Xtratime Community banner

Full Backs to go to the Euros

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zambrotta, Grosso, Oddo, Panucci, Tonetto, Dossena, Modesto, Moretti, Mesto, Zaccardo, Pasqual, Cassetti, Maggio

Choose as many as you want, but I recommend four as the most and maybe even three if you are likely to include Chiellini from the CB poll. Once again its your choices so I dont want to tell you how many to do, but I recommend three or four.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I chose just 3. Oddo, Zambrotta and Grosso.

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
I chose the same as Marlo. Panucci wont be left out of the squad, and he will be hardly chosen as a backup CB primarly.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Osman its more what you want than what you think will happen... so do you want Panucci in the squad or do you think he will be in the squad?

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
Well you need to RBs, and besides Oddo (despite being average) and Panucci are the best two there I guess. I suspect Zaccardo would the other RB in the pecking order, and he aint good.

LB position has more appealing options. After Grosso and Zambro ,I would like Pasqual, but then it would be too many LBs.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zambro can play RB, thats why I chose 3 (plus I will choose Chiellini from the CBs)

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
That works too (and even if Zambro can add depth for RB, he wouldnt probably start there), but Chiellini is a must as CB inclusion, even if can add depth to the wing, he should be for sure in the definite CB roster (not like you can count him as LB because one wants to call other CB, not too many other good options there except the usual 4).

Panucci aint no worldbeater but his experience and qualities for RB depth is good enough for me. The other options for RB arent appealing.

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
I didnt forget him. Dont think he is good enough. Thats why I didnt mention him. Plus calling him and Oddo is pointless, they are too similar, Panucci offers another kind of qualities as RB.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Gamberini deserves to go to these champs. he has been class this year. So I will choose him from the CB lot aswell.

·
Administrator
53,292 Posts
Grosso > Cassetti. Cassetti is a decent player, excellent squad player, but not really NT material, or he can be, if he was a bit more balanced as a player.

·
Banned
190 Posts
I think cassetti proved this year his worth as a player, I think if he keeps benching a player of cicinho's calibre he should be called.
Panucci on the other hand is experienced player, and he is defo going to the euros.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Yeah, those choices chose themselves imo. I can't not include Pannuci, even though I think he's a bit crap.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
i went with zambrotta, oddo, grosso and cassetti although i wouldn't mind panucci over cassetti for the experience.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For anyone who has seen Maggio this season he has been excellent. Although obviously he's a wing back and not a full-back.

·
Registered
34,000 Posts
I've seen him and he's (still) an average player who's lucky to have been picked up by the advancing Fiorentina in Serie B.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Maggio has been pretty decent whenever I've seen, although I would be suspicious as to wether he can step up to that level. Reason being is that his best asset is his physical attributes. He is ridiculously fit and will continue to get into good positions throughout the whole game.

Not the most talented player though. He doesn't fit into the right back position for Italy. Your attacking full-back is Oddo, your defensive one is Pannuci. I don't see a space for him, unless Donandoni would plan on using him in midfield, in which case there are better options than him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts