Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm gonna do this.

Rules are similar to the WPOTY thing, except I'm skipping the pool phase and allowing free voting. You can vote for 10 players, and the scores are as follows.

1st place = 20 points
2nd = 15
3rd = 10
4th = 8
5th = 6
6th = 5
7th = 4
8th = 3
9th = 2
10th = 1

Remember you're voting for players based what they did between 1st January 2000 and 31st December 2009, so try not to let sentimentality for other periods cloud your judgement.

Voting is done VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE and try to avoid the urge to say who you're voting for on the thread, because it'll spoil the countdown.

Deadline I haven't decided yet, but probably give till the end of the month.

Happy voting!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I thought you can't be bothered to do this kind of stuff anymore.

And Zidane's overrated.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought you can't be bothered to do this kind of stuff anymore.

And Zidane's overrated.
Yeah, I figured out how to use excel properly during my extended holiday (btw I have already applied for a job today, so no chastising!), so this should be considerably easier than it usually is. I can just bang it all on a spreadsheet and make it do the maths for me.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excel ftw, indeed.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see how people balance out short peaks vs consistency and players who peaked at the start or end of the decade (in terms of this) vs players who were maybe slightly less good for more of the period.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I put a player with a short peak first:D

He's the reason why kids play football on the street and try to be the best at beating players rather than scoring.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I'll use it, but can an FM or CM edit the post to say he voted rather than the list (or can Dearman do it himself?)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts