Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

This is a story written by what was a more or less failed science fiction writer that wrote books none bought. But he found his way to earn money, he discovered the most stupid people on this earth, Hollywood stars. The rest is history. but it boggles my mind how anyone with any bit of sanity can believe a story this poorly written and stupid. It boggles mme even more how they seemingly can't make the connection between the founder having been a science fiction writer and his wokrk being a science fiction story. Yes Travolta and Cruise, I am talking to you.

So do anyone here think this thing is plausible? Do you send them money?

Personally I am off writing a story, apparently it have to be incredibly poor which can be a art in itself...

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Johan said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

This is a story written by what was a more or less failed science fiction writer that wrote books none bought. But he found his way to earn money, he discovered the most stupid people on this earth, Hollywood stars. The rest is history. but it boggles my mind how anyone with any bit of sanity can believe a story this poorly written and stupid. It boggles mme even more how they seemingly can't make the connection between the founder having been a science fiction writer and his wokrk being a science fiction story. Yes Travolta and Cruise, I am talking to you.

So do anyone here think this thing is plausible? Do you send them money?

Personally I am off writing a story, apparently it have to be incredibly poor which can be a art in itself...
Hehe I was contemplating starting a thread on Scientology after watching that episode of South Park :googly:

I actually had no idea on this topic until the messages on South Park read "This is what Scientologists actually believe". I was quite surprised, so I googled Scientology and I read all this strange info about them.

WHat I don't understand is why is the origin of Xenu (argued to be called Xemu :howler: ) a mystery? You have to pay money to learn that "secret" or something. Weird...I think it's all a bunch of crap. :undecide:

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rhizoid said:
I actually had no idea on this topic until the messages on South Park read "This is what Scientologists actually believe".
This was the eyeopener. I had heard that they believed in something stupid, but I had no idea what it was. I could never imagine it would be this farfetched and silly. Not even in the most extreme sarcasm I could make about people wanting to believe something would I go this far.

Compared to this story the awefully bad "Battlefield earth" seems like a brilliant story.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
numerodix said:
Johan, *this* is what scientology actually is? You're not serious, right?
I wish.
You could follow the links and read up on it. This is the story presented to OT (Operating Thetan) of level 3 (OT VIII being highest level).

Scientology is otherwise mostly about strange methods of "cleaning people" and "rehabilitating their human spirit".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology#Beliefs_and_practices

And yes, Hubbard that made the religion was a science fiction author that wrote worthless pieces like "Battlefield earth" that none bought. but admittedly this sorry bastard that you asked now had the dubious pleasure of watching... on cinema at that. That lies as an heavy burden on my conscience and I will surely go to hell.

I must add this piece as it is hilarious:

wikipedia said:
Scientologists argue that published accounts of the Xenu story and other colorful teachings are presented out of context for the purpose of ridiculing their religion. Journalists and critics of Scientology counter that Xenu is part of a much wider Scientology belief in past lives on other planets, some of which has been public knowledge for decades. For instance, Hubbard's 1958 book Have You Lived Before This Life documents past lives described by individual Scientologists during auditing sessions. These included memories of being "deceived into a love affair with a robot decked out as a beautiful blond-haired girl", being run over by a Martian bishop driving a steamroller, being transformed into an intergalactic walrus that perished after falling out of a flying saucer, and being "a very happy being who strayed to the planet Nostra 23,064,000,000 years ago".
:howler:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Rhizoid said:
I actually had no idea on this topic until the messages on South Park read "This is what Scientologists actually believe". I was quite surprised, so I googled Scientology and I read all this strange info about them.
Exactly the same here, it was hard to believe.
Of course one can argue that every religion requires a bit of stupidity, or rather naivity and good will to believe in something that can not be explained scientifically and/or historically. But the amount of stupidity that's required to religiously believe in the (bad) stories of a (bad) science-fiction author and pay lots of money to those Scientology-bastards, that's just wrong, no reason for tolerance, in my opinion... :undecide:
Go on, sue me!
Signed, John Smith ;)

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Dammit, Boyo! :groan: I was just about to post the Xenu.net link.

I've seen the Dianetics booth in subway stations in busier areas of town, with a sign that says "are you stressed out? Take our test to see!" It's a brilliant strategy: catch people in one of the more stressfull environments where most are experiencing varying levels of "rat in a cage" syndrome (who doesn't wish they could avoid rush hour?), find a person who's in a weak moment, and presto! You've got them convinced that their life is one endless stressor, and after your hard sell, you've got their phone number and a copy of Dianetics in their hands. With a little buddy-buddy nudging, they're shelling out money to cross the bridge to nuttiness.
Feeling depressed with physical pains? It's the residual effects of a past life, and you're weak to turn to drug therapy. Having a rough time during childbirth? Be quiet and it'll go more smoothly.

Oh, I could have cockpunched Tom Cruise for his comments about Brooke Shields! :fero:

·
International
8,545 Posts
I only ever hear about actors being involved...anybody know just how big this religion is?

There are other similar beliefs, I read a book called "The tenth planet" which was actually the first in a whole series of them, but I stopped after it.

The author translates old Sumerian tablets which apparently tell a story of an alien race that actually spawned ours. The story was certainly more plausible than scientology but had a lot of holes. The author's translations often differed from everyone else's and he seemed to ignore a lot of stuff. It was more like he had a story in his head and made everything fit. Some of his "evidence" was actually pretty well thought out but some was just downright ridiculous and I even laughed out loud when I read it.

·
International
8,545 Posts
The planet they came from had an orbit perpendicular to ours and lasted 3600 years and if I remember correctly, it's a massive planet. It collided with another planet that was in orbit in the current day asteroid belt and broke it in half. Part of that planet ended up in Earth's current orbit (and he says the Pacific ocean is evidence of the planet being split in half) and the other portion makes up the asteroid belt.

Rubbish or not it was actually a fun read.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
From the Wikipedia article:

The interior decoration of "all modern theaters" is also said by Hubbard to be due to an unconscious recollection of Xenu's implants.
If this is true, then how dare John Travolta and Tom Cruise force millions into paining their subconscious with their movies!* :eekani:

*Run with it; it'll be fun.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Boyo said:
"Xenu's implants"
Did Xenu want bigger, rounder jubblies? Is that a reason to hate the poor fictitious character? :cry:

I noticed after writing my Cruise-and-Travolta-subjecting-thetans-to-trauma bit that it could be applied to any environment in which one of their movies is viewed, not just theatres, but maybe it was just me getting ahead of myself again. Sigh, I'm like, SO not cleared!

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
A friend of mine from highschool got into Scientology (after she got into Mormonism) and, basically, they sucked every penny from her. The average sap (as opposed to the famous people they suck dry in a slightly different way while using their fame to get average people into the "church") is made to pay for every "treatment" they get and they just keep getting told they need more to get "clear".

I can totally see why so many Hollywood types go in for this as they message they get is that they are special aliens and thus are expected to rule over the rest of us losers. Some marginally talented actor would love to hear that they are cosmically per-determined to have gotten that supporting role in 'That 70s Show' due to their inherent "specialness" rather than their legendary casting couch blowjob or because they fit into the costume. The lure for regular people I cannot figure out, though. Maybe they think they'll meet TomKat at some chuch function. In fact the rich folks have their own special events and the riff raff don't get to mingle, as the typical Scientology event is more segregated than a George Wallace BBQ circa 1958.
My friend ended up practically bankrupt, with no friends other than other Scientologists and in the looney bin (not entirely the fault of the crazy Hubbard-ites, but it sure didn't help), and because they don't beleive in psycho-active drugs she didn't get the help she needed as a schitzoprenic and tried to burn her parent's house down. Ended up on the 6th floor of the county jail. I guess the "auditing' didn't help her...

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Sorry to sound insensitive heather, but anybody that is so stupid to get sucked in deserves exploting. Thats anybody, not your friend in particular. Its harsh what else happened such as schizophrenia, but her initial stupidity deserves criticism.

·
International
8,545 Posts
That's a bad attitude Green One. Some people are just not that bright and it's the way they were born.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Green One said:
Sorry to sound insensitive heather, but anybody that is so stupid to get sucked in deserves exploting. Thats anybody, not your friend in particular. Its harsh what else happened such as schizophrenia, but her initial stupidity deserves criticism.
they deserve your help. Whether they want it or not.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
...seeing how blindly people are willing to follow some of this crazy shit, I think I'm going to start my own religion where one form of worship consists of sticking one's tongue in an electrical outlet. I might not be able to squeeze as much money out of these wackos as Scientology can, seeing how the aforementioned form of worship would limit my supply of "returning customers," but consider it a a public service.

;)

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Sorry Tim, but Boyo beat you to it. He's already started the Church of Boyology.

It's a strange religion. All I'm required to do is send him my credit card numbers and expiration dates.

:confused:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts