Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. France did not win that world cup where he only showed up in the final with two headers. We all agree that he was just another good player before the final. Del Pierro was the best in Juve

2. Ronaldo did not ge injured. We all agree that Ronaldo was the absolute best before the injury
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ampersand said:
great players deliver in big games. zidane rightfully belongs as an all-time great.
So Dudeck belongs in the all time great. He singlehandely :rolleyes: won a shittly side a ucl. Zidane had a little help from his team mates who were not exactly that bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
never said he did it alone, france was a great team albeit lacking a center forward of quality then. still he played big when it mattered. top five of his generation (95-02), with rivaldo, ronaldo, figo and bergkamp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
A pretty poor attempt to discredit an absolute legend of the game, Calcio. The best player I've seen throughout my lifetime.

Just accept that you've got the best player of these days, and leave it at that eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bocha said:
A pretty poor attempt to discredit an absolute legend of the game, Calcio. The best player I've seen throughout my lifetime.

Just accept that you've got the best player of these days, and leave it at that eh?
But, do you agree that
1. He was not the best player in Juve. That was easily del pierro

2. Ronaldo was the absolute best before the injury
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Calcio100 said:
But, do you agree that
1. He was not the best player in Juve. That was easily del pierro

2. Ronaldo was the absolute best before the injury
I don't know if DP was the best player at Juve,syrely Zidane was a close rival to that question. :eekani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Calcio100 said:
But, do you agree that
1. He was not the best player in Juve. That was easily del pierro

2. Ronaldo was the absolute best before the injury
I certainly don't agree with point 1.

Point 2 is debatable. It depends on one's perspective. Ronaldo was outstanding before his injury, definitely. To me though, that doesn't change the fact I regard Zidane as the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bandiera said:
I don't know if DP was the best player at Juve,syrely Zidane was a close rival to that question. :eekani:
So it was debatable? What happened to suddenly transform him to be easily the best in the world and make him top 5 of this generation? A world cup win in a tournament he did even get mvp for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Calcio100 said:
So it was debatable? What happened to suddenly transform him to be easily the best in the world and make him top 5 of this generation? A world cup win in a tournament he did even get mvp for?
Zidane was a real key for Juve's successes in the time he was there,not only DP.When Zidane was missing you knew that Juve were seriously struggling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,383 Posts
Zidane is a legend.
In my lifetime (since 1994, before that I was too young) :

1.Romario
2.Ronaldo
3.Zidane
4.Rivaldo
5.Roberto Baggio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,204 Posts
zidane is a legend there is no doubting that.....and i dont understand what the aim of this thread is really, well not the initial points you made anyway. and to say dudek won the CL on his own is a ridiculous comment, luis 'god' garcia and stevie G dragged them there...but yeh, zidane=legend....yet why has he always refused to do any kind of tracking back or defensive work!? especially at Real....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
Seriously Calcio, I wonder if you even watch football. Do you just read match reports and think you know the whole story or something?

Zidane was outstanding and he's still a pretty good player although he seems to be past it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,395 Posts
brasileiro said:
Zidane is a legend.
In my lifetime (since 1994, before that I was too young) :

1.Romario
2.Ronaldo
3.Zidane
4.Rivaldo
5.Roberto Baggio.

I always thot U wer OLDER THAN the rest of us..like ur 30sumthing...??

Hmmm
 

·
fawkin legend
Joined
·
4,943 Posts
Zidane is overrated.

Best players of the last 10 years:

Romario 1994-1996
Ronaldo 1996-1998
Rivaldo 1998-2000
Zidane 2000-2001
Ronaldinho 2002-2xxx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Macumba said:
Zidane is overrated.

Best players of the last 10 years:

Romario 1994-1996
Ronaldo 1996-1998
Rivaldo 1998-2000
Zidane 2000-2001
Ronaldinho 2002-2xxx

not biased at all.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top