Xtratime Community banner

Would you be satisfied with winning the Coppa Italia?

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter fans only.

Firdaus, thanks for putting the poll up, and lets see who voted for what option.

This question is not whether you want it- Of course we want it. But whether you would say- Great first season. Lets move on. Or: What a waste of a season. We need to change. What a lousy trophy.

Personally, I think this is a great step to build confidence and good will in the squad. In Mancio's first season. Remember guys- WHEN MANCIO came, many of you preached- First season. No one can do it in one season. Give him time. And yet the same lot of you complain and want him fired (including myself, I'm in this category) when he made it to CL quarters and is third in the Serie A. And really, only one team- Milan- hampered our progress in both Championships, though the draws (for god sakes, not even losses) in the Serie A really killed us in the beginning.

And so I think this is a must-win for our squad. But not a necessary one.

Must-win in the sense of building from scratch, a stepping stone. We have taken the TIM Trophy, and maybe the Coppa is one step up. Maybe next year, the Serie A if we are lucky. Then the year after the CL. THen maybe both.

But until then, we have to build upon our squad and coach and do it one step at a time. Only get rid of players that we hardly use. Keep the coach. Keep the structure. Let us have a coach and team for once that want each other and have decided to keep each other. Don't stick a team and a coach together. ANd build upon our success.

In that way, the Coppa is a very important goal. The Coppa is a very nice step indeed, and remember- it is very attainable. Very attainable indeed. We must concentrate and focus on it with all our might, b/c if Cagliari, an excellent attacking team, won't kill us Roma will. A mighty Roma wanting to make up for a bad season of turmoil. Now is the time to act and be calm.

In Mancio's hands we are.

FORZA INTER

CURVA NORD
VIKING INTER
BOYS ROMA
IRRIDICUBILI
INTER ULTRAS
ADRIANO GOL CLUB

PLUS

EQUALS

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
We have to be happy even if we dont want to.

·
Registered
46,320 Posts
Whoa, great thread by Pulsar. It's a tough question to answer especially when we're still utterly disappointed about losing out on the CL. I wouldn't say great season...but I would be very satisfied as we need a trophy to build on. The players need to taste success (any success will do!) to build upon their confidence. I don't think that they'll be boasting about winning it, but it can only be beneficial to them and will lead them for the first time in so long to actually BUILD upon something rather than trying to change everything or repair everything as we've done for the past so many seasons. The players will actually feel as if they're working towards something instead of the usual "we f**ked up, and now we have to climb from absolute zero to the top since there's so much pressure on us not to f**k up again". That kind of mentality can only be detrimental and can lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy each season.

So yes, I'd be very happy but I couldn't say it was a great season. But we have to win it first. I hope the players will forget everything and go for it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good thread and post Pulsar

I think this topic is a very important yet underestimated topic.
We need to make a stepping stone to success. It is easier on the players psyche. It builds experience on the big stage, if Materazzi has one game in a Coppa Italia final, he could pull of an average performance in next years CL final, when we beat reigning champions Chelsea.

The good thing about the Italian cup, is the target sign on our shirt. This is a reminder to any body, including our own team that we are the cup champions

I want this trophy, and i am confident we can attain it

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Cagliari vs Inter 20/04/2005 and 11/05/2005

Roma vs Udinese 20/04/2005 and 11/05/2005

Final 12/06/2005 15/06/2005

Am confused on the dates, is the final a two legged match?

But regarding our opponents, Cagliari should be a stroll in the park, but Udinese will be tough as will Roma, but we can do it

·
Registered
46,320 Posts
Yes, the final has 2 legs.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Winning is a habit which saddenly Inter doesn't have currently. So winning coppa italia could help instill this in the team. So its important to win this cup.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
If we win the Coppa, Will I be happy? No.

Satisfied? Yes.

001 said:
Cagliari vs Inter 20/04/2005 and 11/05/2005

Roma vs Udinese 20/04/2005 and 11/05/2005
I believe the first leg dates have been postponed by a week, as there's a delayed Serie A week on the 20th (We're playing against Juve)

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
So what were the changed dates of the 2 legs of the semi finals. Because those cant be right, as we have a Juve match on Wednesday, and the 1st leg is set for Wednesday.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Semi-final
1st leg Thursday 12/05/2005: Cagliari-Inter
2nd leg Wednesday 18/05/2005: Inter-Cagliari

Final:
Sunday 12 June 2005 (1st leg)
Wednesday 16 June 2005 (2nd leg)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Cagliari at home earlier on this season ?? Wasn't it 3-3 or something?? Hopefully it'll be easier if Inter take it seriously because we have put on a second-string team half the time.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
if milan are trophyless and juve only win the scudetto then yes i do think it would be a successful season

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Firdaus Polllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thankssssssssssssssssssssss Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:d:d:d:d::d:d::d:d:d:d:d:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I do not think the results of Milan and Juventus should be a consideration for us at this point in time. Our achievements, or lack thereof should not be compared to them. Like it or not, they are operating at a higher level than Inter and if we always make the comparison, Inter are always going to fall short.

I believe it is best to look at the Coppa Italia as an opportunity. An opportunity to build team spirit, confidence and perhaps take a little bit of pressure away from the club, its coach and the players. As we all know, with every passing year that Inter does not win silverware, the pressure and focus of the media becomes more intense. In the big scheme of things, winning the Coppa Italia would not seem too important to the likes of Milan, Juventus and clubs outside Italy but I believe it could possibly change the tide and allow the players to think more positively and actually confirm rather than just believe that they are capable of winning something.

What I am trying to say is that I would not be ecstatic but I would be happy and satisfied that in his first season, Mancini has moulded a team identity and brought a trophy to the club. One last thing, does anyone remember how Milan celebrated winning the Coppa against Roma a few years ago? There were great scenes at the Meazza and the way Milan celebrated that victory (as well as with the Champions League at the same time) is a sign that the Coppa is not a meaningless competition. In my opinion, there has to be a start to Inter's winning silverware and I believe the Coppa is exactly what is needed. Not to mention the fact that the Coppa Italia target would look extremely sexy on our shirt! ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts