Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
48,833 Posts
so Estonia is currently leading the coronavirus infections per capita race in WWE

I guess our testing has been pretty good (apparently we are 3rd per capita in the world after SKorea and Italy in tests made)

still it has mostly been old people and people in key jobs who have gotten tested...for regular young people it's almost impossible right now. so it's very far from giving a realistic picture even here.

it's fair to say that when it comes to most other EE countries then those stats are basically worthless...there must be thousands of infections by now in many of those countries.

good news is that no deaths and only around 10 people hospitalized here in Estonia...for 283 confirmed infections.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Italy had already closed everything . Only had left fabrics opened that produced food and products, few food shops ect... Now they’re only leaving essential productive services like food , markets (even markets will be closing down few days a week and be opened less hours a day) . The motors of the economy now are running at it’s lowest, the only remaining thing to do is shutting everything down but the results would be devastating not only economical but in food shortages... people didn’t understand or take it seriously enough at the begining and they kept going out... now the consequences still to be seen, only in Lombardy there must be at least 200k infected. Now it’s left only using repressive measures ... i’m stuck in Albania btw. It’s been a month here already. Hopefully the measures taken here will slow down the virus and keep it under control.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I had a mild cold in the last few days but it was from exposure to the wind outside onto my chest. Thankfully it's nothing serious. And my symptoms were that of a regular flu.

Naturally my parents came up with some mad Balkvnt remedies and quarantine in case the worst happened.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Italy had already closed everything . Only had left fabrics opened that produced food and products, few food shops ect... Now they’re only leaving essential productive services like food , markets (even markets will be closing down few days a week and be opened less hours a day) . The motors of the economy now are running at it’s lowest, the only remaining thing to do is shutting everything down but the results would be devastating not only economical but in food shortages... people didn’t understand or take it seriously enough at the begining and they kept going out... now the consequences still to be seen, only in Lombardy there must be at least 200k infected. Now it’s left only using repressive measures ... i’m stuck in Albania btw. It’s been a month here already. Hopefully the measures taken here will slow down the virus and keep it under control.
I heard somewhere that an Italian mayor or politician encouraged a "hug an Asian" policy in the early stages of the crisis to show tolerance and that Italians were not racist... cannot be true, can it?

·
Registered
30,441 Posts
I heard somewhere that an Italian mayor or politician encouraged a "hug an Asian" policy in the early stages of the crisis to show tolerance and that Italians were not racist... cannot be true, can it?

Of course, it's true. Western woke idiocy. PRC state organs (here Global Times) exploiting it. Welcome to the future... and don't complain about it, that would be racist.

·
Registered
69,078 Posts
Here in the US there were these 'ultra liberal' politicians, like AOC, calling people racist for not eating at Chinese restaurants, then of course a few days later these same politicians are lecturing us to stay in the house and not go out in public places :censored:

·
dinamo67
9,120 Posts
Here in the US there were these 'ultra liberal' politicians, like AOC, calling people racist for not eating at Chinese restaurants, then of course a few days later these same politicians are lecturing us to stay in the house and not go out in public places :censored:
How about those dems blocking the stimulus package because Pelosi flew in the last second and for some reason senate dems went along with it. Her package is filled with all sorts of unnecessary crap.

Trump 2020.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts

Of course, it's true. Western woke idiocy. PRC state organs (here Global Times) exploiting it. Welcome to the future... and don't complain about it, that would
such stupidity with SARS, MERS, swine flu, bird flu etc. all having occurred in recent memory... unfathomable

as for the racist label people in the West are either overeager to apply or timid to the point of inactivity for fear of being labelled as one, let's see how their own treat such a serious threat -->

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
How about those dems blocking the stimulus package because Pelosi flew in the last second and for some reason senate dems went along with it. Her package is filled with all sorts of unnecessary crap.

Trump 2020.
for utter stupidity at least, I think we in Sydney have your woke leftist identitarians beat... 2700 people were allowed to disembark from a cruise ship in the centre of the city and to go home with some Covid-19 tests undertaken... why? they were deemed as low risk even though passengers were showing symptoms... unfortunately, when the tests came back, they indicated at least 3 passengers and 1 crew member were infected... since then, over 130 passengers have been identified as infected with one woman already dying

·
Registered
30,441 Posts
such stupidity with SARS, MERS, swine flu, bird flu etc. all having occurred in recent memory... unfathomable

as for the racist label people in the West are either overeager to apply or timid to the point of inactivity for fear of being labelled as one, let's see how their own treat such a serious threat -->

A Chinese mayor who did what Nardello did would be sent to a camp, but Chinese state media celebrate the Italian, of course.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts