Xtratime Community banner

Would Deco make Brazil's starting XI??/

Would Deco make Brazil's starting XI???

2K views 44 replies 35 participants last post by  AMOROSO! 
#1 ·
So what's your take? Do you think Deco would/should be a part of Brazil's starting XI? He's been great for Barça and I find it a bit shocking that a player like Gilberto gets/got chosen in the past when they could have put in Deco. I'm particularly interested in the Brazilians' opinion.

#5 ·
Deco would be ideal for the Brazil team in the position he plays for Barca, though i think with the balance that Ze Roberto provides and his adaptation to the line up i think at this moment in time Deco would find it hard to oust Ze Roberto, so the answer is No IMO.

#11 ·
I think he is definitely good enough, and definitely fits their system. So yes, I believe he would make it.
I just think that by the time he was noticed and had the proper exposure to be considered, he had already joined Portugal.

#13 ·
Ronaldinho-------Ronaldo-------Robinho

--Kaka----------------------Deco-----

--------------Emerson------------------

R Carlos-----Lucio-----Cris--------Cafu-

---------------Dida--------------------

as for me i think he would fit into the team and considering his form in the last three years he would be in the startin XI

#14 ·
Deco is a CM/OM. He is not better than RG or Kaka. Then again, it's not his fault. No AM would be a starter for Brasil, simply because we play with only two, Kaka and RG are the best in the world at their positions.

arfy05 said:
... though i think with the balance that Ze Roberto provides and his adaptation to the line up i think at this moment in time Deco would find it hard to oust Ze Roberto, so the answer is No IMO.
Great post. I don't think he could replace Ze either.

#15 ·
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
Ronaldinho-------Ronaldo-------Robinho

--Kaka----------------------Deco-----

--------------Emerson------------------

R Carlos-----Lucio-----Cris--------Cafu-

---------------Dida--------------------

Looks great on paper (just like the current Barca team + Henry :D ) but Brazil needs those two "defensive" midfielders playing the "magic quartet" the whole nation expects to perform. And I can't see Deco doing this (too lightweight etc.). Edmilson yes. There has never been room for Deco (he wasn't just overlooked) and there won't be in near future.

I wish him best luck with Portugal :) :thumbsup: It would be a disgrace he scores against Brazil in a WC final though :dazed: :D

#25 ·
Well he'd be a workhorse CM in Brazil lineup just like he is at Barcelona where his job is just to create plays for Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Messi or whoever and leave the fantasy to them.

He has given interviews saying he likes the OM role that he plays for Portugal better than the CM position he plays in Barcelona.

It's a big waste of talent. The guy obviously lacks Kaka's pace, but he has more natural technique. He wipes the floor with Juninho Pernambucano, but of course Juninho has the FK factor.

Don't know what he would choose if given the offer of playing OM for Portugal or CM for Brazil though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.