Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I was looking at Fantasy Liga (since half of the Italian one was deleted for last season), and I believe maybe we need a slight rethink to the transfer window. I think the schedule is pretty much tight enough right now without moving gameweeks back, we cannot afford to have fixtures moved around again.

So, Fantasy Liga had their Window open for two weeks rather than one. I think this may well be important, as it leaves very little time to have full rounds of bidding. The current time is 19th-25th Jan. I think we can maybe afford to have the window extended until 30th January. Any players signed by PL clubs after that are just ineligible. Also as soon as the matchday is under way, we may as well open the window, making it the 17th instead of the 19th, provided any players "bought" cannot be used/taken from another team whilst matches are under way.

Our current schedule is this:

13th - 14th Dec - XTPL Cup Round One
20th - 22nd Dec - XTPL Cup Quater Finals
26th Dec - NO MATCHDAY
28th - 30th Dec - XTPL Cup Semi-Finals
10th - 11th Jan - Matchday 13
17th - 19th Jan - Matchday 14
NEW PROPOSED TRANSFER WINDOW
27th - 28th Jan - Matchday 15
CLOSE OF WINDOW
31st Jan - 2nd Feb - Matchday 16

So it will mean the 15th match takes place during the window. Now if you accept this proposal, we need to establish some rules on it.

Here is a link to the Fantasy Liga thread, with the rules El primitivo set.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=227283

Any thoughts? I feel that system works well, and gives players more time (and myself, its my birthday that week!) to put squads together, especially with bidding and buyouts being countered etc.

I'd appreciate hearing from El Primitvo and K4 about this though, they have experience where as for the likes of myself, Mutu and GW this is a step into the dark.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
In XT Serie A, we used to open the winter transfer market exactly when the actual Serie A did...we would also close it when Serie A closes their winter market.

We are doing things a bit differently this year as we have just completed 13 matchdays (exactly half of our season) and we're opening the winter market on Monday (Dec 15th) because by the time the real market opens, we would have completed 16 or 17 games and some teams desperately need help now rather than later.

You can keep the market open for at least 2 weeks and extend/close it as you see fit.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Okay, so I was looking at Fantasy Liga (since half of the Italian one was deleted for last season), and I believe maybe we need a slight rethink to the transfer window. I think the schedule is pretty much tight enough right now without moving gameweeks back, we cannot afford to have fixtures moved around again.

So, Fantasy Liga had their Window open for two weeks rather than one. I think this may well be important, as it leaves very little time to have full rounds of bidding. The current time is 19th-25th Jan. I think we can maybe afford to have the window extended until 30th January. Any players signed by PL clubs after that are just ineligible. Also as soon as the matchday is under way, we may as well open the window, making it the 17th instead of the 19th, provided any players "bought" cannot be used/taken from another team whilst matches are under way.

Our current schedule is this:

13th - 14th Dec - XTPL Cup Round One
20th - 22nd Dec - XTPL Cup Quater Finals
26th Dec - NO MATCHDAY
28th - 30th Dec - XTPL Cup Semi-Finals
10th - 11th Jan - Matchday 13
17th - 19th Jan - Matchday 14
NEW PROPOSED TRANSFER WINDOW
27th - 28th Jan - Matchday 15
CLOSE OF WINDOW
31st Jan - 2nd Feb - Matchday 16

So it will mean the 15th match takes place during the window. Now if you accept this proposal, we need to establish some rules on it.

Here is a link to the Fantasy Liga thread, with the rules El primitivo set.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=227283

Any thoughts? I feel that system works well, and gives players more time (and myself, its my birthday that week!) to put squads together, especially with bidding and buyouts being countered etc.

I'd appreciate hearing from El Primitvo and K4 about this though, they have experience where as for the likes of myself, Mutu and GW this is a step into the dark.

My experience says that you should try to organize it as much as possible. We're also discussing it in our FM forum.

The first thing I have to say is that the whole transfer system will get complicated. I've been checking your squads and I saw that most of you have room to defend your squad from buyout bids. But some of you will see how you suddenly receive offers for your players. In order to retain the players you want, you will start to raise their wages and your budget for wages will get closer and closer to the salary cap, which will eventually reduce your ability to do "whatever you want".

For example, I remember that Pretty Boy had Messi and Eto'o in his team, both with huge wages. This summer he saw that he needed to sign 9 or 10 players to complete the 23-men squad and he had no way to sign them, not because he didn't have the money for it, but because he couldn't compete in the market, since he could just offer 0.5M per year to the players he wanted, which turned out to be a liability.

Basically, the salary cap will start to have an important effect. I notice that some people may get angry, because there will be bids that will just force you to increase your costs on salaries. Since this is designed to be a game of management (not just posting lineups each week), each manager will have to decide if it's worth to match the bids or not.

Other aspects to consider, very important.:

What happens if you sign a player now? Which is the length of his contract?

1) Since we don't tolerate 0.5 year lenghts, you must make everyone know that, if you sign a player now for 1 year, he will be free in June 2009 (not in January 2010). We had this problem and it's important to avoid confusion. Of course, unless you decide something different, but it may complicate things a bit.

2) Other things to take into consideration: how to consider the annual wages budget? Let's take your team, TGO. For now you have an annual budget of 47.25M and if nothing changes it'll continue like this. But, what happens if you raise the salary of some of your players? Let's say that, after the transfer window, you end up with a 50M annual wage cost. In this situation, at the end of the year, in order to calculate the total costs of your team, you must do something like: (47.25/2 + 50/2). Any other formula would cause distorsion on the truth of your costs.

3) The public bidding isn't very pleasant and make things too long. I still prefer the private bidding, which is way faster, more fair and clean. As in the summer window, I think that the public bidding should be just used to finish the squads. Personally, I'm far from satisfied by the public biddings.

If other questions come to my mind, I'll say them here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts