Xtratime Community banner

Best keeper of season 2007/08

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know since 04/05 season i been doing a best of each postions in a 4-4-2 system.Which at the end of the last thread which will be the forwards.All threads will be based on your votes.I prefer no biased picks but can't see it happening also all postions i have asked for Rob advice as well.Rob i send the rest this week.So starting off with keeper of the season.

Casilias
Buffon
Adler
Neuer
Diego Lopez
Julio Cesar
Frey
Van der saar
James
Friedel
Gomes
Lliors
Valdes
Reina
Cech
Helton
Boruc
Howard
Kameni
Almunia
Doni

Any players missing just blame me or Rob for it.

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
will there be a poll?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Dudu Awat. My favourite goalkeeper and he was key in keeping Deportivo in the Primera, plus he won several points for Israel as well.

Out of the list you name, I guess I'd wait for the Euro performances to make a choice. Buffon, Casillas, Van der Sar, Coupet, etc still have a loot to win or lose at what may be the most important month of the season.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
And I voted James, because it's the only year I'm ever likely to vote him for it.

And I don't really consider the euros part of the season, per se.
The Euros can make or break a season. Think for example of Toldo in 2000, he played the tournament of a lifetime while prior to that probably not too many people would have given their votes to him.

IMO several goalies are very close when looking back on their leagues, so if some of them still have a very important Euro to play this can be decisive in whom to vote for. That is if I ignore personal preferences and try to be objective.

By the way, why isn't Kahn in this list while he broke the Bundesliga for least goals against a team? Neuer and Adler in the list, but no kahn?! :confused:
Also, I'd say Boruc belongs in the list of best keepers in Europe, despite having the disadvantage of playing in a team that usually freewheels through 9 out of 10 league games.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Casillas, quite easily.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts