Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a fairly positive season with Fiorentina in season 2004/05,Fabrizio Miccoli is pondering a possible return to Italy and does admit that he does miss the city of Florence and it's people.He also said he wondered what it would've been like with he and Luca toni up front.Miccoli who now ply's his trade with benfica who reached the quarter final's of the Champion's League and were this week eliminated by big favourites Barcelona,could be on his way back to Italy next season.
Miccoli who's still owned by Juventus will decide his future at seasons end,
So what do you think?is there room for the talented small man back at Fiorentina or is the club flooded with forward's? :)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i would welcome him back, to me he loved the club. however a few points of concern:

(1) CRS mentioned the money situation. We would definatly not shell out for him. On top of this, we'd have to look at wages which is probably why we decided to let him go.

(2) we already have 3 strikers. I believe Pazzini is willing to sit on the bench and bide his time, i doubt Bojinov is. If Miccoli was to return, we'd have to have a pretty hectic schedule.

(3) his attitude. He wouldnt be the centre of attention at the club, this could cause problems.

(4) i don't think Prandelli sees him in his plans.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'd take him back in a heartbeat!

He probably would cut down on his wages to come back here, if he is such an admirer of Firenze and a Juve hater (which I'm sure he is). After all he was ready to pay part of his transfer fee from his own pocket last summer.

I also think he would form a great striking duo with Toni and could link up with Pazzini quite well (again). His arrival wouldn't harm Bojinov's playing time that much either, since Valeri ususally performs well when Toni doesn't play (because both are #9 strikers).

And why shouldn't Miccoli be in the centre of attention? After all the fans loved him last year as much as they love Toni this year and so, why wouldn't they love a Toni-Miccoli attack just as much?

Concern (4) might have been solved also. Prandelli probably let Miccoli go because he had put his trust in a 4-4-2 with Fiore and Jorgensen on the wings. Now the two aren't performing anymore and so the mister might be ready to change his plans. Some ideas:

----------------Frey
Ujfalusi---Kroldrup---Dainelli---Pasqual
---Brocchi---(Ledesma?)---Donadel
--------Jimenez------Miccoli
----------------Toni

or

----------------Frey
Ujfalusi---Kroldrup---Dainelli---Pasqual
---Brocchi---(Ledesma?)---Donadel
----------------Miccoli
----------Pazzini-----Toni

:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
toni - miccoli sounds very good and complementair !

but it will be difficult to keep bojinov, and regarding the money we spent , i dont think we can sell him without profit, and i dont want us to sell him
If fiore doesnt want to stay however, it can be a good solution with miccoli operating from the right and jimenez / bojinov/ pazzini as second striker like above is suggested by mago

How long does his contract last with juve? Cause he is welcome,but juve sure will want some money....

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I saw Fabrizio few times this season and he aways performed well, like in the end he did with us :thumbsup:

Mago, I like your formations, i have only one question, what would be with Montolivo then?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Why not?

Next season, let's hope:
(a) We're playing 2 upfront
(b) We're in the Champions League

If these two are true, we'll need four quality strikers. Toni, Pazzini, Bojinov and Miccoli would be perfect. They are all quite different, but all good players.

I'm not sure if Bojinov will stay, but Miccoli would be a great signing. He's hard-working and committed, versatile and creative. I'd love him back - if only for his incredible set-piece ability.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
welcome anytime

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
djokoo said:
Miccoli's return would be great! He is great when he plays as suppoting striker. So, his return could help Toni too. It would ease preasure on him.
I just don't see him as a support striker. He refuses to pass so how much support can he possibly be? I wouldn't want him, personally.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We have too much talent at the current time to bring back Miccoli to the great city of Florence. At the moment, Pazzini, Bojinov, Jimenez and Montolivo are all fighting for the same spot and if you bring back Fab, things will get worse. I say we leave our youthful energetic team alone, get Frey healthy, pick up a stronger cb and maybe sell Bojinov. If we get 4th place, i dont see any reason why the viola cannot secure a spot in the knockout round of the cl.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
17Michael said:
Why not?

Next season, let's hope:
(a) We're playing 2 upfront
(b) We're in the Champions League

If these two are true, we'll need four quality strikers. Toni, Pazzini, Bojinov and Miccoli would be perfect. They are all quite different, but all good players.

I'm not sure if Bojinov will stay, but Miccoli would be a great signing. He's hard-working and committed, versatile and creative. I'd love him back - if only for his incredible set-piece ability.
he would help on penalty situation! if Bojinov was to go, maybe bring in Tavano too as his replacement?

I would love to see him back and i think his form for Benfica has been good but i highly doubt we've even considered it - which is disappointing.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it was a real shame how the Miccoli-Fiorentina relationship couldn't go on,as they looked to compliment each other so well.I hope Miccoli does return to Italy in that fact of the matter.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
very funny,if u understand italian :irritate:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I though you were an expert on Toni's connections with the Mafia, so I just took it for granted you are perfectly fluent in both Sicilian and Italian. Don't let me down. :(

;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Miccoli back - no way I would rather have Tavano. One of the reasons we did so badly last season was a very divided dressing room . I don't want anything to disturb current harmony

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
undefined
Mago said:
I though you were an expert on Toni's connections with the Mafia, so I just took it for granted you are perfectly fluent in both Sicilian and Italian. Don't let me down. :(

;)
yea ok,but i pretend to not understand it so u cant tell the cops im related with the mafia :tongue: ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts