Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is an English thing, cause I've never seen anyone else say it. Sometimes when a goal is scored, someone will say "get in!!!!!11". Get in where? And what are we even talking about? If you're talking about the ball, then it's too late to make that comment cause it's already in. So what is the point?

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
it can also be

'GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' ;)

which is easier to understand

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
The phrase I use the most is "Fúcks sake (Insert City player)" followed by 20 or so swear words.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Its a sexual reference, we're all pervs who want to see footballers shag the ball. :thumbsup:

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
A Crystal Palace player once "shagged the ball" into the net. Must be a Southern thing.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I think this is an English thing, cause I've never seen anyone else say it. Sometimes when a goal is scored, someone will say "get in!!!!!11". Get in where? And what are we even talking about? If you're talking about the ball, then it's too late to make that comment cause it's already in. So what is the point?
Stop complaining. At least you don't have to listen to Andres Cantor scream GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL for a full minute after every score.

It was cute the first 2 or 3 times I heard it, but now I wish he'd put a plug in it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Stop complaining. At least you don't have to listen to Andres Cantor scream GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL for a full minute after every score.

It was cute the first 2 or 3 times I heard it, but now I wish he'd put a plug in it.
lol it's so funny listening to commentators in other languages shouting goooooooooooooooooooool, goooooooooooooool, goooooooooool. Even the announcers in the stadium. I think the English ones should try it once, it would be funny.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
"get in you dirty c*nt" is my favourite, there's quite a lot going on there.

·
63,337 Posts
controversial stuff that ILA, you ever tried to jump on a table while doing that?

·
63,337 Posts
I watched plenty of games in my kitchen when I had cable, I had a dodgy ondigital box I bought just for the football, CL games and that's the room I kept it in ;)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
ah...OnDigital...

I've still got my box. It still works to this day. Authentic machinery that..:)

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
lol it's so funny listening to commentators in other languages shouting goooooooooooooooooooool, goooooooooooooool, goooooooooool. Even the announcers in the stadium. I think the English ones should try it once, it would be funny.
There's an English commentator on Real Madrid TV that sometimes has half-hearted efforts in sounding like a Spanish commentator when a goal goes in. The Argies do it best though.

"get in you dirty c*nt" is my favourite, there's quite a lot going on there.
:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts