Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FACCHETTI: "NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE..."
Saturday, 25 February 2006 16:22:58
MILAN - "I hadn't seen this before." Giacinto Facchetti was concise in his comments on the CAF's decision to restore Adriano's two-match suspension. "In all these years of football I have seen a lot of things that I haven't liked, but I had never seen those which, unfortunately, I have seen this week."

-----------------------------------------------------------

hope to see italy hope's for the WC destroyed by the refs

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
On one hand, I might be stupid or something, but I don't understand how a slap to a hand covering a face can be considered "friendly".

What is he doing, GIVING HIM HIGH FIVE?

On the other hand, the fact that there was an appeal to a rejection of a ban is troubling. I have no allegiance to Italia as there is, as I once was a fan b/c of the players on Inter, which there are none now.

That said, I hope the USA kicks the Italians' ass. And we will. Mark my words. They will be kneeling after we finish with them.

They said we couldn't do it. We did it to Portugal.

They said we couldn't do it. We did it to Mexico.

They said we couldn't do it. Without a handball off the line and a goal against the run of play, we did it to Germany.

End of story.

We will conquer. Who we scared of. No one. I say no one. Cuz we are the best. Arrogant and ****ing the men. We are gonna rock and there ain't no one stoppping us. **** everyone.

·
Banned
734 Posts
2T said:
FACCHETTI: "NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE..."
Saturday, 25 February 2006 16:22:58
MILAN - "I hadn't seen this before." Giacinto Facchetti was concise in his comments on the CAF's decision to restore Adriano's two-match suspension. "In all these years of football I have seen a lot of things that I haven't liked, but I had never seen those which, unfortunately, I have seen this week."

-----------------------------------------------------------

hope to see italy hope's for the WC destroyed by the refs

adriano is shit anyway, inter are better without him anyway, and f*** off if you wish that about italy

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
roma/totti said:
adriano is shit anyway, inter are better without him anyway, and f*** off if you wish that about italy
well football in italy is corrupted and only a maniac like u could think otherwise

being beaten by south korea in WC2002 is god panishment for what they did to inter in all these years. I hope they get to the WC final and get beated by some stupid decision from the ref. in second thought I hope they get kicked out in the group stage they don't deserve finishing second.

·
Banned
734 Posts
2T said:
well football in italy is corrupted and only a maniac like u could think otherwise

being beaten by south korea in WC2002 is god panishment for what they did to inter in all these years. I hope they get to the WC final and get beated by some stupid decision from the ref. in second thought I hope they get kicked out in the group stage they don't deserve finishing second.
adriano sucks get it threw your head, heck id be happy is his shit ass was suspended for 2-3 games if i were an inter fan

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
roma/totti said:
adriano sucks get it threw your head, heck id be happy is his shit ass was suspended for 2-3 games if i were an inter fan
Adriano needs the rest. That said, you are still a complete idiot for your earlier statements regarding Italians and their "superiority" over other players.

·
Banned
734 Posts
Al Capone said:
Adriano needs the rest. That said, you are still a complete idiot for your earlier statements regarding Italians and their "superiority" over other players.

adriano is consistently out of form, he will show up for 2-3 games and for 10 games do nothing. hes crap and overated.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
roma/totti said:
adriano is consistently out of form, he will show up for 2-3 games and for 10 games do nothing. hes crap and overated.
So if you were Inter what would you do?

Please give me some insight.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Adriano for Cassano...are you kidding me?

The Real fans would not accept that. It's not even believable. Do you actually think its possible?

·
Banned
734 Posts
Al Capone said:
Adriano for Cassano...are you kidding me?

The Real fans would not accept that. It's not even believable. Do you actually think its possible?
heck with the man in charge of inter, that moron anything is possible. but no you are right real don't want to get ripped off

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Adriano ban reinstated Saturday 25 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adriano will have to sit out the next two Serie A games after the ban was reinstated on appeal.

The Inter striker had originally been given the suspension when he was caught on camera slapping Livorno defender Alessandro Grandoni during the 0-0 draw at the Stadio Armando Picchi last weekend.

The Nerazzurri had won their appeal to revoke the punishment, as the court considered the gesture “unlikely to cause harm” as it struck Grandoni on the hand.

However, the FIGC took its own appeal to the CAF, claiming the intention was to strike the defender on the face and his hand merely got in the way.

This afternoon the CAF agreed with this theory and has reinstated the two-match ban. Adriano will miss Sunday’s match with Udinese and crucially next week’s clash against Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

"In all my years of football I have seen many things I did not agree with and didn't like, but this one is new," said a sarcastic President Giacinto Facchetti.

Meanwhile, the Nerazzurri will also be without goalkeeper Julio Cesar and midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron for tomorrow’s tie.

Inter squad: 1 Francesco Toldo, 22 Paolo Orlandoni; 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 33 Pierre Wome; 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Luis Figo, 8 David Pizarro, 18 Kily Gonzalez, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Santiago Solari, 31 Cesar; 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 30 Obafemi Martins

channel4

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
what a difference a few weeks and key loses makes. Youd think Adriano had the plague or something. You could probably get Cassano and money for Adriano from Madrid.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
CAF RESTORES ADRIANO BAN
Saturday, 25 February 2006 16:14:44
MILAN - The CAF (Federal Appeals Commission) has 'restored' Adriano's two-match suspension after listening to an appeal submitted by the Italian FA over the Disciplinary Commission's decision to annul the ban. The Brazilian striker will therefore miss Inter's home match against Udinese and next Sunday's away match against Roma.

inter.it

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
From now on Im gonna stop supporting Italy. Balls to them.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
GUESS WHAT:

Moratti: You are a legend. That is one person I want to be like. He's responsible and moral.

Moratti: A LEGEND

MORATTI: "TOTALE MANCANZA DI RISPETTO"
Sabato, 25 Febbraio 2006 23:31:51
[FOTO Sabato, 25 Febbraio 2006 23:31:51]

MILANO – Non è rabbia, vittimismo o rassegnazione. È constatazione dei fatti, di una piccola cosa trasformata in un grande caso giuridico del quale se ne parla già in tutto il mondo del pallone. Adriano prima squalificato, poi riqualificato, infine nuovamente squalificato, a 24 ore da una gara di Campionato (ovvero oggi per domani): mai visto prima. L'attaccante colpevole di una intenzione più determinante della sensazione provata e raccontata, subito, dall’avversario, Grandoni del Livorno. L'accusato scagionato dalla vittima, ma non conta, non fa letteratura, non è contemplato dalle regole. Tre gradini di giudizio, tre pareri diversi in cinque giorni. Queste sì che sono regole. Forse non è neanche il caso di considerare una sorpresa quella trovata da Adriano, dall’Inter e dai suoi tifosi in fondo alla settimana e prima della partita con l’Udinese. E’ solo la chiusura di un cerchio? Sostiene Giacinto Facchetti di averne viste tante e "questa proprio mi mancava". Massimo Moratti, in tarda serata, parla di "rispetto". Chiaramente l'Inter non è stata rispettata: per quale motivo dovrebbe rispettare ancora?
"Una situazione grottesca, singolare nel senso più critico del termine – dichiara Moratti ai microfoni Rai -. Viene danneggiato il calciatore dal punto di vista psicologico, come era già stato danneggiato prima della gara di Champions ad Amsterdam. Prima squalificato, poi prosciolto, quindi ancora squalificato a poche ore da un'altra gara. Vicenda singolare, strana. E’ chiaro un fatto: la totale mancanza di rispetto nei confronti della società. La mia reazione è sincera, la più semplice: totale mancanza di rispetto nei confronti della Federazione e dei suoi meccanismi che hanno prodotto questa cosa. Non c’è nessuna rabbia, è logica. Accetto qualsiasi tipo di giustificazione, non questi cambiamenti in corsa, questa doccia scozzese per il calciatore, questa mancanza di rispetto per la società, per un club italiano che martedì era alla vigilia di una gara di Champions, che domani deve giocare in Campionato e che sta sempre più malvolentieri in questa federazione".

IN SHORT: Moratti: If the Italian Federation won't show respect to us, then we won't show respect to them. Simple. We don't care about the Federation anymore.

·
Registered
57,726 Posts
Adriano does deserve to be banned because he clearly slapped Grandoni.

BUT

Why was the ban lifted and then restored! I mean, did Livorno file a complaint or something ? On what basis Did CAF restore the ban ? I just don't get this one in all honesty...

Anyway, 3 goals today up their culo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Italian federation is a a laughing stock. italians act like babies, can´t get anything right those corrupt hypocrits...and whats more stupid is that this decision is the best for Inter since Mancini wouldn´t rest Adriano if it depended on his life

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Moratti declares war on FIGC Sunday 26 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter patron Massimo Moratti has declared war on the FIGC over their “grotesque” handling of Adriano’s two-match ban.

The suspension using TV evidence for his slap on Livorno’s Alessandro Grandoni was revoked on appeal, but the Federation went to the CAF court with their own action and had the ban reinstated.

“One fact is very clear: there is a lack of respect for our club,” snapped the oil baron. “We will react to this by showing no respect towards the Federation. This is a grotesque situation, certainly unique, that has psychologically damaged the player.”

Adriano will now miss out on today’s encounter with Udinese and, more importantly, next week’s clash with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

“The ban was announced on the day he was set to play against Ajax in the Champions League, then it was taken away and just hours before the Serie A game he discovers he’s suspended again. This lets you know how strange the whole affair is. The FIGC is not acting in the best interests of its club in Europe.”

The Nerazzurri were already furious this month over supposed refereeing errors in their 2-1 defeat to Juventus, a result that effectively ruled them out of the Scudetto race, so this latest perceived slight has raised Moratti’s ire once again.

“This constant to-ing and fro-ing has shown total indifference for a team that has to prepare for crucial matches,” added the patron. “This is an Italian club that is part of the Federation, even if we aren’t happy about it.”

Inter President Giacinto Facchetti took the sarcasm route when asked about the Adriano case.

“In all my years of football I have seen many things I did not agree with and didn't like, but this one is new,” said the former player.

channel4

1 - 20 of 21 Posts