Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know how people rate him, personaly I think he is better than Gerrard, and top 3 CM in the WORLD and defently the best passer in the world.

what ya think?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
More or less agree (along the lines of top 5 if not top 3, one of the best passers, if not the best). When he is top form he is a very special player indeed. Problem is he's been injured too often this season, this could have been the season he confirmed what you say.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Awesome player. Crazy that United did not even try to sign him, even though Fergie confirmed that they were interested in him:(

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Maybe it isn't the time to say he is the best yet, but he's definitely got the potential to be the best. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well he's just amazing, shame that Lampard broke his foot, although he did apologise for it afterwards and even called Alonso to check up on him

·
Registered
625 Posts
Casillas said:
Maybe it isn't the time to say he is the best yet, but he's definitely got the potential to be the best. ;)
I agree with you.
He is a great ball distributer. One of the best long ball passers in the world. However, definitely the best passer in the world? Maybe it goes a bit too far. One of the best ? Yes.

IMO Pirlo is as good as ball distributer, and he has better playmaking ability and more creativity. Pirlo is better than Alonso as a deep lying playmaker. I see Pirlo is better in the following areas.

1) ball controll
Take Liverpool vs Tottenham as example, Alonso lost ball easily a few time. He was only being pressed by one opponent player and he was in a good position to protect the ball, yet he failed. Pirlo , and Xavi both have better ball control than Alonso. I rarely see Pirlo lost a ball in such situation, i.e. in wide space, only pressed by one player.

2) one footed
It's safe to say Pirlo is a better both footed passer. It seems to me Alonso just doesn't like his left foot. There was a scene vs Tottenham, where he received a ball close to the left side of the box, it was perfect to cross with left foot, but he chose to pass with the outside of his right, and the quality of that pass was bad. In that situation, Pirlo will definitely cross with his left because he is comfortable with passing with both feet.

3) creative pass
Most of Alonso pass are purely distributing the ball, not many are defense splitting. How many assists does he have? Pirlo and he play at the same position, I think Pirlo has more dangerous pass, more end products.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Definatly world-class. Not sure if he is better then Gerrard but is surely top 5 CM in the world.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Alonso and Pirlo are great passers? Good joke..
Have you guys ever seen Beckham's passing?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
beckham mania said:
Oh god..

Not again! :sigh: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
beckham mania said:
I have seen it and I must admit I was bewildered. :eek:

I doubt there is anybody else in the world who can send a 70-yard, stylish through pass into row Z of the stadium.

Well done Becks. :thmbup:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not again. How many of this european's are best passer of the ball, best freek-kick taker, best header or some crap along those lines. Europeans are snobs and think everything related to football revolves around their continent. Some loser is even claiming that 5 english players are top 5 defenders in the world. Come next summer, Brazil is going to have more than half "unknown" players in their squad who play in their not so popular league and run away with the wc. Spain, if they ever get there, will not make it past the knock-out stages with all those "he is definitely top 3 in the world". The world does not revolve around serie A, epl, and la liga. How annoying

·
Registered
687 Posts
papa said:
Not again. How many of this european's are best passer of the ball, best freek-kick taker, best header or some crap along those lines. Europeans are snobs and think everything related to football revolves around their continent. Some loser is even claiming that 5 english players are top 5 defenders in the world. Come next summer, Brazil is going to have more than half "unknown" players in their squad who play in their not so popular league and run away with the wc. Spain, if they ever get there, will not make it past the knock-out stages with all those "he is definitely top 3 in the world". The world does not revolve around serie A, epl, and la liga. How annoying

But all the best players do play in Europe.. Ronaldinho don't play in Brazilian league for god sake.. So why not the standard must be set by Serie A, EPL and La Liga? If you perform outstanding in other league you get to play in Serie A, EPL or La Liga. Be it because of money or anything but still the best are here..

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
I want to know how people rate him, personaly I think he is better than Gerrard, and top 3 CM in the WORLD and defently the best passer in the world.

what ya think?
I don't know if overall he's better than Gerrard, but Xabi Alonso has more football in his head for sure. There are few players in the world who have a vision of the game like Alonso. It's the most similar thing to Guardiola (a bit worse, more inconsitent) that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Casillas said:
Oh god..

Not again! :sigh: :tongue:
I couldn't resist it..Come on.. they are talking about the best passer in the world and how could i just ignore it and leave out that best right foot in the world. :tongue:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I don't know if overall he's better than Gerrard, but Xabi Alonso has more football in his head for sure. There are few players in the world who have a vision of the game like Alonso. It's the most similar thing to Guardiola (a bit worse, more inconsitent) that I've ever seen.

true.. For all the skills gerrard possess, he could be a headless chicken sometimes, making wrong passes and giving the ball away.. But Xabi Alonso is more clever player.. he makes right passes at right time.. If you see the stats you can usually get Gerrard having passing succession below 80% and Alonso more than 80%..

Gerrard can be a better player than Alonso if he uses his head more. But what the heck.. We have two of the best midfielders in the world.. Oh yeahhhhh

·
Registered
365 Posts
beckham mania said:
But all the best players do play in Europe.. Ronaldinho don't play in Brazilian league for god sake.. So why not the standard must be set by Serie A, EPL and La Liga? If you perform outstanding in other league you get to play in Serie A, EPL or La Liga. Be it because of money or anything but still the best are here..
The last time Brazil took what belongs to them, more than half of their players were playing outside serie A, la liga, and epl. Where were all those great europeans who play in the top three leagues in the world :rolleyes: . Then Greece came and embarassed those super players again who play in the top three leagues. Why not get a chance to watch football outside epl,la liga and serie z before making this ridiculous conclusions. The loser who is calling himself Xabi_alonso did not even know such a player exist until this season and now he is top 3 only because of 0-0 draw with Juve.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts