Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Thanks, Nap :)

It's too early to expound but I have the feeling you Rays have an easy match on opening day. Then again, never underestimate Dagny Mellgren ... well, we shall see.

Catch you on Sunday May 5th when San Jose comes to New Yawh!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Playing W/O Ragnhild??

Bonita said:
Thanks, Nap :)

It's too early to expound but I have the feeling you Rays have an easy match on opening day. Then again, never underestimate Dagny Mellgren ... well, we shall see.
Boston will be a much more dangerous team to play after Ragnhild Gulbrandsen joins the club. It is interesting to note that Trondheims-Ørn agreed to let Unni Lehn join the Courage after the quarterfinals of the UEFA Club Championships, but has not agreed to let Ragnhild transfer over to the Breakers until after Ørn has either won or been eliminated from the Championships. This means that Boston might have to play close to half of their season without Gulbrandsen.

·
Registered
236 Posts
(Schedule subject to change)

Nap said:
Since the two west coast teams have to travel more than the six other teams do, I have a suggestion that would help reduce the amount of traveling the Spirit has to do during the last couple weeks of the season.

Here is the Spirit's current schedule for their last five matches of the season:

Saturday, July 27
San Diego at Washington -- 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday, July 31
Atlanta at San Diego -- 10:00 p.m.

Saturday, August 3
San Diego at Philadelphia -- 7:00 p.m.

Wednesday, August 7
San Diego at Atlanta -- 7:00 p.m.

Sunday, August 11
Carolina at San Diego -- 8:00 p.m.

I don't think that it makes much sense to have Atlanta play in San Diego July 31 instead of August 7th!?!?! :confused:

One of the Spirit's trips back and forth from the east coast to the west coast could easily be eliminated if the locations of the July 31st and August 7th matches were simply switched.

I would think that since both the Spirit and the Beat will be playing on college campuses this season, there probably won't be any conflicts with field use for mid-week matches played during the summer. Making this minor change to the schedule would reduce the number of travel days for the Spirit at the end of the season and more importantly for the WUSA, it could also save the league some $$$!! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts