Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't we do something to increase the traffic into this XT Chatroom? Heck, I only just noticed we had one again tonight.

I can remember a couple of years ago, come Sunday afternoon, the chat room was bustling with activity, there was 20 or 30 people in there chatting away at once, now it appears utterly dead.

And it would also reduce the number of off-topic posts in threads, so could the link be made more prominent, or perhaps even the room improved significantly? The current one is about as attractive as Margaret Thatcher:groan:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See what I mean?:D

It's just below the C in the Xtratime.com logo, beside that evil damn parrot:tongue:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
cam said:
See what I mean?:D

It's just below the C in the Xtratime.com logo, beside that evil damn parrot:tongue:
I went to it...it was empty...and I got a message not to click nothing...:D

Clicked out too scared...;) :tongue:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I didn't know either... :eek:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the solution here is to perhaps have a link on every forum, saying "Chat About X" to go to the chat room in fairly decent sized text so people can actually see it.

Oh, & getting a decent chat client would probably be a decent idea too as IRC can be overwhelming for some. Heck I still only know the VERY basic commands & I've been using it off & on for about 4 years.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
That was indeed loads of fun back in the days :tongue:, the digichatroom.
I still remember some members with their own 'icon', like Jimmy had that duck.

Also, who remembers Bennie? :howler: :cool:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
ÉÃMadridistaÉÃ said:
:eek: this section is possibly the only one i have never been to so far.
Thats great. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Michel said:
That was indeed loads of fun back in the days :tongue:, the digichatroom.
I still remember some members with their own 'icon', like Jimmy had that duck.

Also, who remembers Bennie? :howler: :cool:

lol i remember him!:D:D

xt chat used to be one of the main attractions for xt, even people who werent registered would be there, there would always be someone. However that had a cost too, it cost xt about 100 $ a month. I wanted to install the same chat on xt again, however it was even more expensive then. Keep in mind we pay a little more than 100 bucks a month to keep XT online, forget about the chat itself.:D

If you guys have any reccomendations for a free chat, I think you guys should offer it here, at the time I opened a topic about this and someone came up with this one and within our aþternatives, this was the chapest solution so we went for it. Now I am pretty sure there must be others out there fee and with some features. The next thing to do is to promote it, if people go there and invite each other, it will be full again with word of mouth.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XT Chat cost $100 a month? Somebody was getting ripped off for sure:groan:

Well I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I reckon if we can all have a wee look we should find something which is better than IRC. That's just far too complex for most people unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I checked XT history and the last time Kaya did a search on how much XT's digichat costs, it's a whopping $500 :eek: But not sure if it was a monthly fee or something. Do you remember, Kaya?

Anyway, for an additional feature that will cost us some $$$ please be patient - once we have money to spare (donations anyone? ;)) we'll definitely consider having the chat back.

For now I need to concentrate on our monthly hosting and most likely when we decide to upgrade the vBulletin software there's also this licence fee...so, gotta prioritize which expenses are more pressing :)

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I promise to be on it at all times then;)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
My opinion is that chat should be scrapped...there are such things as diversifying too much and I think this chat is really not needed.

If you want to chat with someone most people PM them and ask for their e-mail to chat in Yahoo or MSN anyways. :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Well, it's free, doesn't hurt anyone, and it works. Let's just leave it like it is.

I am chatting with Cam now, and it is working fine. :)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GaGa, you weren't hear back in the good old days, & how do you suggest having 40 people, all supporting different clubs & leagues, chatting at the same time over MSN?:tongue:

In fact, lets close all the forums except one for exchanging MSN addresses:rollani:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
41 Members and 26 Guests online, & only me in Chat. You guy should be damn well ashamed!:mad:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts