Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shocking news from Ian Wright:

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has told Thierry Henry to join Barcelona.

Wright, 42, said: "With everything that Henry has done at Arsenal and with the desire he has to win the Champions League and other titles I would have to consider it if Barcelona called me."

Striker Wright held the Arsenal scoring record with 185 in 288 games until overtaken by Henry. And he reckons Henry, 28, would find it incredible playing alongside Barca's Brazilian ace Ronaldinho, 25.

Wright added: "It would be the chance to play with a player who has reached the heights of Maradona, Pele, Zinedine Zidane or Ronaldo - because Ronaldinho is among that elite."

I am shocked that guy does not have more heart in the club he played for so long then this. And I also remember the incident with his son Shaun Wright Phillips, where he told Shaun to join Chelsea instead of Arsenal.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Taken out of context.

He's been asked what he would do if he was in that situation, not what Henry should do.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
If I read between the lines then all I see is a grey background ... :pp

Even then, so what? He wouldn't be the first former player to say something bad about us. Alan Smith makes a living out of it ffs.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sir Leonardo said:
If I read between the lines then all I see is a grey background ... :pp

Even then, so what? He wouldn't be the first former player to say something bad about us. Alan Smith makes a living out of it ffs.
But he is a former legend...the second greatest goalscorer off all time. Are you not even slightly dissappointed. And it makes you think what really happend when he left Arsenal. At least there must be a reason for his constant negative attitude towards Arsenal.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Starcraft said:
But he is a former legend...the second greatest goalscorer off all time. Are you not even slightly dissappointed. And it makes you think what really happend when he left Arsenal. At least there must be a reason for his constant negative attitude towards Arsenal.
Why should I?

He's no different to half our support, all miserable bastards. :D

This is such a storm in a teacup.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i would never say fu-ck you Wright

but sorry Ian

FU-CK you

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But does it not make you wonder why he is always out to get Arsenal in some way??

I think perhaps he is discontent with his dismissal out of there.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Starcraft said:
But does it not make you wonder why he is always out to get Arsenal in some way??
No, not really.

He's an ex-player. His opinion doesn't mean anything anymore. He has nothing to do with the club, couldn't give a toss what he thinks.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i dont think henry will take any advice from him especially after the brilliant advice he gave his son.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
mojo78 said:
Ian Wright Wright Wright

Great Great football player.

lousy fan and irritating football commentator.

:thumbsup:

he is not an Arsenal fan, he has proved that over the last year, it's a shame when your head and ego an love of money develops to that rate.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Sir Leonardo said:
He's an ex-player. His opinion doesn't mean anything anymore. He has nothing to do with the club, couldn't give a toss what he thinks.
Unlike Fabregas, who is a current player, and who said pretty much the same thing. ;)

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think so, i've also heard some reports he is a Liverpool fan as well.

now he is a fan of money though.
Thats not very nice...:D

He has no money to gain on this one...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts