 18 and 20.

The tactician will name a 23-man party who will be required to meet at the Coverciano training base on May 25.

The squad will remain in Florence until June 5 then they will be given two days off. They’ll fly to Portugal on June 7.

It has also been confirmed that there are plans to play one final friendly before the tournament on either May 30 or 31.

Italy will continue with their preparations this month when they face the Czech Republic in Palermo on February 18.

Whispers suggest that Sampdoria left-back Stefano Bettarini may win his maiden call-up after some fine displays.

Trap is set to have a closer look at Bettarini, wanted by Valencia in January, as he continues his search for a back-up to Gianluca Zambrotta.

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets hope he gives Maresca and Pilro a chance also

I saw Maresca yesterday and he was the only midfielder able to control the ball and do something with it!!!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
jack goff said:
You need Cassano there, for 2006 Corradi will be 30! Miccolli and Cassano are your only young quality strikers.
We're not picking the team for 2006. I merely said I don't want Cassano in the Euro 2004 team.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Ruffian said:
We're not picking the team for 2006. I merely said I don't want Cassano in the Euro 2004 team.
You obviously dont want attacking versatility, and the chance to see one of the best international partnerships for Italy in a long long time (Totti and Cassano).

Why the hell wouldnt you want Cassano in the squad?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, its a good team even though traps will have many different players in there. Zanetti and Perrotta for starters.

anyway, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw Boriello last night v Lazio when he came on...

earlier I said hes a hopeful and he probably remains as one but if Milan give him any chance at all he will be great :cool: he won every ball in the air (including beating Stam), was good with the ball at feet and is powerful as any 21 year old around!!!

As for this squad, well its just a little fun really, we of course know Trap's version is gonna be completely different....

Perrotta...
Zanetti...
Delvecchio....

and leaving out some of our influential players!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts