Xtratime Community banner

CM Poll, choose 5,6, 7 at most

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Perrotta, De Rossi, Aquilani, Nocerino, Montolivo, Palombo, Volpi, Donadel, Mauri, Maresca, Delvecchio

C, Zanetti retired from NT and is why he is not on the list, before anyone asks.

Choose as many as you want, but would like people to keep it within 5 or 6... 7 at most, if you are dropping a D or A from the team.

I also feel like Im forgetting players so if you want someone added to the list ask the Forum managers to add them.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I voted imo the most obvious ones, De Rossi, Perrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso and Aquilani. Eventually Amrosini would fit in, but I'm not sure if I would stay within max number for whole squad.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...but 5 players for 3 first-team-places?
Well tactics can change and even Camo proved under Lippi he can play in a 3 man midifeld.

·
Registered
33,996 Posts
Sure, but I just ment to ask what other players Pavel might want to introduce.

Semioli?

CMs are were Italy are relatively strong... and Pavel only picked two genuine ball-winners in DDR at Rino.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suppose if you choose 5 Cm you choose 6 attackers

so 3 GK, 8 DF, 6 MF (inc. Camo), 6 ST.

Italy had 5 CM for the World Cup.

·
Registered
33,996 Posts
I suppose if you choose 5 Cm you choose 6 attackers

so 3 GK, 8 DF, 6 MF (inc. Camo), 6 ST.

Italy had 5 CM for the World Cup.

Yeah but that included Barone, DDR, Gattuso and Perrotta.

I know Aquilani has improved defensively, but he still isn't as "strong" a player as the aforementioned.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Before all, how many players can be included in whole squad for Euro? I supposed 21 before, but seeing Dean's numbers it seems I was wrong.

Anyway, surely I wasn't going to put Semioli, rather than him indeed 6 players, that probably better suit striker cathegory.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's a 23 man squad.

Pirlo, De Rossi, Gattuso, Aquilani, Ambrosini and Camoranesi for me.

It's tempting to take Perrotta as well although he isn't in the best of form right now.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I voted the regular 6. I would have liked to have had Montolivo instaed of Perrotta, but he doesn't really deserve it.

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
I know the choices that will be chosen for the final roster is obvious (Pirlo, DDR,Ambro, Rino,Aqui), but I had to ommitt one of them. I just cannot stomach to vote for Perrotta. Such a useless bozo this season, even for squad player, I dont want him.

Not that I think Montolivo will be chosen, or deserve to be. He has not been good this season at all. But hey, even if Perotta will be chosen ahead of him for sure, its easy soothing choose for me.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perrotta is an experienced and still vital member even of the Roma team. I like Montolivo, but if he performs like he did tonight then he deserves to be nowhere near this squad. The truth is even a bad Perrotta still gives everything. Even if Montolivo sucks in his passing, he doesnt do much else for the team.

·
Registered
16,113 Posts
The top 6 in the list should all go. Italy play 3 in midfield so taking 6 central midfielders makes sense.

Perrotta deserves to go despite what has been a lacklustre season by his standards. In the azzurri jersey as Deano has said he'll give everything. His pedigree and experience in the NT (especially after 06) means that he can be an important member of the squad.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I selected Pirlo, De Rossi, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Aquilani and Perrotta. I wanted to select Donadel ahead of Perrotta but I had to go with Perrotta because of experience and because he is great for an energy guy off the bench

I cant believe some people didnt select Ambrosini by the way :eek:

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Perrotta will be chosen if anything for the tactical option. It doesn't really matter what his form is. When you try to make a choice between Perrotta or not, your choice is simply tactical, as of course, no team will be built around him.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Perrotta will be chosen if anything for the tactical option. It doesn't really matter what his form is. When you try to make a choice between Perrotta or not, your choice is simply tactical, as of course, no team will be built around him.

thanks for that stunning revelation einie :thumbsup:

what would we do without your astute observations?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
maybe we can build our team around marco amelia this summer eh...wadda ya think? :doh:

bro when are you going to snap out of it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts