Xtratime Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
No... for now. Considering the many years that Ancelotti has been with us now and the amount of trophies he's won it would be very difficult to see him go and more importantly not so easy to find a worthy replacement.

I'm not sure if Rijkaard would be a good option. I'm interested to see how he does in his next coaching job.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
No

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys give me an opinion.Just like Carlo,He is a man of the clubs,knows it and was an integral part of all the best memmories and left through the front door and an enigmatic one with a strong personality,support and wisdom.He knows he is starting on a clean slate.You could get a pimp like Boban to drive your midfield and who better to tackle mourinho.Seriously,You guys need Frank.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I think Carlo will eventually leave, as he said previously he wants to coach Roma before he ends his caoching career, so i think its only a matter of a year or two before he leaves, which would open the door for Frank, but to be honest, i just dont think he is capable enough, i dont think he is the right kind of coach for Milan

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Without Cate, Rijkaard is a weak coach. Ancelotti is a fcuking game reader, so long he is not stubborn, or forced to play another formation.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,447 Posts
Rijkaard is an average coach who was at the right place at the right time and somehow got the Barca job. His tactical shortcomings came apparent pretty much immediately after Ten Cate left. He deserves credit for the trophies he won at Barca but I wouldn't want him at Milan.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Modern coaches are managers of people. They need to balance egos and motivate players. Ancelotti does this very well. The players respond to him. By the end, Rijkaard had lost Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco (and how knows who else). Sure, some of this may have been player problem, but it did not seem that Frank was capable of doing much at all to manage and alter those issues. Maybe Ronaldinho does not have half (or any) of the issues he had is somebody else had been trying to talk/work with him instead of sending him to the doghouse.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I like both :) Right now Rijkaard is not the right guy though. Maybe in a couple of years. Him, Van Basten, Baresi or Costacurta, plenty of Milan family men to choose from :)

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
I think Baresi would suck as a coach. Costacurta should become a good one though. All in all, from the former Milan greats, from Donadoni to Rijkaard, MvB to Gullit, Baresi to Tassotti... Carletto is by far the best one, so no, I would never want to swap him with Rijkaard.

Actually I dream of a season where Ancelotti gets 5-6 players HE wants and watch what he is going to do with it. But I doubt this will ever happen.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
NO to Frank and NO to MVB. If we have to take a dutch coach I would only accept Hiddink. If we continue with the policy of hiring coaches that have played for us I would rather do it in house with what we already have in Billy & Tassoti. If not than a coach swap with Roma or Lippi after he wins the 2010 WC.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No, basically because of what has already been stated. Carlo has his negative stuff, but overall he is a great coach, who above anything he knows how to handle his players (few exceptions, but that's also normal considering the quantity of players he had managed), and I admire the fact that inspite of some serious defeats in his career (thinking specifically about the scudetto with Juventus in 2000 and the CL losses against Deportivo and Liverpool) he hasn't fallen, he goes back most of the time.

And I know Berlusconi has stated he would like someone from "the house" as our new coach once Carlo leaves, but I would rather get someone like Spalleti, Prandelli, Lippi, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts