Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I think our ladies will win!:proud:

Over the whole WC they played solid in the back and rocked in the offense!

But it will be a tough match, the Sweds are not for fun in the final...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Go Germany!!

LIT said:
I think our ladies will win!:proud:

Over the whole WC they played solid in the back and rocked in the offense!
I saw all five of Germany's WC matches and I agree with you LIT[/b ]. Germany played a great match against the U.S. in the semis. On Sunday that was a brilliant goal scored by Garefrekes off of the corner kick served in so beautifully by the Karlsruhe girl, Renate Lingor. Great finishes as well by Meinert and Prinz to put the match away. :cool:

I'll be wearing my Karlsruher SC jersey over my Boston Breakers shirt and will have a Carolina Courage pin and a Breakers pin in my Founders Cup 3 cap on Sunday while I cheer at the Home Depot Center for Lingor, Meinert, Prinz, Sandra Minnert and Conny Pohlers to defeat those much hated Swedes. ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
The obvious bet would be on Germany as they been more impressive and is simply better. But football is not always logic.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6 of our 9 poll respondents correctly predicted Germany to win over Sweden (and three of those also correctly picked USA over Canada)

Germany started off slowly, and let Sweden get the first goal (just as they had let Canada score the first goal back in the first game of Group C). But they never gave up, and in the end I think the result was fair.

Kudos to Sweden for coming up with a big game and nearly causing an upset.

Watch for Germany and Sweden in the Olympics next year!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i thought it was a great game

the whole tournamanet has been excellent IMO. the standard has improved greatly since last time round and there were a lot of very talented individuals on display

germany had more of the territory, sweden hit with a number counter attacks - svensson and ljungberg are bloody good!

in terms of chances it was pretty even, would not have been unfair at all if sweden had won the game, but the germans have been the best side in the tournament so deserved the win

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
What a match!!!!:eek:

Really a joy to watch!

Good comeback from the german ladies after being down 1:0!

The sweds were great, too!

Especially with the counters over Svensson and Ljungberg :sweeteyes: :D

And IMO the swedish girls are the more cute...:flirt: :sweeteye: :kiss: :angel: :D

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
LIT said:
And IMO the swedish girls are the more cute...:flirt: :sweeteye: :kiss: :angel: :D
10 years ago they all looked like men. :D and all where lesbians. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Auf Geht's Deutschland!!

nordby1 said:

I'll be wearing my Karlsruher SC jersey over my Boston Breakers shirt and will have a Carolina Courage pin and a Breakers pin in my Founders Cup 3 cap on Sunday while I cheer at the Home Depot Center for Lingor, Meinert, Prinz, Sandra Minnert and Conny Pohlers to defeat those much hated Swedes. ;)
Before the match I ended up meeting Renate Lingor's family and they were very impressed that I was wearing a Karlsruher SC jersey and asked me to take a picture with them. :)Then after the match I had the great opportunity to meet Renate. :cool: It turned out that Saturday was Renate's 28th birthday and she celebrated in style by winning the WWC after serving in a beautiful assist to Nia Kuenzer for Germany's Golden Goal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
After watching the swedish women play. I can see why they call it the Beautifull game. :D

Germany played well and deserved the win, but hats off to Sweden they made it an entertaining match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts