Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an excellent u21 euros and is doing consistently well in the Swiss league. Last night was played in a free role against Man U and turned in a star performance. Surely the world is looking now.

Has lots of talent, frustrated me in the earlier games of the CL by being too selfish whilst placed on the right wing. But yesterday playing in the center he had more options to pick and his movement to either wing was difficult to track. His style seems ideal for the EPL. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs all could do with a bit of Shaqiri magic.

·
Registered
27,396 Posts
I'm not convinced by these young Albanian footballers, they remind me of North African/Arab players, plenty of skill and athleticism, but very selfish and not very intelligent players.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
I'm not convinced by these young Albanian footballers, they remind me of North African/Arab players, plenty of skill and athleticism, but very selfish and not very intelligent players.

You obviously haven't seen Granit Xhaka play. He's a 19 year old who has the composure and intelligence of a class veteran. Barely ever makes mistakes and on top of all great technique, passing, physical presence, work ethic. He's the perfect CM. He was bossing Man U's midfield.

Him and Shaqiri will play in top clubs too.

·
Registered
69,205 Posts
Xhaka will probably stay at Basel for at least another 2-3 years, but I think Shaqiri is gone in the summer.

For the British perspective, Shaqiri's act will get old in the EPL, not that I care, but the English fans/media dislike players who dive and who have tempers and Shaqiri is certainly one of those players. Thats his only weakness, his discipline is poor, if he doesn't get calls he will retaliate

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
He's a bitch. We'll see how good he plays when Swiss come in Albania.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
You obviously haven't seen Granit Xhaka play. He's a 19 year old who has the composure and intelligence of a class veteran. Barely ever makes mistakes and on top of all great technique, passing, physical presence, work ethic. He's the perfect CM. He was bossing Man U's midfield.

Him and Shaqiri will play in top clubs too.
Didn't think he had that good a game yesterday. He gave the ball away a bit too many times and tired very noticeably before being taken off. Cabral was kept on the pitch until the end and rightly so, he outperformed Xhaka in this one. Not a criticism overall of him as a player but just on yesterdays game.

Xhaka is the name player, Cabral isn't but he outdid him yesterday in his effectiveness in the game.

·
Registered
58,806 Posts
His crosses led to both goals, your standards are pretty damn high Maturin. :D

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
I honestly think he's EPL material. He's capable of beautiful crosses like he demonstrated last night. Seems to have pace and creativity. Everything of a class player.

The only issue is his endurance (looked like a fish getting burned by a red hot sun near the last 15 minutes of the game) and also defensively a bit susceptible kept losing balls. He can fix these issues if he works hard enough.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
lol what a thing to say....so arabs, africans......and albanians are not intelligent players.

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Thing is Shaqiri isn't Albanian. Dont ****ing call that piece of shit Albanian.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
lol what a thing to say....so arabs, africans......and albanians are not intelligent players.
I don't think that's what he tried to convey.

I think what he meant was that some kinds of players have skills and technique (they're talented) but they can be selfish and egoist and end up destroying the team (i.e. Cristiano Ronaldo not passing the ball to the open man).

I haven't seen that many Albanian players in Europe. So I don't know if most are like that or not. We'll find out sooner or later since there seems to be an overload of young Kosovo Albanians coming out of Switzerland.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Thing is Shaqiri isn't Albanian. Dont ****ing call that piece of shit Albanian.
Stop being racist you ****.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts