Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Trap would bench DP in EURO 04, to play Cassano in the starting line-up?

This would look something like this:

Camoranesi, Totti, Cassano;

Vieri;

Alternatively, he could chose to play Cassano on the right, and include DP in his usual position on the left:

Cassano, Totti, Del Piero;

Vieri;

(I only picked Camo for the right position in the first line-up because Trap will prob pick him, even though myself and many others would prefer Fiore here).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the majority of people will be saying no he wouldnt.

Food for thought though.

Trap needs to bite his ass and change a few things if Italy are to win EURO. One of them is including Cassano in the starting line-up.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Trap is a stubborn man but he called upon Cassano when perhaps most thought he wouldn't after the U-21 and Capello episodes.

According to form, Cassano should start but I believe we'll start with Del Piero, if he performs badly then we'll see how Trap reacts.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
we may not see either of them on the field. could be totti and vieri upfront, or totti behind vieri and inzaghi if he gets fit.

with cassano and del piero, one problem is that they both play on that left side for their clubs, so maybe traps would prefer a fiore for the right, or even a miccoli. please no camo though!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CUG said:
we may not see either of them on the field. could be totti and vieri upfront, or totti behind vieri and inzaghi if he gets fit.

with cassano and del piero, one problem is that they both play on that left side for their clubs, so maybe traps would prefer a fiore for the right, or even a miccoli. please no camo though!
Totti behind Vieri and Inzaghi is a tried and failed attack. If Trap reverts back to this, after using a lone striker with success for the last year, then he really is a fool. I dont think he is this stupid though...

Trap should stick with the 4-2-3-1.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
traps is a fool though, proven fact. he used zanetti in the WC, but continued to use him and still does even though he is shit. he doesnt play with gattuso and pirlo, another 'fool' fact.

traps is senile mate, a dino in a modern era.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Trap door open for Cassano Monday 8 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has again hinted that Roma¡¯s Antonio Cassano will be a part of Euro 2004.

The starlet broke into the national side just before Christmas and his League form continues to impress.

"Antonio is doing really well right now," said the tactician. "Let¡¯s hope that he stays on this path and continues to move forward."

Cassano was again a protagonist for the capital outfit last night as he scored in the 4-1 win over Inter.

"I believe that his friendship with Francesco Totti has really helped him and will continue to," added Trap.

"I¡¯m not going to comment on whether Cassano will be part of my squad. All that I will say is that Cassano will do well if he continues to follow the example of Totti."

While Trap is remaining cautious, there are some who believe that the 21-year-old should not only be part of the squad but he should star in the first team.

"He has really grown up over the last few months," said Roma¡¯s sporting director Franco Baldini.

"As a player I would say that he had little to learn but his moments of madness have become less regular.

"Totti has certainly helped him but so too has boss Fabio Capello. He¡¯s been a life Coach as he has known when to use a stick and when to use a carrot."

Cassano was prone to making the headlines for all the wrong reasons after fall outs with Capello and Under-21 boss Claudio Gentile.

channel4

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
at the moment anyone whos watching Italian football can agree that Cassano is far better the DP. but if Trap would bench DP is another question.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
dp is injured now though. out for a month to 50 days i think. so he may not be ready for the euro. i think if dp is fit, he'll play with totti and vieri. he seems to like that, and i dont mind it either.

but cassano is playing better, there is no doubt about that. and with totti, it only makes sense to play them together.

i personally dont want to see Camoranesi starting ahead of Fiore for example, but who is to know.

another thing, is it possible for cassano, totti and del piero to be behind vieri? its worth a try, even though dp and cassano play their best on the left side i suppose.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I dont see why that cant work, but asking Trap to do that is a stretch. Essentially thats 4 forwards on at the same time. Cassano would have to come back to defend, as DP does allready. It at least slows down the opponents progress and lets the defense organize.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Giallorosso_01 said:
Totti behind Vieri and Inzaghi is a tried and failed attack. If Trap reverts back to this, after using a lone striker with success for the last year, then he really is a fool. I dont think he is this stupid though...

Trap should stick with the 4-2-3-1.
Don't forget that Italy's best game after the WC was with 4-4-2, with Del Piero, Inzaghi and Vieri.

I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again. Del Piero will be great in Euro 2004. Just wait and see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts