XT 2010 full-backs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abate (Milan), Antonini (Milan), Balzaretti (Palermo), Cassani (Palermo), Criscito (Genoa), De Silvestri (Fiorentina), Dossena (Napoli), Grosso (Juventus), Motta (Roma), Santon (Inter), Zaccardo (Parma), Zambrotta (Milan)

Just to note, these 2 players will be in other categories.

Bonera will be in the CB category
Maggio will be in the side midfielder/fantasisti category.

So once again, choose as many players as you wish for this section as long as you keep it real within what you would eventually take.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will be choosing 5 CB with Bonera included, so from this category I chose the 3 Cassani, Grosso and Criscito.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
depends on formations we use, refer to world cup player list thread

only ones sure for me are criscito and grosso and probably still zambrotta :drunk:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Where's De Ceglie? :tongue:

·
Registered
46,133 Posts
It's a difficult choice. Probably the fitness before the world cup is the first criterion, so I wouldn't rule out Grosso and Zambrotta if they gained back a good shape.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
cassani fits Italy just fine.

but Lippi is gonna play Grosso and DeCeglie

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cant believe not one person has voted Zambrotta. Amazing stuff really. Yet he is probably the first Choice FB to go. :D

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Cant believe not one person has voted Zambrotta. Amazing stuff really. Yet he is probably the first Choice FB to go. :D
Well Antonini has been our best fullback by far. Zambrotta not even close, I can't see him finding any form either.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can

anyway the football knowledge on the boards are dubious
The facts are, people would rather not call a now injury prone, ageing and much slower full-back. We will not win the World Cup with the likes of he and Gattuso on current form, so if thats the case we may aswell just play younger players to prepare for the next tournaments. I am not necessarily saying this is correct. However if one chooses to think like that then its not far wrong either.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Deano, De Silvestri? Really? Is that what Italian football has come to? Players like him to go to the world cup.

And someone actually voted for him! :howler:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
This is a depressing list, none of them is even close to being a really good top level player right now.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
De Silvestri is actually good and esepcially if we consider his age, Ribery last week was erm, a ghost, and for sure nowhere near the worst player on that list.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
De Silvestri is an alright player and like Deano said still very young.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's about the same for many full-backs. The reliance on them to produce in attack nowadays is an obvious tactical flaw. If you think the FB needs to be great going forward why not play wingers there (and this does happen)?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts