Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and that's why the hit the market here once again. Well, Günther Friesenbichler is second in the scorer list of our 2nd division. He is nowhere near a NT call and at 23 not the most fresh of talent anymore.

Anyways, Xanthi gave him a no less than 5 years contract. Maybe wise, as both mediocre chap oldies Leitner and Gager surprised us with their upwing in Xanthi. So why not Friesenbichler. I know nothing about the current Xanthi strikers, so I hope he will find first team play, however, he would not in our highest league, so I doubt he will in Xanthi.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
:D
I mean, Friesenbichler, I mean, come on, Friesenbichler, I mean... :D

Seriously, the guy´s an interesting player. Don´t know if it´s him or his brother, but one of the Friesenbichler´s extremely talented, had a lot of bad luck with horrible injuries though...
Must be him, the younger one :undecide:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...I still prefer Bruno. Has just a better first name to go with Friesenbichler....... ;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I hope Friesenbichler will succeed. Horror for Greek tongues...:D

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Not really. But Xanthi seem to work magic...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
With Labriakos, Ouakili and Bah around I don't see him getting many games to begin with though... who knows...

:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...very true, Amo. I bet no one over here would have believed in Gager, already dropped to second division and fading, become a factor. I would have had all my money he will only play against g-country tourists on the beach. But that bet would have gone wrong. So let's see what Friesenbichler can do, but him succeeding in finding a first team sport would be even more surprising that Gager's....

;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Gager is not really a factor. He is in and out of the line up and there are chances Xanthi might oust him in the summer. Leitner is a starter though, and he has done very good.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like Leitner doing good. He was one of the very few remaining "genuine" FAK players. You know, when a player plays for many, many years in all kinds of different squads for the team, some nostalgia bonus is added to him by the fans. This was the case with Leitner, so almost everybody liked him despite of him doing only very average. We always did some reasoning, lying into our own pockets of him being a good fighter and thus being important. In fact we just loved the nostalgia......

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts