Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a general category, so we'll see some players here that are already in other lists but are probably more suitable for this one...

Toni
Cassano
Gilardino
Inzaghi
Iaquinta
Rossi
Pazzini
Quagliarella
Di Natale
Borriello
Rocchi

Pick 5

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Hmm maybe this is a bit too similar to my threads :pp

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is, but you never made one purely for forwards. These guys all qualify for forward roles, regardless of Donadoni's tactical setup, so can you add a poll...please? :)

My pick currently:

Toni
Iaquinta
Borriello
Di Natale
Quagliarella

I'd like to think that Cassano could infiltrate that group, but I doubt it. Those are all hard working players, with skill (not necessarily flair, but flair is overrated IMO) and good team building attributes to their character set. They would be willing to adapt and play their heart out in any position that Donadoni ascribes to them.

I also hope that Ancelotti starts giving Gilardino some playing time again, allowing him the opportunity to work his way back into the lineup and possible back into the NT.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Still way too similar... creating this poll may aswell eliminate my last section, which is defined only for the prima punta's and also the section for the wide attackers which I have done.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still way too similar... creating this poll may aswell eliminate my last section, which is defined only for the prima punta's and also the section for the wide attackers which I have done.
Does my list threaten yours :p

So where does Toni fit into your scheme? I know "fowards" is too general, but it encompasses the whole lot, dunnit?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well I have wide forwards... Cassano, Di Natale, Camoranesi etc. and I have prima punta's.. Borriello, Toni, Iaquinta, Gilardino etc.

Its not about threatening, if you created this list some time ago or some time after mine it would be ok, but there is hrdly any point of creating a list in between my lists of wide attackers and in a few days, strikers :)

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have wide forwards... Cassano, Di Natale, Camoranesi etc. and I have prima punta's.. Borriello, Toni, Iaquinta, Gilardino etc.
I don't see a list for Prima Punta's. Is it in a secret forum? ;)

Its not about threatening, if you created this list some time ago or some time after mine it would be ok, but there is hrdly any point of creating a list in between my lists of wide attackers and in a few days, strikers :)
Oh "in a few days"

Well just create it already wuldja?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
The list will be created in 2 or 3 days time, Let the dust settle on the last poll first ;)

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
Indeed serves little purpose when its too similar to Deano's polls for every position. Plus he made the distinction between wide forwards/attacking midfielders and strikers (which is the last poll left for the squad), while your list seem to blend them both.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The list will be created in 2 or 3 days time, Let the dust settle on the last poll first ;)
Alrighty then. I didn't know you had a specified timeline, I simply thought a category was missing. Looking forward to your next list, with poll :)

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed serves little purpose when its too similar to Deano's polls for every position. Plus he made the distinction between wide forwards/attacking midfielders and strikers (which is the last poll left for the squad), while your list seem to blend them both.
Yes I realize this, though in essense it will be forwards that Donadoni will be bringing, in addition to midfielders, defenders and keepers...of course each player with their specific attributes to fill in specific roles in his tactical scheme. I didn't realize that Deano had a timeline for making the polls, just though a category was missing.

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
Yeah its bit of a tradition for Deano to make these squad threads we vote on, you are new so its natural you didnt know.

Its useful to make a distinction amongst the forwards, considering the tactic the NT play (4-3-3 with the forwards pretty much being midfielders more or less), and the fact the likes of Di Natale and the other creative forwards have more in common with an attacking midfielder like Camoranesi then a striker like Toni and et al.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah its bit of a tradition for Deano to make these squad threads we vote on, you are new so its natural you didnt know.

Its useful to make a distinction amongst the forwards, considering the tactic the NT play (4-3-3 with the forwards pretty much being midfielders more or less), and the fact the likes of Di Natale and the other creative forwards have more in common with an attacking midfielder like Camoranesi then a striker like Toni and et al.
So be it. I will await his list, though my selections will probably remain unchanged.

speaking of formation, Donadoni used a 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 transition in the last game, even playing Palladino out of position. It was an interesting transition to watch however, unlike what I had seen before from Lippi where the third man in the attack (Palladino) quickly transitioned to midfielder and manned the right side, but while in attack he roamed across the field just in behind Toni and Di Natale. I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts