Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering purchasing the xbox 360 console.. but im hearing mixed opinions/comments about it...

i was close to purchasing the console with nba live 2006 (because i love basketball games)... but some people are saying wait for nba 2k6..

i played fight night round 3 (i think thats the name)... i loved that game..

i played call of duty 2... liked that game as well..

so i have the choice of purchasing the xbox 360 with 1 game and 2 controllers... or 1 controller and 2 games..

so if there are any owners of an xbox 360... can you please gimmie your honest opinions about the console and which game do you recommend...

thanks in advanced :)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
BAFLI said:
Im considering purchasing the xbox 360 console.. but im hearing mixed opinions/comments about it...

i was close to purchasing the console with nba live 2006 (because i love basketball games)... but some people are saying wait for nba 2k6..
I don't like them. Haven't played them but I reckon it would ok. Before purchasing a game, you can connect to Xbox Live and try the demo for free.

i played fight night round 3 (i think thats the name)... i loved that game..
played the demo, pretty sweet.

i played call of duty 2... liked that game as well..
I have this game, it's pretty good as well but I haven't finished it. Just can't be bothered lately, but that's just with gaming in general.

so i have the choice of purchasing the xbox 360 with 1 game and 2 controllers... or 1 controller and 2 games..
if you have someone with whom you can play you can go with the 2 controller deal, otherwise, you can just hook up with people online.

so if there are any owners of an xbox 360... can you please gimmie your honest opinions about the console and which game do you recommend...

thanks in advanced :)
I have it since it came out. Opted for the premium package deal. It's quite noisy when you play a xbox360 game but with pes5(xbox) it's pretty quiet. If you turn up the volume with games like cod2 it doesn't mattter much.

I'm not impressed with the current crop of games so I wouldn't recommend any of them. But I'm hearing Ghost Recon is pretty sweet. If you like racing you can go with Project Gotham Racing which actually looks quite fine.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
i got the 360..the word overrated pretty much sums it..not worth it just wait for the ps3 to come out

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I agree. But I doubt the PS3 would be that different. The emphasis with the big console makers are on power instead of innovative gameplay.

I think I've grown tired of gaming altogether. Maybe I could get the Nintendo Rev if it's games are fun..

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I doubt even the 360 is in Turkey let alone the rev! :howler:

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
I don't think Super Nintendo is out there yet, is it? Last I heard the Atari console was about to launch with the Pac Man game...

·
Registered
42,582 Posts
Tva said:
I agree. But I doubt the PS3 would be that different. The emphasis with the big console makers are on power instead of innovative gameplay.

I think I've grown tired of gaming altogether. Maybe I could get the Nintendo Rev if it's games are fun..
:thumbsup:

If you want something different, try the Revolution. I know some are concerned about it, maybe it's too radical, so they go for the more "conservative" route with PS3 or 360.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I heard the graphics aren't very good though on the Rev, if i heard correct?

·
Registered
42,582 Posts
Okan said:
I heard the graphics aren't very good though on the Rev, if i heard correct?
Still a powerful system, although I don't think it has as impressive specs as the other systems.

I'm not bothered, if developers can take advantage of the unique controller, that's what counts ultimately.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the opinions guys... I'll wait for another month or so, then consider purchasing the console again... :)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's probably the best idea... but im bored of my ps2 slim.... i only play pro evolution soccer 5... and i dont lose against computer on 6 star or against any of my mates...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts