Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About spanish failures, i really like Xabi Alonsos thoughts on the subject:

It´s the question everyone asks - and Xabi Alonso is no different. Why have Spain so consistently underachived at major tournaments? He shrugs: "We all ask ourselves that and i´m not sure there is one defintive answer. You have to examine it tournament by tournament. People come up with all sorts of theories but i think it´s more about the football itself. When it has mattered, we haven´t measured up.

"Hearing about failure all the time makes a difference too", he continues. "If the spanish national team had done better historically, maybe the mentality would be different. It could be that there´s a bit of fatalism, that by always talking about failure we fail to demand success."

And then, of course, there´s the referees. Spain ended the last world cup indignant at what they considered an act of daylight robbery against South Korea. Xabi, who watched from home, prefers to forget. "Everybody who witnessed the game will have their own thoughts. I prefer not to comment and to let people draw their own conclusions", he says. "My reaction was one of great disappointment. To be so close to the semi-finals and miss out that really hurts. It´s best not to even think about it, to look forward and try to change history this summer."

http://spaces.msn.com/worldcup-es-uk/blog/

I´m with Xabi on this one. I have mainly the same thoughts. Let´s change history this summer and that we, the fans, belive in it´s possibility :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
IlPrincipe said:
Can´t really understand why it should be a fake.

Cúled,

?

because i first thought Xabi's diary would be hosted on a domain like xabialonso.com or something like that.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
valenciaholic said:
What is this a football diary??
yes

valenciaholic said:
Why doesn't he just take interviews?
he does, but it comes with living in the 21st century to communicate on many different mediums.

valenciaholic said:
Seems a bit girlish for a defensive midfieldler.
:googly: if that is girlish what is guti :lala:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts