Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MY GODDDD!!!
I still can't belive Madrid won.. like the famous word... "May the best Team WIn"
And we did.. congrats.. REal!!!!!!!!!!!
I must say that the 2 last scores were unbelievable.. typical real madrid shots.. roitte???
i'm wondering wat must john toshack be thinking about....
ANywayz.. g2g now..

REAL MADRID 4-EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Actually del Bosque said some nice words on Toshacks behalf. He thanked him for getting such a well prepared team...LOL! Forgive me that I am saying something against Vicente, but I really think he should stop sucking up and start behaving like a MAN! He now has nothing to worry about and he can just go about his business. I think it's really unnecessary to congrat Toshack, who gave us such problems :( also John recieved a big bonus for winning the CL, which is absurd. Sorry pool, but your countryman has no honor... :(

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Come on, you know that Toshack was treated like sh!t by Sanz. I mean how would you feel if your chairman bought a player for £23 million who you did not want.
I believe that a manager needs time (unless his name is Vincente Del Bosque :D) and Toshack was given none.
Besides I don't like him that much as the guy walked out after one games as the Welsh manager :(

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I disagree with you labas on the del Bosque comments. Del Bosque is well known for being a true soft-spoken gentleman and a really calm person (which also can be seen on the bench). He doesn't deserve that kind of criticism, the man has been with Real Madrid all these years and has no enemies, has never said a bad word about anybody that had been severely criticizing him not so long ago (Marca had ever written that his personal style is unworthy of a club as prestigious as Real Madrid!!!)

I'd expect from a guy like him to speak like that about Toshak. Sucking up? Hardly, it's just his caracter.

And that's what makes him del Bosque, isn't it?
A decisive factor for bringing peace, calmness and team spirit among the players and earning the pan-european respect is just being his soft-spoken self.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Toshack wasn't entirely against bringing in Anelka. Sure he didn't want to pay 35 mln$, but he never ever said he didn't want him. And about Vicente - if this is his way, well OK< but IMO he's just sucking up :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
No lab, I think he'd better stay the way he is now. I think it's wrong for a coach to adopt that "impositive" way, vG chose it and look where he's now... :) :)

I was just reading an article yesterday that was saying that del Bosque, with his natural timid caracter, chose to always hold a kinda "backstage" position and never claimed any part of his stars fame or success for himself. I think that's really cool, especially in a team like ours, with a number of star players gathered, each and every one of them having their star ego (and sometimes attitude) etc...

I think it's a right approach to leave his "orchestra" shine, while he performs as its backstage "maestro". It's a dangerous tactic to come on strong and dominant in these situations, safer to take the "paternal" inspiring approach.
Well, at least that's what I think... ;)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
No!, I mean he's sucking up to everybody around. IMO he's just to nice. He has to be strong and powerful in his position...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The fact is that there was no way that Toshack would have said he was against it, how much trouble would that heave caused. Never mind, I don't actually like the guy that much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts