Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ppl,

History is being made as we speak. Payman generated this superb idea in his little Quebecan brain to take debating to another level. And I seriously believe that it is a pretty good idea if implemented properly.

The idea is to have a debate on a topic btw two contestants. The others just view and can reply but not to the topic in any way. I mean they can comment and have fun along the way but the contest remains btw the two.

The spectators then give a consensus on who put forward more constructive and logical arguments!!!

Bravo to Payman for coming up with this idea :star:

Bravo to me for thrusting Payman into this situation! :D

Let's get on with the PREVIEW

Topic: Ronaldo or Zidane to be the FIFTH FOOTBALL KING

Contestants:

PAYMAN (Canada) vs. MILK (USA)

Venue: MILAN FORUM

Preview

It is a battle between two extremely knowledgeable and good posters who know their stuff when it comes to the topic and the topic quite clearly suggests that there aren't any two better posters to look at when it comes to a direct competition as both the posters admire the player they have to defend!!! :D Admire is a weak and small word but you guys get the point! ;)

Payman

Origin: Quebec :D

He is the most passionate Milan fan on these forums or any other forum. At the same time he is a passionate follower of the Great Zinedine Zidane who he often calls Yazhid .

Payman claims to be the OFFICIAL Spokesperson of Zidane so I have just obliged and chosen him as the candidate to defend Zidane's stature. He is so obsessed with Zidane that there is a voice around that suggests Payman is claiming to be French without providing any valid proof for that!

Zidane is his passion and Payman has all the relevant information to give his opponent in liquid form MILK a good run for his money!!!

Milk

Origin: USA

Milk was posting here for quite some time under the name Maldini03 but he probably gave up on that since everybody still continued to call him by his nick which was DAGOODS .

The thing is his name is MILK and Barça, me and Payman himself are the ones who have called him by his name! :)

Dagoods is a fanatical fan of Luiz Nazario de Lima Ronaldo and defends Ron like he was his own!!! He claims Ron to be the FIFTH King and rates him just an itty bitty notch below Pele and Maradona. :D

MILK only loves 5 people. These are his passions and as MILK would say -> in chronological order:

1. Paolo Maldini
2. Himself
3. Ronaldo
4. Kristin Kreuk
5. His girlfriend

:D ... Now Milk is a freak of human nature. When in the mood he calls his girlfriend Kristin!!! :tongue:

He is a thorough entertainer and along with Payman's passion for Zizou will form a very tough opponent to pin down!!!

Common Factors

1. Both players are madly fanatic about the player they have to defend.

2. Both are open to humour and are very good in that respect.

3. Both will leave no stone unturned to defend their man. They both have super strong antennas to detect a word being said against their man and will launch head first to defend him in any post anywhere on the forums! :cool: :D

4. Both post with lots of passion, fervour and energy.

5. Both claim to be something but have not proved it! Payman claims to be French and MILK claims to be a Player who is as smooth as Milk .... oops typo ... I meant silk!! :howler:

Conclusions

Well we have a tough debate ahead of us as both candidates know their business!!! It should be good fun to learn about the players and their stats as well.

My money is on Dagoods = Ratings = Milk as he can take on XT by himself :D :D As I said before he is a freak of human nature!! :)

But saying anything to Zidane is like touching Payman's nerve so it will be interesting!!!

And now the rules ... very important that they be followed so that it remains to the topic!!! ;)

Rules

1. Player bashing is not allowed! You can't diss Ronaldo or Zidane in the process to prove your point! You can identify a weakness but not bash the player for it.

2. You cannot diss your opponent!! Not allowed.

3. Build your debate with logical, constructive and factual information.

4. It is ok to use analogies to prove your point as long as it has some logic!

5. Other people can post their views on the overall debate but be careful to not give one or the other opponent the edge in their debate! ;)

6. Viewers can pump up and buck up the contestants and introduce light comedy from time to time.

7. The debate can go on forever so in order to make it finite the post limit per contestants is 15 posts per person. This is a trial number. It may be increased depending on the debate. The people will decide whether to increase or decrease it.

8. Finally the debate will have to go one way or the other. There will not be a draw!! Hence contestants should be prepared which in this case they are.

9. No chickening out by the contestants. Just think of Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) form Back To The Future. What happened to him when somebody called him chicken? :D

10. And no comments by a third person stating that neither is the Fifth King. We are just trying to debate and try to form a consensus on which of the two deserves that accolade if it were to come down to it!

11. It can be good fun but it has to be done for that to happen!!

Good Luck to both contestants and post it here. It is a historic first attempt so let's see if it takes off.

I have got the topics and contestants in my head as we speak but it depends on this one taking off properly and generating good fun along the way! ;)

2. Nero Vs. Fangul (Juve & the ref theory)

3. Bono Vs. Glen (Milan or Juve more successful)

4. Doc_Rule Vs. Drummer (Man U vs. Liverpool - The Future)

5. GaGa Vs. Gianluca (Juve vs. Parma regarding transfers)

OT

Odds to win:

MILK -> 5/6

PAYMAN -> 1/3

:D :D :D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
:howler:

You're a f-ing idiot Haroon!!!:fero:

Man, you're putting me in this situation in the worst time of all, I mean school has just started and I honestly cannot make such a "combat" its deserved justice as I am not often online and when I am, I don't have the time to get involved in such lengthy diatribes with a person as goofy and as loufoquely brainwashed as Milk. Can't you think of a better opponent? Or a better timing? I mean, you should have suggested this a month ago and I would have been honoured and proud to take part into it...

What's wrong with you man???:stress::fero:

:tongue:

P.S. The least you could do, if you REALLY want me to get into this debate, is to at least put my correct origin and I'll help you spell it, so get a pen and a notepad handy:

F.R.A.N.C.E.

Cheers.;)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,487 Posts
Cocoon, for a minute you almost had me fooled there you little rascal. I thought you were friends with San Zero, and if indeed you are his friend then why in the world are you putting him in the spot like that brother? Why do you have him headlining a debate thread with yours truly Dagoods Almighty???

Don't you know that I would take Payman's a$$ and whoop it all over San Siro. ;)

This will be a blood bath for sure, it will be referred to as Xtratime's a$$whooping massacre once I'm done with his arse.

There is only one cool dude in this forum who will give Dagoods a run for his money and he goes by the name of Maldini03.

MILK -> 5/6
PAYMAN -> 1/3
Mark my words, San Siro aka Payman needs to be born again or cloned for that matter in order to have a decent chance against Dagoods!!!

PS.

... Now Milk is a freak of human nature. When in the mood he calls his girlfriend Kristin!!!
I broke up with my girlfriend, only because she cut hair and she does no longer look like Kristin!!! Oh it's true!!! (No biggie though, Dagoods has it all under control and don’t be surprised if you see Dagoods coming “ and making special MILK deliveries to a town near you”).

I will be waiting for the first punch (it better be good), get ready to see some fireworks folks: I will call it operation a$$ whoop- Dagoods style!!!

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much ppl :)

Now back to business!! :devil: Payman dear ... start off the debate please? MILK waits to respond as he has given you the honours of the first punch!! :D

I am praying for you Payman. ;) :D (You are so going down this time!!! :tongue: ) And please spare me the excuses of school/college! :tongue:

Let the debate begin .... ;)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Excellent stuff Haroon!

Now let's get this show on the road shall we. If this is successful, perhaps we could have a knockout tournament or something.

;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Cocoon (ingenious this name :D for once, he has delivered Dagoods...:howler: ).

You want me to debate about a topic that's derogatory for the legend that is Zinedine Yazhid the 8th Wonder of the World Zidane and lower him to the level of a fat boy buckle-toothed mercenary fugly ungrateful bastard?:stress::groan:

NO WAY IN HELL!!!:stuckup::fero:

Ronaldo is a once and ex-super player and nowadays, at best, he's an ok player, who's lucky enough to be playing among a cast of superstars that anyone, any half decent striker would be doing wonders. Hell, if you put even Guivarc'h or Bierhoff or Javi Moreno :groan::tongue: in both Real Madrid and Brasil, they'd be scoring as much as the Fat Boy. :stuckup: :groan:

:tongue::D

Whereas, Yazhid, well, he's the Super Galactico in the constellation of Stars in the Merengue team. He has been the heart and soul, leader, inspiration, maestro, chef d'orchestre, inspiration and inspirator, the light, the driving force, the divine link between the mortals and immortals of all the teams he has played for or rather, teams that were privileged and honoured enough to boast the presence of such a divinity among their ranks, that is Cannes, Bordeaux, Juventus, Real Madrid and France! :stuckup: :proud:

Nuff said!!!:stuckup:

:tongue::howler:

P.S. So Milk, you broke up with your G/F because she cut her hair? Oh poor little thing. Go to mommy for some maternal affection and love. But hey, I got some good news for you!!!You're not the only one!!!Fat Boy also broke with his G/F/wife!!! And maybe you guys could give each other some consolation and cheer up one another...:)

:howler::dielaugh:

P.S.S. Haroon, :finger::finger:

:tongue::D

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Grandissimo San ZERO:

Normally i would support you in your claim...... but as Milk/ Dagoods almighty (or whatever he is called..... can it be Kellog's??:eek: :rolleyes: ;) ) will be defending IL FENOMENO... i will have to be an ally of him in this pertinent combat;)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
soul, leader, inspiration, maestro, chef d'orchestre, inspiration and inspirator, the light, the driving force, the divine link between the mortals and immortals
:howler::howler::star:

I'm on Payman's side.. :tongue:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Ze,
This is none of your business!:stuckup::fero:

It's all cool man, just a game that this BadA$$ of Haroon has dragged me into. So I got some unfinished business...:groan:

We'll talk and laugh about that with a few Caipirinhas in Ipanema, ok man?;)

Cheers.;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Haroon said:
Rules

1. Player bashing is not allowed! You can't diss Ronaldo or Zidane in the process to prove your point! You can identify a weakness but not bash the player for it.
Payman already lost points for bashing R9. Who's keeping score?

Dagoods 1x0 Payman. ;) Or should both of them begin with a certain number, and lose points progressively until the winner is the one with most points?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Sh*t, now I'll have the Brasileiros against me...:groan:

Man I hate you Haroon...:ass::finger: :groan:

You should have put me against some no name Bulgarian ass-wipe...:howler::D

Cheers.;)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Garrincha,

We are allies to KELLOG'S (aka: MILK or DAGOODS..... the man with multiple nicknames) in his battle against the evil of the falsfied FROGGY called YAZHID:fero: :devil: :devil: :yuck:

Let's assist KELLOG'S in defending the most famous teeth of the world.... the ones from our man... IL FENOMENO.

Let's PM him with back ups:D :D :D :D :howler: :happy:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
It's tempting, I admit... but it wouldn't be fair, Ze. It's between them.

I'm just reminding our friend of the rules.

Just to show I'm being fair... recently a rant was written about Zidane that might be useful for Payman's campaign. If he finds it... he can use it. ;)

1 - 20 of 229 Posts