Xtratime Community banner

WWE's Favorite Sportsperson

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Djokobot obv
Forgot about him. Tbf I wondered recently if Athlete of the Year awards have any relevance in light of football's supremacy. A study made almost 20 years ago (iirc) showed that there are 265 million kids in football academies around the world. As a comparison to with another popular sport such as boxing, a teenage bench player from Real Madrid has far more instagram followers than Boxing's no.1 p4p boxer in the world (talking about Vinicius Junior). In fact Joshua is the only active boxer with more followers than Vinnie( he has more than the likes of Paquiao or Canelo). Outside football, Lebron James is the only active sportsman on the planet with more IG followers than Marcelo. The money invested in football uniformly, paired with the number of followers (about as many as Christianity) take it to another level.

I think Tennis might be comparable, but don't know the actual numbers. (heard there were like 50 million kids a few decades ago).

The question still stands; how many other people do you actually beat to be among the best of your sport, compared to the greatest football players of their generation, who bested hundreds of millions of competitors?

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Djokovic, Khabib, Lomachenko, Sadulaev for starters.
Just no. Second best (if that) in a sport like MMA doesn't compare with a world class football player. Khabib himself said he'd have to to defend his title for another 10 years before he can compare with the best of football.

·
Registered
12,620 Posts

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
If we're going by who is the most dominant EE athlete today, with no bias involved, it's Cristina Neagu. She is the certified GOAT of female handball.

I don't think any other active EE athlete is the greatest of his sport.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts