Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why this is stalling so much but the more time it takes the more frustrating it will become for fans and club. We dont need a media frenzy around us specially as the vultures of the premier league are already sniffing around.

Xavi was apparently offered a contract which guarantees 7 million Euros a season plus add on(s) depending on the success of the team this season. Both Xavi and his agent rejected this contract as they believe Xavi deserves a new contract which values the player for what he is.

The good part is that Xavi has told the club of his wish to retire at Barcelona. Barca need to realize that Xavi is no longer the kid who grew up in La Masia more than 15 years ago! This is Xavi hernandez the superstar now, orchestrator and engineer of both Barca's and Spain's midfield!

It would be unacceptable not to increase his salary as he deserves one that is close to Henry, Etoo and Messi's. If that doesn't happen then we'll start to hear some fireworks pretty soon in the media and we all know that there are people who are too desperate to bash us and create instability at every chance ( olympic spirit and messi spitting comes to mind).

There is also of course the premiership to consider- a country and league so deficient in technique and talent that they would pay 10s of millions to have somebody like Xavi- a midfielder type of which only exists in dreamland for them.

Step it Txiki and give this guy the contract he deserves

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
He doesn't need that kind of money, he still lives with his parents!!! I bet mum and dad are paying for food on the table, give them some extra money.

If I'd be Txiki, I would solve the situation quickly, and spare millions per year for Barca, I would offer his mum a contract for 1M per year which would oblige her not to move outside from Spain, let him than sign for English club if he has the balls!

Enough of free advice, Txiki, get your own ideas, be more creative!

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We must keep Xavi till he retire.He is simply the best middfielder in world.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Dont really how to comment the current situation. One point is that Xavi certainly deserves a big contract that would keep him happy then again 9M is a rather big amount of money....
Hopefully this shit will work itself out asap as we dont need distractions to the team and to our engine of the team. Hope the team will get the Busquets contract thingy sorted out as well

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Txiki will be burned in public if he lets Xavi go because of a money squabble.

Don't worry too much.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Well, Valdés, Eto'o, Márquez, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi (did I miss someone?), none of them renewed so far and some of them will certainly get as difficult as Xavi's negotiations...

Txiki has to speed it up a bit I think.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Messi had his contract renewed not too long ago, but it came out of nowhere. you didn't hear anything in the press, no comments from his agent or from the player. No leaks to the media about clubs that are interested in signing. nope, just one day it was released to the media that he had agreed to a new deal. Now that shows me somebody who really feels the shirt and is committed to stay and not create any problems. Then you have Xavi, bless his soul, who's been on form for about oh, 6 months now. All of a sudden we have to hear about it in the press, if it's not Manchester United, it's Arsenal and you don't have to tell me that Xavi has no problems with this being leaked, it's clear. He has 1 year and a half to go on his contract, so why should the club rush into this?

The example is already served; Guti and Raul with their lifelong contracts. Geez, why not play out the rest of the season and earn a raise. If messi is out of the team injured, who can replace him? If eto'o is out, who can be as effective in front of goal. If Xavi is out?? Well, I feel that we can replace him. Fine player, but to put him on the same wages as Messi or Eto'o is wrong. The example of henry is an example of someone on too high of wages, no need to put another on that level.

I don't know, this really has me pissed. When things are going well, time to ask for more money. Well then, why don't you give a refund to the club for the 2 years you spent in the wilderness doing f all for this club. Always in good standing, always "one who feels the shirt", well.....that's great, what a professional, well not everyone forgets.....and it's easy to find out which player was going out almost as much as Ronnie over the last few years if you want to find those things out.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Messi had his contract renewed not too long ago, but it came out of nowhere. you didn't hear anything in the press, no comments from his agent or from the player. No leaks to the media about clubs that are interested in signing. nope, just one day it was released to the media that he had agreed to a new deal. Now that shows me somebody who really feels the shirt and is committed to stay and not create any problems. Then you have Xavi, bless his soul, who's been on form for about oh, 6 months now. All of a sudden we have to hear about it in the press, if it's not Manchester United, it's Arsenal and you don't have to tell me that Xavi has no problems with this being leaked, it's clear. He has 1 year and a half to go on his contract, so why should the club rush into this?

The example is already served; Guti and Raul with their lifelong contracts. Geez, why not play out the rest of the season and earn a raise. If messi is out of the team injured, who can replace him? If eto'o is out, who can be as effective in front of goal. If Xavi is out?? Well, I feel that we can replace him. Fine player, but to put him on the same wages as Messi or Eto'o is wrong. The example of henry is an example of someone on too high of wages, no need to put another on that level.

I don't know, this really has me pissed. When things are going well, time to ask for more money. Well then, why don't you give a refund to the club for the 2 years you spent in the wilderness doing f all for this club. Always in good standing, always "one who feels the shirt", well.....that's great, what a professional, well not everyone forgets.....and it's easy to find out which player was going out almost as much as Ronnie over the last few years if you want to find those things out.
Messi as an example is not that brilliant as he is the highest earner of the club. Of course youre not going to whine about getting that much money. Xavis new contract would see him as the second highest player. And talking about replacing Xavi, id say it isnt that easy as there is no one in the world currently doing his job that good. Sure we could throw the injured Iniesta there, still would need to learn and come to terms there. We could sign Cesc for a fortune. Not that much more players there and in the end Xavi is the best so why go for a downgrade ?

In the end Xavi is as vital part of our machine as is Messi and Etoo and should get his money accordingly.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Wait, Xavi was offered 7 million PLUS bonuses and he said no? Uh...what? Isn't that an improvement of like 3-4 millions euros per year? WTF? I want to keep Xavi. But NOT for 9 million a year, is that a joke?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Hes trying his hardest to milk the club as it will be probably his last big contract. Cant really blame him though as he is in a good position being one of the foundations of the current team, in a form of his life for about 6 months and running, being catalan etc.

The point is that he will get his salary wishes as there are a lot of clubs willing to pay him his demands and then some more. Luckily for us he doesnt want to leave.

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
If he was a Brazilian (or Argie, it doesn´t matter) 'superstar' they would pay him what he demands, but there are problems since he´s a Spanish canterano (?). And public opinion see as normal that those players demand high wages, why not him?

I´m always against the players asking for too much money but no excuses here. Pay Xavi what he deserves, he´s the big star of the team along with Messi and Etoo. And no, we have no other Xavi. Not even Iniesta, who is a different thing, and not even Cesc, who is an Arsenal player as much as I know.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I agree with CarlosMiguel.

Xavier owes a lot to the Club. The player with the most comfortable position in world football, plays in the biggest club, guaranteed a starting spot regardless of his competition, and God forbid you should criticize him.

A very loyal player :rolleyes: . and btw, he wants Dinho's wages? Is there a lot of inflation in Spain?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Let's not forget though that giving several players excessive wages was what put us in such a bad position financially under Gaspart. All this talk about the club needing Xavi let's not forget that he owes it alot as well. Where was Xavi when we went on that CL winning run? Oh right he was injured in all the decisive final matches so he wasn't a huge part in our only CL win this decade.

He has zero marketing pull and is 28 years old so he want's that final lucrative contract it seems but €9m is reserved for players like Messi and Ronaldinho in his prime, not players like Xavi even if he plays at his current level but for how long? What if he returns to the same useless Xavi under the final Rijkaard years next season and after that? You cannot bench a €9m a year player afterall.

I initially thought that these were just standard Marca fodder but it seems these reports have some meat to them after all?The Euros seems to have made him a bit too greedy if these reports are true. Ironically when the club's finally out of debt everyone and their mothers suddenly wants monster wages.

/End rant.

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
Xavier owes a lot to the Club.
Messi and Etoo owe a lot to the Club too, what´s the point there?

All the players owe "something" to their club.

What I see here is that he has no right to demand more money because he´s a true barcelonist? If that´s the case, I´d say he has even more rights :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Messi and Etoo owe a lot to the Club too, what´s the point there?

All the players owe "something" to their club.

What I see here is that he has no right to demand more money because he´s a true barcelonist? If that´s the case, I´d say he has even more rights :rolleyes:
The point is that Messi and Eto'o are players of a different calibre than Xavi. They're more important than him and they deserve their wages for all the pull they have on the pitch. It's not even a comparison.

I wouldn't say all players owe something, it's different from case to case. Xavi does, though. Like I said, he has been untouchable in the biggest team, never criticized and almost always praised. And like Leckan said, where was Xavi until a couple of months ago? And don't bring Spanish NT into this because it has no relevance here. Xavi didn't do nearly enough to get what he's asking for. He's trying to take advantage of his EURO performance, while forgeting all those times when his ass should have been glued down to the bench. I mean seriously, what other player has a cemented spot in the Barca squad other than him? And on top of it he wants Ronaldinho's wages.

You mention our double standards but apply your own. Messi is a true cule as well and he has the right to demand anything because of what he gives back on the pitch. Xavi not so much.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
9 million euro's per year for Xavi is way excessive. Like some said here, he hasn't been consistent at all the last few years. And I doubt there are many clubs that would pay him this amount, hell Milan pays Ronaldinho (who has huge marketing pull) only 6,5 million euros a year, and consider upgrading it to 8 million.

Btw I'm hearing this Orobitg name a little too much lately, and googling him, he is the agent of Busquets, Guardiola, Xavi and many more lol. Incidently we have problems renewing Busquets and Xavi, and we have Guardiola declaring Xavi indispensable. :pp

·
Registered
69,969 Posts
never criticized and almost always praised.
What´s that rubbish? He gets criticized like the rest, the thing is that he hardly plays bad to get critiziced. Etoo and Messi are almost always praised too and much more than him.

I wouldn't say all players owe something, it's different from case to case. Xavi does, though
Messi and Etoo too, though.

And don't bring Spanish NT into this because it has no relevance here.
Nobody talked about Spanish NT.

And on top of it he wants Ronaldinho's wages.
For God´s sake and what´s the sin there? :howler: Who the hell is Ronaldinho? He was a shame of professional in his last 2 years. He can´t even compare to Etoo or Messi. If someone didn´t deserve the money was Ronaldinho.

Messi is a true cule as well and he has the right to demand anything because of what he gives back on the pitch. Xavi not so much.
That´s your very own opinion. Others can think different.

They're more important than him and they deserve their wages for all the pull they have on the pitch.
They deserve the wages because they are great players. Xavi is a great player too. What´s the difference? They score goals? He has to score 20 goals in the season to deserve the money? How many goals come from an exceptional pass by Xavi?

It's not even a comparison
There is a comparison. I´m doing it now.

He has zero marketing pull and is 28 years old
If marketing is the answer for all, it´s ok. That´s the football we have and we deserve.

28 is an excellent age for a footballer btw and still has like 5-6 years of good football.

If Barça has an unique style nowadays is thanks to players like Xavi, who is the maximum exponent of Barça school and style. To fairly match a canterano salary with the big stars would be a huge step forward imo. But let´s pay Figos and Ronaldinhos all what they want instead, while they laugh at us. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Kopriva you make it sound as if Xavi was an unknown figure, a Oleguer for our team all these years? Hes always been an important first team player for us. What you fellows fail to realize is that our style of play is pretty much built around one player and that player in question is Xavi who now happens to want a paycheck according to his importance to the team. Maybe he wasnt the key player in 2005/06 but then again his wages werent either of a key player. Now he is a key player and wants the wages of a key player also. Hes not benched in key games because there is no one in the team to bench him because he is a class above his contenders.

Wtf you mean that Messi and Etoo are players of different caliber ? He is currently the king of his style of play, the best there is. Currently i believe all 3 would walk into any team in the world. And why shouldnt the summer euros be taken into consideration, a tournament where he was voted MVP ? He showed hes class there and he is continuing to show his class with barca also. Have you guys lately watched how many goals and assists has Xavi managed to get this year ?

And why in the fvck are you saying Xavi owes the club ? Has he not been a good player and a good servant for the club? The club owes him that much in return for the services he has offered to Barca. Should he get lower wages because hes from la masia and hes catalan ? Should he therefore owe the club some more ? "Fvck those boys, they play for free cause their catalan"; "The only reward they need is getting to train with Messi and Etoo and to play in Camp Nou" ?

Speaking for Ronnies wages, he did fvck all for 2 years in a row, he had a god damn beerbelly and was a mess of a player and a person. How many games did he play last season for barca?
Thats why he got only 6.5 M yearly wages.

End of rant

1 - 20 of 86 Posts